Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » BRD Skillup script
BRD Skillup script
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-05-16 08:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to agree that standard scripts are just as effective, but no matter how many times I tried when I first made a repeating script, I couldn't get it to stop. Since then I've stayed away from repeating scripts unless I plan on //quit'ing my game

I've found Spellcast to be a much more effective way of skilling up, but to each their own~
 Ifrit.Punishment
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Punishment 2011-05-16 09:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I've just never bothered to educate myself on Spellcast. I just came back to the game after like 3 years. At that point in 2007/08, Spellcast was still a bit beta/unreliable/risky, so I do it the old school way. Would love to learn spellcast though. It seems very powerful.

Standard scripts seem alot simpler to setup for the average player. And when i do skillups I tend to repeat it about 15 times which = Maybe 30 mins of scripting. Enough time to clean the house and take a shower while waiting for my LS to get something started. >.>
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-05-16 10:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Spellcast is (in my opinion) possibly the most powerful tool to be introduced to FFXI. Though I'll admit, its potential really isn't clear in files like these Skillup ones XD

From simpler things, such as Day/Weather checks

To "Level Sync friendly" scripts,

and "MP friendly" ones

It can even make timers for static duration spells, most commonly things like Sleep.

That's barely scratching the surface too XD You can use it to check whatever you're fighting/casting on and equip varying amounts of Skill/Acc/MAcc gear (including varying sets depending on whether or not you have Focus/Aggressor/ES/etc up).

Even if you don't use Spellcast for its scripting potential, the ability to "//cure6 hit" instead of '/ma "Cure VI" Hitetsu' is awesome.
 Carbuncle.Astrida
Server: Carbuncle
user: AstridaG
By Carbuncle.Astrida 2011-05-16 10:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have an abyssea shell, go brd for NMs and spam threnody.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-16 10:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You are all cheaters, I must report you.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-17 12:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So Hitetsu... I kinda morphed your spellcast a bit around and made one for auto curing (Skill ups) and auto enhancing

This is essentially your script with a few additions or changes, I hope you don't mind.

This is all new to me, but they both work pretty well atm.

Healing Magic skillup
Enhancing Magic Skillup

Now a general Spellcast question for the room...

I've made it so that when I rest I go straight into hMP gear and when I stand I go straight into Idle.

Would there be a way to make a rule so that I'd only go into hMP gear when my MP was at a certain percentage when I rested?

Would it be something like:
Code
<if NOTMPGT="x">
?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-17 12:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I guess I should show my set so you can show me where to put it in:

Standard
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-05-17 12:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If you wanted a %, then it'd be <if NOTMPPGT="x">, personally I've always used straight up MP.

(I also recommend using Cure/-na's over Cure2 for the lower MP cost =) )
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-05-17 12:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
http://pastebin.com/grVdQCqh

If you save it as skillup_brd.xml, save it in your Spellcast folder and load it >> //sc load skillup_brd, it should be fine.

It will cycle Battlefield Elegy > Carnage Elegy > Foe Lullaby > Horde Lullaby > Threnodies > Battlefield Elegy.
Changed Lightning to Ltng. also I dropped the 6 to 4 and it worked just fine on gold fish last night thanks :D
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-17 12:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
If you wanted a %, then it'd be <if NOTMPPGT="x">, personally I've always used straight up MP.

Ah cool, that makes sense, and yeah good idea lol. I was just concerned because of the 5 second cure recast
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-05-17 12:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zagen said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:

If you save it as skillup_brd.xml, save it in your Spellcast folder and load it >> //sc load skillup_brd, it should be fine.

It will cycle Battlefield Elegy > Carnage Elegy > Foe Lullaby > Horde Lullaby > Threnodies > Battlefield Elegy.
Changed Lightning to Ltng. also I dropped the 6 to 4 and it worked just fine on gold fish last night thanks :D

Awesome^^ Good to know =)

I've changed the one on Pastebin also now to reflect that same change =)

Hope you don't mind =P
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-05-17 12:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:

Ah cool, that makes sense, and yeah good idea lol. I was just concerned because of the 5 second cure recast

If the time between casts doesn't quite work, adjust the "wait x;" number a bit so you get the best balance between "making sure it casts" and "not waiting too long". I typically use the spell cast time + 1~2sec
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-17 12:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah this is working better now thanks :D

with the conserve MP stuff I have on my MP isn't dipping low at all.
 Phoenix.Leglevant
Server: Phoenix
user: Legs21
By Phoenix.Leglevant 2011-05-27 22:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Punishment said:

Hope that helps. You can pick any song you want, Some people pick a Hpemde (goldfish) in Sea and cast Elegy/Threnody's on it forever because it never aggros unless you do dmg to it. Just don't accidentally cast Requiem or you might wake up in Jeuno and be like wtf. Now one thing i forget how to do it make the script stop so if someone could educate us both on that? i wanna say it's /console endscript or something like that.

