SMN Solo +1 Seals In Abyssea?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » SMN solo +1 seals in Abyssea?
SMN solo +1 seals in Abyssea?
 Fenrir.Tessy
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-05-22 04:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys and girls,

I have been looking trough the topics here on summoner. I'm an old summoner in past when cap was 75, but so many new things has come along side with SMN during the years, so a few questions for you all.

I'm currently 70 SMN and I don't have any SMN gear yet. Going to start collect it very soon. But my questions goes for how well an "solo" summoner can handle the NM's inside abyssea for farming the +1 seals that I need. or do I need outside help for this? I know SMN is alot different from BST, and I seen alot of beast solo many things in Aby?

So basic question is can a 90 SMN solo all his +1 seals from the different NM's?

Thanks for your replies!
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-05-22 04:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You can solo just about anything. You won't have hardly any seals drop without grellow trigger though.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-22 04:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Please don't solo for seals, you are wasting your time. Just do a shout in Jeuno, lock the seals one person per lot and get the right jobs to get it done.
[+]
By Cathaldus 2011-05-22 05:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tessy said:
Hi guys and girls,

I have been looking trough the topics here on summoner. I'm an old summoner in past when cap was 75, but so many new things has come along side with SMN during the years, so a few questions for you all.

I'm currently 70 SMN and I don't have any SMN gear yet. Going to start collect it very soon. But my questions goes for how well an "solo" summoner can handle the NM's inside abyssea for farming the +1 seals that I need. or do I need outside help for this? I know SMN is alot different from BST, and I seen alot of beast solo many things in Aby?

So basic question is can a 90 SMN solo all his +1 seals from the different NM's?

Thanks for your replies!

SMN Solo in many ways the same as a BST. So most NM's you should be able to solo.

Cerberus.Quipto said:
You can solo just about anything. You won't have hardly any seals drop without grellow trigger though.

Not always the case. That said, if they want to just add a BLM and you've got 90% of triggers. Simple!
 Fenrir.Shishiza
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Shishiza 2011-05-22 05:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Elemental spirits on smn can get the grellow stagger too if you're interested.
 Valefor.Nis
Server: Valefor
user: Nlsmo
By Valefor.Nis 2011-05-22 05:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes SMN can solo all the +1 seals for its AF3 however some fights are harder than others and you will always have the problem of procs.
Imho soloing on SMN is about the same for any mob you would just change your avatar to mirror or counter the NM element, below is a list that i followed for the +1 on SMN i did have help from a BLM now and then just for procs but only for procs.
I have found that if you plan on killing on SMN with others its best for them to be SMN to as hate can get a bit silly and you can end up running after NM's that are trying to kill your friends.

Caller's Pigaches +1 Seals:
Aby-Vunk
NM-Gnawtooth Gary(Rabbit)
Pop with High-Quality Rabbit Hide which drops off the surounding bunnys.
I would recomend shouting for a BLM on this for the procs due to the low drop on seals from this NM but the bonus of it dropping the seals for BLM feet im sure you will get someone.

Caller's Spats + Seals:
Aby-Mis
NM-Funereal Apkallu(
Pop with Apkallu Down from surrounding pingu's.
One issue with this is that the NM pop location is surrounded by Apkallu that will link. Again might be a good idea for a BLM to be with you for procs as it will drop BLM legs too. Also moves slow so its easy to kite around spiders.

Caller's horn +1 Seals:
Aby-Att
NM-Mielikki(Tree)
Pop with Great Root from surrounding trees.
This NM likes earth spells and has a nasty grav move that can get annoying but he moves slow and stops to cast allot, switch between Titan and Garuda for DMG and recovery. No BLM seals here but if you get one to help you should do just fine ^^

Caller's Bracers +1 Seals:
NM-Teekesselchen(Magic Pot)
Aby-Grau
Pop with Bubbling Oil from Magic pots in the area.
I personally didn't like this NM but my SMN duo friend wanted to do it so we did, casts allot of spells so its hard to get the right avatar to tank all the time. This NM has some nasty spikes its a good idea to read up on this before trying it, I however just kited while spikes where up until avatar could do DMG again.

Caller's Doublet +1 Seals:
Aby-Alt
NM-Koios(Titan)
T2 VNM easy enough to solo only issue is that it can get hard to pop with the amount of people who camp wanting WAR seals but you may get to team up with a group here and speed things along.

Please don't take these as the best NM's for you to go for as people fined others better for the way they play, as for me i solo the same almost every time on SNM-
cast avatar > fight NM > BP > run out of range(Max Dis) > new avatar when old is dead > auto fight NM > BP > and so on.

Hope this helps you out.
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-22 05:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I found Dvalinn easiest for feet. He's annoying, but goes down fast and you can "tank" dvalinn if something goes wrong.
 Valefor.Nis
Server: Valefor
user: Nlsmo
By Valefor.Nis 2011-05-22 05:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Dvalinn might be better but it only has the chance to drop 1 SMN seal where as the bunny drops up to 4 and that all important BLM seals so you can get someone on procs ^^
 Fenrir.Tessy
user: Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-05-22 07:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow so many replys, huge thank you everyone gives me an short idea what SMn can be able to do. And just for Draylo, yes normally I do shouts for seals and lock them, just wanted to hear what my option was as SMN "if" solo :)

Thank you everyone!
 Leviathan.Melisenna
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Melisenna 2011-05-22 22:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably the easiest to solo is agressor antlion for the head seals. just throw garuda on him and kite around with predator claws.
Though as Draylo mentioned, without yellow you will be killing alot of time.
Your time will be better spent making shout groups and locking smn seals for yourself.
 Fenrir.Razushu
user: Razushu
By Fenrir.Razushu 2011-05-23 09:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're gonna do Teekesselchen just use Ramuh. Choatic Strike does ~5k with atma of Razed Ruins and Voracious Violet, it also stuns the NMs nukes and will help mitigate damage to avatar from shock spikes from NMs battery charge.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [115 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2011-09-15 15:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Nis said: »
Yes SMN can solo all the +1 seals for its AF3 however some fights are harder than others and you will always have the problem of procs.

So the tier IV Nukes from the avatars aren't sufficient?
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2011-09-15 15:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

avatar nukes won't proc since it's considered a tp move when the avatar does it. the spirits might, but they're so unpredictable i wouldn't call it worth it.
 Bismarck.Hisagi
Server: Bismarck
user: junpei87
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2011-09-15 15:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Razushu said: »
If you're gonna do Teekesselchen just use Ramuh. Choatic Strike does ~5k with atma of Razed Ruins and Voracious Violet, it also stuns the NMs nukes and will help mitigate damage to avatar from shock spikes from NMs battery charge.
Would not be better titan for pots? just saying
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-09-15 15:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hisagi said: »
Fenrir.Razushu said: »
Would not be better titan for pots? just saying

Chaotic strike is blunt damage too, so gets the same damage modifier as mountain buster vs pots, but its a 3 hit move like pred claws, and can spike way higher than mountain busters single hit.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-09-15 15:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Please, just whatever you do, if you go out and solo seals... Please, please, PLEASE make sure you aren't taking 30 minutes to kill one NM while a group of other people (sometimes more) are standing there watching you summon, run, re-summon and run away. It's rude and obnoxious and there's only one ???.