Bahamut.Zellc
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-06-05 10:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Many things

i value your opinion greatly. you just opened the door on a lot of possibilities for the 5- hit. and i notice i still have more upgrades to make when it comes to ws-ing lol.

the misunderstanding about when the update would happen is a fail on my behalf. i was under the impression that they were going to add all of this stuff tomorrow. so i guess ill have to wait to change up macros and spellcast in light of this realization.

overall im pleased to know im not the only one in the sam community who finds tactical mantle disgusting lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-06-05 11:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

oh and i also meant to say, that if the trend of the job trait stp continues as it has been over all these levels, the stp V should be an additional 5 stp(should lol).
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-05 11:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

well, that was kind of easy to figure out as far as the six-hit route goes, though tbh doesn't beat the five-hit imo, since at best you're gaining 14% more zanshin (5/5 merits, katana strap 5%, unkai mimikazari 1% and let's assume ace's mufflers are 3%) over what the five-hit already uses (unkai domaru +2 and unkai sugemino)

still though, crazy when you think about it, since at level eighty (and beyond) samurai's base zanshin rate would (or should) be 55% (10% every twenty levels, starting at lv20), and i'd imagine it's a safe bet unkai domaru +2's zanshin is at least 3% as well, since it's kind of a pathetic piece past the store tp on it otherwise (sup haub+1 with no fSTR and dDEX but 7 more atk/acc)

assuming five store tp from store tp v, no store tp merits included (in favor of 5/5 zanshin merits)

tp - 17.2% return

masabro katanastrap empty thewbomblet
zelustiara ganesha'smala unkaimimikazari brutalearring
unkaidomaru+2 ace'smufflers mars'sring rajasring
unkaisugemino bullwhipbelt unkaihaidate+2 ace'sleggings

ws - 15.0% return (101.0% total)

masabro katanastrap empty thewbomblet
varangianhelm justicetorque vulcan'spearl brutalearring
fazheluoradiantmail heafocmitts pyrosoulring rajasring
unkaisugemino beirbelt+1 hachiryuhaidate unkaisune-ate+2

55% base (trait effect x4, lv20/lv40/lv60/lv80)

5/5 merits (5%)

katana strap (5%, needs testing though i'm almost certain)

unkai mimikazari (1%, safe to assume since all the jse earrings are very weak, i.e iga mimikazari 1% dual wield)

unkai domaru +2 (3%?)

ace's mufflers (3%, being generous probably for hands that can be equipped by jobs other than samurai)

unkai sugemino (3%, otherwise if it's less than that after verification, atheling mantle ahoy)

in short, six-hit route's sporting 75% zanshin at maximum probably, while 63% at the least (take out katana strap and unkai sugemino in favor of pole grip and atheling mantle, mimikazari/domaru/mufflers each 1%); five-hit's rolling 61% maximum, 56% minimum

both sides will possess the same amount of double attack, 2% in six-hit's favor if katana strap is garbage; if store tp v is in fact five points, the six-hit'll have 2% haste over the five-hit, but i do believe it'll be irrelevant, since the five-hit looks far superior in the long run after comparing the two

only 4/5 ikishoten's required for the six-hit (enabling a blade bash or shikikoyo merit), while the five-hit i believe required all five merits for it to shave a hit off toward 100% tp

ps: don't ever contemplate using nanatsusayanotachi ok? ok

edit: the five-hit ikoshoten doesn't require 5/5, 4/5 works for it
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-05 11:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zellc said:
oh and i also meant to say, that if the trend of the job trait stp continues as it has been over all these levels, the stp V should be an additional 5 stp(should lol).

should, and tbh probably will, seeing how we're getting it now at ninety like how it was originally assumed to be, but i figured including the ten store tp v builds wouldn't hurt

makes me wish they would've held it off until lv95 or 99 (in hopes of a better chance at it being ten points), but this hasso adjustment as is already makes things pretty ridiculous

now they just need to give samurai access to gandiva, or (preferrably) make kaiten crit :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
[+]
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-06-05 11:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

when it comes to the perfect tp body, i assume that fstr ad fdex is just a bonus, why i think domaru is top dog is cause it combines so many great features into one slot. even if haub+1 had any sort of stp, i think i would still use domaru. then again that is just my personal opinion. i am also not well versed when it comes to stats such as fstr and fdex.

i do like the math and speculation done with the zanshin calculation. i think i said it before but i do wish they would make things like "enhances zanshin effect" a straight percent or a number like with da or ta. would make things a lot easier on us lol.

