First Page 2
 Unicorn.Tessy
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Tessy
By Unicorn.Tessy 2011-05-11 14:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys and girls,

I was womdering if anyone have a BRD skillup script thats is working for version 2.40 of windower.

I'm looking for a scrip I can run while waiting on party invites, to try and cap my singging, wind, string as much possible.

I had an old one I never got to work, even though it came directly from windowers own site.

So if you ahve one, could you please PM me or post here, and please explaine to me how to make the files and to post what where, I'm not so good at this, so somtimes I just need little more direction help.

Anyway huge thanks for reading.
 Unicorn.Tessy
By Unicorn.Tessy 2011-05-12 02:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-05-12 05:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This should do it, I recommend saving it as a different file so you can just //reload spellcast and have your proper Spellcast back~
 Unicorn.Tessy
By Unicorn.Tessy 2011-05-13 06:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
This should do it, I recommend saving it as a different file so you can just //reload spellcast and have your proper Spellcast back~

Hi Hit, well I'm doing the Im's in sea, and I like to get an script that can do following song orders

Elegy > Foe Lullaby > Horde Lullaby > light > Dark > Earth > Wind > Fire > Water > Ice > Lightning Threnody's

Sense Om's dosen't aggro when not DMG them, this is an awsome line for me to skillup on the selected songs. So not sure you have some free time to help me make a script like that, but if so, how to I save it in a plain notpad? (call it skillup_brd)? and how to I load it ingame

If I should name the file what I did write above, do I then use this command to load it >> //load skillup_brd ?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-05-13 07:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

http://pastebin.com/grVdQCqh

If you save it as skillup_brd.xml, save it in your Spellcast folder and load it >> //sc load skillup_brd, it should be fine.

It will cycle Battlefield Elegy > Carnage Elegy > Foe Lullaby > Horde Lullaby > Threnodies > Battlefield Elegy.
 Unicorn.Tessy
By Unicorn.Tessy 2011-05-13 07:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice thank you Hit, but when I try to load it with the command //sc load skillup_brd nothing happends? and I have it in my spellcast folder.

I mabey wanna say I have the SC //unloaded so it dosen't change instrument, so Ic an skill 1 skill at the time, not sure if this is the problem causing the skillup_brd SC to load?
 Unicorn.Tessy
By Unicorn.Tessy 2011-05-13 07:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay now I loaded my BRD SC I use for events and xp pt, and then tryed to load this new skillup_brd one, and I got an false msg saying, Spellcast ERROR! skillup_brd.xml File not found!
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-05-13 07:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:

Thanks for posting this. My RDM appreciates it. :)
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-13 08:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for this lol.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-13 08:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh one issue, you misspelled 'Vivacious Etude' in the script.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-05-15 10:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Oops, so I did XD Oh well, it's an easy fix =P I'm sure people can handle taking out 1 letter XD

Unicorn.Tessy said:
Okay now I loaded my BRD SC I use for events and xp pt, and then tryed to load this new skillup_brd one, and I got an false msg saying, Spellcast ERROR! skillup_brd.xml File not found!
I'm not sure what your issue could be, assuming you put the XML file in your Spellcast folder, you should be able to load it fine like that~

EDIT: An "offensive" Skillup XML is available here too =) (Perfect for Goldfish/Zvahl Fortalices)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-15 10:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Oops, so I did XD Oh well, it's an easy fix =P I'm sure people can handle taking out 1 letter XD

Unicorn.Tessy said:
I'm not sure what your issue could be, assuming you put the XML file in your Spellcast folder, you should be able to load it fine like that~

EDIT: An "offensive" Skillup XML is available here too =) (Perfect for Goldfish/Zvahl Fortalices)

Yar ^^ just thought I'd let you know XD
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-15 11:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone ever get one for the afk skill up pup magic in beaudeux? (keeping the dark manauevers up that is for infinite refresh?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-05-15 11:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Try this one. I'm not online atm, so I can't test; though it should work without a hitch! Will keep spamming Dark Maneuver's every 12sec (2 higher than the recast).

I'm not too familiar with PUP, so I don't know if it'll cause your puppet to explode or whatever >_>;
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-15 11:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Try this one. I'm not online atm, so I can't test; though it should work without a hitch! Will keep spamming Dark Maneuver's every 12sec (2 higher than the recast).

