Forum » FFXI » General » Windower Hook May Update
Windower Hook May Update
 Bahamut.Gimpness
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-05-21 12:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason the hook.dll on this page: http://forums.windower.net/files/file/24-hookdll//
isn't working at all :X not completely sure why, it gives me an error saying

C:\Users\Myprofile\Desktop\Windower\Hook.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem, I'm just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, There's a fix to it, or a whole different hook.dll that i'm completely missing, in which case i'm still HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE <_<

Thanks in advance~
 Ragnarok.Hyshio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hyshio
By Ragnarok.Hyshio 2011-05-21 13:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats your OS? Plz dont say 7 x64. Or anything 64 for that matter that doesnt fall on the lines of at least XP. Seems x64 on vista and 7 can cause weird problems that everyone has a different effect to. We still havent pinpointed them all yet.
 Bahamut.Gimpness
Server: Bahamut
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-05-21 13:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hyshio said:
Whats your OS? Plz dont say 7 x64.
sadly, it's 7 x64.
But i just reinstalled windower... the hook came with it, so i moved that to the original windower file folder i have atm, seems to have worked.
 Ragnarok.Hyshio
By Ragnarok.Hyshio 2011-05-21 13:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

k atm there is no fix for the new hook after this update just yet. We have fixed a few plugins since this update but the hook has remained unchanged. We waited until SE was done doing the fixes and small updates after the major one like we usually do when something important breaks. We are actually waiting to release the new hook because we are adding important features to work along 3.5 which will be vital for people to run in the future. I encourage everyone to update the hook when we release a fix.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-05-21 13:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

umm what is the hook?
 Ragnarok.Hyshio
By Ragnarok.Hyshio 2011-05-21 13:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said:
umm what is the hook?

The hook is the heart of the Windower program. It gives it all its features and allows plugins to exist. If SE broke this completely, Windower would be temporarily unusable until we fixed it.

That is the simple way of saying it.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-05-21 13:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm would this effect spellcast not displaying names for newer spells/jas recast. or that just something else need updateing?
 Ragnarok.Hyshio
By Ragnarok.Hyshio 2011-05-21 13:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It could but your problem is your not using the latest resources.xml.

XML
 Ragnarok.Doorsmasher
user: Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Doorsmasher 2011-05-21 13:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Heim, If it is the main source or apart of , then normally anyone could assume the hook is integral part of. None of the Add ons would work at all, I don't think...Right Hyshio?

Glad Windower always updates itself , least on my end here.
 Ragnarok.Hyshio
By Ragnarok.Hyshio 2011-05-21 13:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, none of them would work if the hook was completely broke. Right now it isnt broken enough to effect that. However they did change how ya do certain windower macros and such. We are fixing this.
 Unicorn.Ultrajake
Server: Unicorn
user: Ultrajake
By Unicorn.Ultrajake 2011-05-21 13:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

My windower has funny symbols where my characters names use to be, wont let me delete them to add them again just instantly says POL has stopped working. when i try to log on to any character as soon as i click a name it says POL has stopped working in a mini window. worked perfectly yesterday and has been for a while. Ive had the giberish symbols before on windower. have just had to delete the names and add them again. before I have even had to uninstall windower and download a new version, but those same things arent working. did a system restore also after nothing else worked. still nothing. POL simply just hates me today.

edit: says this
PlayOnline Viewer has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available.

This is the microsoft windows message i get after i let it check for problems. Worked perfectly for the longest time. today i have gibberish and wont let me update it. even when i delete it and try a new one.

Anyone have this happen to them before?
 Ragnarok.Hyshio
By Ragnarok.Hyshio 2011-05-21 13:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ultrajake said:
My windower has funny symbols where my characters names use to be, wont let me delete them to add them again just instantly says POL has stopped working. when i try to log on to any character as soon as i click a name it says POL has stopped working in a mini window. worked perfectly yesterday and has been for a while. Ive had the giberish symbols before on windower. have just had to delete the names and add them again. before I have even had to uninstall windower and download a new version, but those same things arent working. did a system restore also after nothing else worked. still nothing. POL simply just hates me today.

edit: says this
PlayOnline Viewer has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available.

This is the microsoft windows message i get after i let it check for problems. Worked perfectly for the longest time. today i have gibberish and wont let me update it. even when i delete it and try a new one.

Anyone have this happen to them before?

Have you updated everything to the most recent updates? And whats your OS?
 Unicorn.Ultrajake
By Unicorn.Ultrajake 2011-05-21 13:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Im on vista, and for the most part yes. Im downloading a new version of POL right now from playonlines website to see if thats the problem. Ive had the gibberish happen before. have just had to delete and re-enter char info. this time though it wont budge
 Ragnarok.Hyshio
By Ragnarok.Hyshio 2011-05-21 13:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember the symbols as an old problem but Ive never heard of it crashing POL completely. Make a post on the windower website. Our new dev team can answer questions much better than the old crew could.
 Unicorn.Ultrajake
By Unicorn.Ultrajake 2011-05-21 13:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yah i made 3 posts in 3 different forum question simply saying the same thing. So far no response, but hopefully this update from POL will fix it. Like i said it was running perfectly fine for a long while now. Just today when i loaded multiple windowers 3 started and the 4th had gib. the other 3 worked and logged on, but i noticed the 4th with gibberish. when i went to start it, it was an error. the other 3 char were online, but nomatter what i did when i loaded another windower it would simply crash. The char that were loaded did not crash or DC though.
 Valefor.Artemys
Server: Valefor
user: Artemys
By Valefor.Artemys 2011-05-21 13:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lately POL has been crashing if I take screenshots while focused on FFXI, everything is updated. Win 7 64bit also first time I've ever had an issue.
 Ragnarok.Hyshio
By Ragnarok.Hyshio 2011-05-21 14:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ultrajake said:
Yah i made 3 posts in 3 different forum question simply saying the same thing. So far no response, but hopefully this update from POL will fix it. Like i said it was running perfectly fine for a long while now. Just today when i loaded multiple windowers 3 started and the 4th had gib. the other 3 worked and logged on, but i noticed the 4th with gibberish. when i went to start it, it was an error. the other 3 char were online, but nomatter what i did when i loaded another windower it would simply crash. The char that were loaded did not crash or DC though.