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
I would love to agree that standard scripts are just as effective, but no matter how many times I tried when I first made a repeating script, I couldn't get it to stop. Since then I've stayed away from repeating scripts unless I plan on //quit'ing my game

If you're using a repeating standard script, add macro; to the end of the standard script and it will stop the repeating macro.

For example:
input /song "Fire Carol" <me>
wait 10
input /song "Ice Carol" <me>
wait 10
input /song "Wind Carol" <me>
macro;
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-05-28 03:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Leglevant said:
If you're using a repeating standard script, add macro; to the end of the standard script and it will stop the repeating macro.

For example:
input /song "Fire Carol" <me>
wait 10
input /song "Ice Carol" <me>
wait 10
input /song "Wind Carol" <me>
macro;

Wouldn't that stop it every time it got to "Wind Carol" though? Instead of repeating over and over until I wanted it to stop?
 Phoenix.Leglevant
By Phoenix.Leglevant 2011-06-01 12:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Wouldn't that stop it every time it got to "Wind Carol" though? Instead of repeating over and over until I wanted it to stop?

Unless I misunderstood the "repeating" standard scripts for windower (without using spellcast...then no). Using the basic //console exec brdskillup.txt as atl+1 to start the macro.

the brdskillup.txt file would look something like this:

It ends the macro on it's own after running through the 50/100/200 spell commands. I've been running something similar on my RDM to cap enhancing when I'm doing other things at my desk, I couldn't ever get the spellcast macros to work properly for some reason or another, they always failed after 1 round of casting. This lets you put as many spells, as many times as you want then end the macro without using a forced shutdown.

I'll post my RDM enhancing.txt when I get home tonight, if for some reason I didn't convey my thoughts properly in the above text.

Edit: Format, spelling and such...
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-06-02 13:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh, I see what you mean now.

Whenever I made repeating scripts at the beginning, I'd cheat and make it call itself again XD

So you'd get like

file.txt:
spell #1
wait
spell #2
wait
spell #3
wait
exec file.txt

That way it'd just keep going through the entire thing over and over, wasn't easy to stop though >_>; Even aliases didn't work for me for some reason (though I was still new to windower/scripts/aliases when I tried, so I prolly just did them wrong)
 Phoenix.Leglevant
By Phoenix.Leglevant 2011-06-02 14:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I can imagine that wouldn't be easy to stop. I didn't know you cold call the txt file to re-execute again like that (still new to the whole programming thing for the game), maybe I'll play around with it this weekend, there has to be a way to stop it using the basic macros.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [46 days between previous and next post]
By Hajieelkhe 2011-07-18 06:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zagen said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:

I had to try this out in sea. It works fine. Just a few pointers... get rid of the "horde lullaby" and pray that a ufo doesn't sit on you ;)
 Fenrir.Tessy
Server: Fenrir
user: Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-07-20 05:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hajieelkhe said:
Bismarck.Zagen said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
http://pastebin.com/grVdQCqh If you save it as skillup_brd.xml, save it in your Spellcast folder and load it >> //sc load skillup_brd, it should be fine. It will cycle Battlefield Elegy > Carnage Elegy > Foe Lullaby > Horde Lullaby > Threnodies > Battlefield Elegy.
I had to try this out in sea. It works fine. Just a few pointers... get rid of the "horde lullaby" and pray that a ufo doesn't sit on you ;)

Wow this topic have got alot of questions, nice to see. I have to try this version out even tough the one I got is working, capped bard skill in 2 1/2 days singing on goldies.

And Hajiee,

No reason to remove Horde, I just go to mea exit sea there, and walk down to the read boarder where you have 4 random "Big" goldies, pull one to a corner near the red line, and UFO can/will not aggro you there, because thier spawn pos is alot furter out.

I agree if doing goldies all over sea, yeah then take it out incae overseen an UFO :P
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-20 06:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't even go to sea, I just played in the airship docks when I was doing other things, slower I guess though lol.