I'm not too familiar with PUP, so I don't know if it'll cause your puppet to explode or whatever >_>;
it shouldn't** if u have the reduce overload rate gear on and your pup has been out for a long time~

It is more susceptible to overloading when you first summon it =) ty! Ill try that tonight and let you know how that works :D
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-15 11:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Any idea if it would be possible to make a script for skilling up healing or enhancing magic? I'd assume you'd need adequate waits between to insure you wouldn't run out of MP?
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-15 11:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Any idea if it would be possible to make a script for skilling up healing or enhancing magic? I'd assume you'd need adequate waits between to insure you wouldn't run out of MP?
if u sub smn and wear a refresh body could u not spam cure 1 without mp issues?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-15 11:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I'm not sure D:
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-15 11:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I'm not sure D:

Should atleast be able to for a very long time!
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-05-15 12:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Refresh friendly (or at least, it should be) - One of my first babyprojects when I was learning spellcast, not really looked at it since I made it though~

This one should be a (sub) BRD friendly one, may need to change some of the wait times and such to accomodate.

Also, change the Bar- spells into Healing Magic spells for a quick Healing skill up =)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-15 12:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks dude :D
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-05-15 12:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly if your on brd main then no but on or rdm main you can. If rdm then you can include refresh in your script and be just fine. Additionally you could include a rest in it.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-15 12:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Clearly if your on brd main then no but on or rdm main you can. If rdm then you can include refresh in your script and be just fine. Additionally you could include a rest in it.

I'd be WHM/BRD probably, I don't have RDM up yet.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-15 12:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Revanzfett said:
Could always just do it in the empyreal paradox, atmas + no time limit

Still need 2 zone bosses and most of the Caturae D:
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-05-16 07:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

In case anyone is interested in a skillup xml for Enhancing Magic on RDM, I'll post one. All the credit goes to Hitetsu for writing it as all I did was extend it, modify the spells, and modify the waits. I did not optimize this xml at all, so expect the waits to feel a tad uneven.

Pastebin - RDMskillup

As for gear, I just used my normal idle gear with a few changes to add more Fast Cast, Conserve MP, and RDM AF3+2 legs.

I skilled up just outside Port Jeuno in Sauromugue Champaign. My MP never dropped below ~92%.

Since I'm paranoid, I only run the xml when I'm at my desk working on other things (when I wouldn't be playing anyways). Some random asshat did send me a 'GM {You can have this.}' /tell, but I kept my character there for another 2 hours without a GM ever contacting me.
 Unicorn.Tessy
By Unicorn.Tessy 2011-05-16 07:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tessy said:
I'm not sure what your issue could be, assuming you put the XML file in your Spellcast folder, you should be able to load it fine like that~ EDIT: An "offensive" Skillup XML is available here too =) (Perfect for Goldfish/Zvahl Fortalices)[/quote]

Hi Hit yeah, here is my path to the skillup xml

local Disk (C:) > Programs x(86)- Windows 7) > Windower > Plugins > Spellcast > skillup_brd.xml

When I copied your text I made an new notpad all blank, and saved it as skillup_brd.xml as u told me to. my spellcast is not loaded. and when trying to load the skillup one using the commands I was told //sc load skillup_brd I never see anything in the windower text that says this is now loaded, as I do when example loading DRG, BLM, PLD main i see the text saying wich default grp I'm in.

What I was thinking of, in order to get such tings to work with spellcast, don't i need some kind of command line in my script > init folder, so that spellcast knows wich path to look for when trying to load this?

I'm must say I haven't got a clue why my skillup wont work, when all my other spellcasters works 100%, and my windower files are updated as of April month 2011. So I'm guess I'm doomed to make it all manual way :( But again wanted to say huge thank you, you been very kind as allways Hit. /bow
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-05-16 07:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tessy said:
my spellcast is not loaded.

That could be your problem =) You'll need Spellcast loaded before it will allow any Spellcast files to run.

If you're worried about it changing gear automatically (so you won't be able to skill the instruments you want to), then there's no need =) It won't change any gear at all and will just sing over and over~
 Ifrit.Punishment
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Punishment 2011-05-16 08:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need spellcast to do this. The macro loader in windower will do it just fine. I use something like this

input /song "Fire Carol" <me>
wait 10
input /song "Ice Carol" <me>
wait 10
input /song "Wind Carol" <me>
wait 10 etcetcetc

I have some spellcast reduction gear and rdm sub so that speeds it up a bit, you might need to extend the wait time otherwise.
then you make a macro that looks like this.
/console exec "brdskill.txt"

... where brdskill.txt is loaded into your scripts folder for windower.

Hope that helps. You can pick any song you want, Some people pick a Hpemde (goldfish) in Sea and cast Elegy/Threnody's on it forever because it never aggros unless you do dmg to it. Just don't accidentally cast Requiem or you might wake up in Jeuno and be like wtf. Now one thing i forget how to do it make the script stop so if someone could educate us both on that? i wanna say it's /console endscript or something like that.
First Page 2