Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Phantasy Star Online 2
Phantasy Star Online 2
 Sylph.Ticktick
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2021-01-19 14:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I played pso2 for just over 40 hours and still am a ways off from level capped. That's not much in mmo terms but its still a significant amount. The game play isn't that exciting (yet?) Nor is it difficult. Menus are cumbersome and gameplay is very repetitive. If you haven't played it yet I think you should just wait for NG
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-19 14:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

PSO2 menus and systems are very cumbersome and un-streamlined because you have to consider it's a >8 years old game that was focusing on slow grind.

They added new things over the years but most of the time they were additiona things and not in place of old system.
The result is that some of the old things don't make much sense anymore but they're still there.
A lot of things don't make sense at all from the point of view of a player who starts today.
And the feeling of a new player is that of being... overwhelmed with a *** of things and being unable to tell which ones are those you should focus to and which you should ignore.
(of course there are guides for that I guess).

PSO New Genesis promises to "solve" all those things, which is why I said I wouldn't suggest a new player to start today with PSO2.
Yes of course SEGA created some small (imho irrelevant, but to each his own) reasons to keep players playing PSO2 or even starting it today. They had to do it, or after the announce of New Genesis PSO2 would've semi-died lol.