So...Ducal Gaurd?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » so...Ducal Gaurd?
so...Ducal Gaurd?
By Inuyasha 2011-05-23 00:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So um...is Atma of The Ducal Gaurd worth using on SMN anymore for soloing stuffs.....orz...did the Ducal Gaurd atma for pets effect gimp making it useless?
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-05-23 06:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It works well still. At 50%HP it reduces to 50%-pdt. Avatars cap at 87.5% -pdt so this still works. I like it but it depends on what you are fighting.
 Sylph.Rorrick
Server: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-05-23 06:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said:
It works well still. At 50%HP it reduces to 50%-pdt. Avatars cap at 87.5% -pdt so this still works. I like it but it depends on what you are fighting.

I thought it still worked regardless of your avatar's HP?
 Siren.Riotus
Server: Siren
user: Riotus
By Siren.Riotus 2011-05-23 07:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it works better for bst than it does for smn...
 Ramuh.Leif
Server: Ramuh
user: Leif912
By Ramuh.Leif 2011-05-23 07:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rorrick said:
Bahamut.Kara said:

I thought it still worked regardless of your avatar's HP?
Yes. The avatar does not have to hit 50% HP for Ducal Guard to take effect.
 Siren.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-05-23 07:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said:

So with the Avatar's natural -pdt stacked with ducal guard, is there any reason to have any other Atma's with -pdt? Say like Atma of the Zenith? Or will the avatar cap pdt with just DG?
 Sylph.Rorrick
Server: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-05-23 07:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Inuyushi said:
Bahamut.Kara said:

So with the Avatar's natural -pdt stacked with ducal guard, is there any reason to have any other Atma's with -pdt? Say like Atma of the Zenith? Or will the avatar cap pdt with just DG?

Avatars cap -damage taken with Ducal Guard and their normal -50% DT. Take offensive/refresh atmas in your other two spots.
 Siren.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-05-23 08:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rorrick said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Bahamut.Kara said:

Avatars cap -damage taken with Ducal Guard and their normal -50% DT. Take offensive/refresh atmas in your other two spots.

Cool, thanks
By Inuyasha 2011-05-23 18:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the info :D

I was gunna solo stuff MM Fistule Atma DD....intended on soloing PAllid Percy like that :X
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-05-23 18:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ducal Gourd