Ill get someone to look at it as well.

Valefor.Artemys said:
Lately POL has been crashing if I take screenshots while focused on FFXI, everything is updated. Win 7 64bit also first time I've ever had an issue.

Another 64 user. Ill have to ask Framerate about it. It seems kinda odd its doing it but be sure 100% that the SSOrganizer plugin is updated. Plugin
By Artemicion 2011-05-21 14:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never had issues of any kind with my windower, and I have vista 64 bit. However, I used the "default" POL version that came with my FFXI Ultimate Edition release from Steam. Not sure if that has to do with anything regarding my stability.
 Asura.Artemyse
Server: Asura
user: Artemys
By Asura.Artemyse 2011-05-21 14:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hyshio said:

Valefor.Artemys said:

Another 64 user. Ill have to ask Framerate about it. It seems kinda odd its doing it but be sure 100% that the SSOrganizer plugin is updated. Plugin
That link takes me to a weirdly formatted webpage, this is the one I currently have: http://forums.windower.net/topic/18538-windower-plugins-ssorganizer/
 Ragnarok.Hyshio
By Ragnarok.Hyshio 2011-05-21 14:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
I've never had issues of any kind with my windower, and I have vista 64 bit. However, I used the "default" POL version that came with my FFXI Ultimate Edition release from Steam. Not sure if that has to do with anything regarding my stability.

That's another thing we need help researching on is the effects of windower and Steam. If ya have any useful info to it, post it here.
 Ragnarok.Hyshio
By Ragnarok.Hyshio 2011-05-21 14:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemyse said:
Ragnarok.Hyshio said:

Valefor.Artemys said:

That link takes me to a weirdly formatted webpage, this is the one I currently have: http://forums.windower.net/topic/18538-windower-plugins-ssorganizer/

Bah I sometimes want to abolish that wiki we have. Best thing I can say is post the problem on the forums. Ill be sure to have the others look at the problem as well.
By Artemicion 2011-05-21 14:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hyshio said:
Artemicion said:

That's another thing we need help researching on is the effects of windower and Steam. If ya have any useful info to it, post it here.

I've heard people had lots of problems with using windower and Steam versions of FFXI in the past, but for some reason, everything simply fit into place. It might be because their windower at the time was defaulting to a false directory where their previous installation would have existed. Not sure exactly what it is that tells windower where to look for finding the FFXI directory.

Not to mention false registry entries existing for a FFXI that no longer exists.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-05-21 14:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I still get "Unknown Ability" sometimes in my recasts.

Also, how do I make it so I can see Buff IDs again?
 Unicorn.Ultrajake
By Unicorn.Ultrajake 2011-05-21 14:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

still no response from anyone on the forums, but POL is almost downloaded... Takes a while cause im in Afghanistan, but hopefully once its finised downloading and i get all the updates... so in a year... itll work. Ill let you know.
By Artemicion 2011-05-21 14:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of registry, I was curious if anyone knows how to essentially make an install of FFXI run specifically from an external hard drive?
I tried doing this so I can play FFXI on my friend's PC when I visit, and don't have to bog his HD down with a game he doesn't play, but unfortunately I get an error saying there's no existing registry to operate the game. Anyone know a loophole or way around it?
 Ragnarok.Hyshio
By Ragnarok.Hyshio 2011-05-21 14:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

XML[/quote]
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
I still get "Unknown Ability" sometimes in my recasts.

Also, how do I make it so I can see Buff IDs again?

Ragnarok.Hyshio said:
It could but your problem is your not using the latest resources.xml.

XML
 Midgardsormr.Raistlin
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Wildman33
By Midgardsormr.Raistlin 2011-05-21 15:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably not the right section to posting this in, but would also like the add that the new version of Blinkmenot still does not work. I'm using the new one that was posted May 10th, I along with 4-5 people in my LS are having the same issue. Loading it gets no errors but people still blinking when changing gears. I've tried this on both PC's, Vista 32 bit and XP 32 bit.
 Fenrir.Aleste
Server: Fenrir
user: Aleste
By Fenrir.Aleste 2011-05-21 15:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

did you remember to change the default settings for blinkmenot?

press your insert key to bring up your console and type in:

.bmn

it'll tell you which ones are currently on and off.
 Midgardsormr.Raistlin
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Wildman33
By Midgardsormr.Raistlin 2011-05-21 18:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Aleste said:
did you remember to change the default settings for blinkmenot?

press your insert key to bring up your console and type in:

.bmn

it'll tell you which ones are currently on and off.

I did do this thank you! They were all off, but when I log out it don't save the setting, so I got to turn them on every time I log in now? I never did this before.