i am curious though, how would you go about testing how much zanshin any given piece of zanshin gear would have?
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-06-05 11:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Bahamut.Zellc said:

should, and tbh probably will, seeing how we're getting it now at ninety like how it was originally assumed to be, but i figured including the ten store tp v builds wouldn't hurt

makes me wish they would've held it off until lv95 or 99 (in hopes of a better chance at it being ten points), but this hasso adjustment as is already makes things pretty ridiculous

now they just need to give samurai access to gandiva, or (preferrably) make kaiten crit :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

lol im sure you would like that. kaiten being crit that is. it did saddened to see that the bow was not available to samurai. i would have even taken the polearm.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-05 12:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

to test it currently, you'd pretty much need to drop your hit rate to the absolute lowest plausible (easiest via blinding potion and a weapon you're low in skill with, specifically staff and /thf so you have no base skill), and also remove all (if any) da/ta/qa gear

from there, account how many times you swing and how many you swing twice in an attack round on, as far as eyeballing's silliness goes; i believe the most legitimate way of going about getting the results would be counting up how many times you would swing in the span of say, a straight hour of swinging with the set delay (356 in the case of terra's staff) and no haste included whatsoever (or otherwise 26% in gear for the sake of more end result)

first that would need verification is the base trait increase that was anticipated at level eighty obviously, but long story short, unless you can justify swinging at something for an hour straight with a terra's staff, 26% gear haste and no da/ta/qa gear/traits whatsoever, just to tell me how many times you swung more over 808 (hour test sample starting THE MOMENT you move to place your very first swing), i'd recommend leaving it be for now, since it'll be easier to test after the update
[+]
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-06-05 12:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

lol that is a lot of work but that sure does narrow it down. im rather impatient so i may do it before the update and after the update to see before and after update results and with each piece of enhances gear. just to see the full benefit of what zanshin is.

meant to ask also would like level 0 mobs be the target here or would i have to go find something EP to wack with said stick
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-05 12:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i would assume something decently sturdy... if you do level 0 mobs, you may find yourself spending far too much time running from target to target (or you'll kill far too many too quickly and run into the same problem)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-05 13:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
i would assume something decently sturdy... if you do level 0 mobs, you may find yourself spending far too much time running from target to target (or you'll kill far too many too quickly and run into the same problem)

you would need to be engaged the entire time, so by no means would anything in ronfaure work; ideally, anything that can cure itself and can last an hour against ~150 damage every minute (critical hits rape no matter what)

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
troll-tier builds

Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-05 13:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya Mabrook, I'm sorry, but I think you're missing akey point here... we're talking Masamune, not Amano... So sword strap I think is instantly out for Masa, as Amano gives that extra 7 STP... additionally, why would you TP in Atheling Mantle and not put it in the (att) WS set? Seems counterproductive to me... *shrug*
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-05 13:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

even for amano, sword strap is garbage, since the moment aftermath goes down (twenty second duration = ew), you permanently kill your five-hit until the next kaiten

you'd be better off working around capping haste first and foremost
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-05 13:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I would think Amano would benefit most from pole grip honestly... Don't need the STP from Rose, and I can't think of a better grip really anyways... (unless with update katana grip becomes Godly lol)

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-05 13:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

kaiten aftermath up, zelus tiara and white tathlum

kaiten aftermath down, unkai kabuto +2 and thew bomblet

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-05 13:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

no Mab...what I'm saying is, why not put it in the WS (att) set ALSO.. it has....high attack... and 3% DA....Am I missing something here? I know its not a bad item to TP in (though if Unkai Sugemino is like 3 % or so Zanshin it might be better with hasso up)
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-05 13:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
You're gonna be ahead of me 5% more damage cuz you use 20 sets lol, pro.

more-so because i use a five-hit and not a six-hit that's nearly a five-hit

just a thought
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-05 13:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-05 13:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Isgebind really tough to kill Ironguy? The 75 hearts seem a bit much to go throug for the 90 Masa... And does the aftermath change at 90? Like is it extended? Cuz I know the mythics get like improved aftermaths and such as you upgrade, dont they?

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-06-05 13:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Is Isgebind really tough to kill Ironguy? The 75 hearts seem a bit much to go throug for the 90 Masa... And does the aftermath change at 90? Like is it extended? Cuz I know the mythics get like improved aftermaths and such as you upgrade, dont they?

Isgebind is the easiest part of the entire masamune trial, and no, the aftermath stays the same for 90 empyreans as far as I can tell, all you get from the level 90 weapon is the extra dmg and stats.
 Asura.Hotin
Server: Asura
user: HotinTJ
By Asura.Hotin 2011-06-05 13:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Atheling + goading may be better than tactical + bullwhip belt if you dont have a BRD indeed, that is what i am using cause we rarely have a BRD it is boring i guess, that is attack +35 double attack +3% against haste +2%, your choice.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-05 13:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

90 stage is pathetic for masamune, considering kur (the key item monster to spawn isgebind) is right by the spawn point, so as long as you've got time continually brought up (via a third person i suppose while you kill), there's absolutely no way you'd not be able to do it

aftermath's the same duration, though hopefully by 99 they'll at least increase relic aftermath duration

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
In Abyssea I got a 4 hit while doing 2.5-4.5k Kaitens yo.

so what you're saying is, you use not one, but two store tp atmas

in before relying on vv/moonshade 3/tick regain but implying he can get the five or so ticks required to hold the build before he reached 100% tp via a double attack and/or haste/marches applied

hey whm please don't haste me, it breaks my four-hit build

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-05 13:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi