Forum » FFXI » NMs » Usurper
Usurper
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-05-07 06:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if Impalement's damage can be reduced with -PDT/-DT?

Here's Wiki Page

Thanks for the help.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Tawhoya
Server: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-05-07 08:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO the best way to tank this is on DNC. Eva set and keep fan dance up. Impalement only hit me for about 400 with fan dance up.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-05-07 11:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Shiomi said:

Here's Wiki Page

Thanks for the help.

Yes, -PDT and -DT reduces damage.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2011-05-07 11:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Shiomi said:

Here's Wiki Page

Thanks for the help.

Yessir it does, and works quite well. Many good easy experiences tanking this thing on DNC.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-05-07 12:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i was able to solo this mob as a drk/whm. Yes i said drk/whm.
Once you have his timing down, its no problem, untill that impalment one shots ya. Having a second to fight or kit it while you weakend is a good idea.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-05-07 12:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah thanks for all the info. I've been trying to be fancy and get Red/Blue and usually with only me and friend dual boxing I get one shot'd and with him with Counter Stance, he either gets close to it and then some other TP move finishes him off. x_x

Again, thanks for the help.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-05-07 12:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Shiomi said:
Ah thanks for all the info. I've been trying to be fancy and get Red/Blue and usually with only me and friend dual boxing I get one shot'd and with him with Counter Stance, he either gets close to it and then some other TP move finishes him off. x_x Again, thanks for the help.
Could always just bring someone nin with magiwari to guarentee success? Everyone knows 1 nin these days and the atma alone is enough to "yes prease"

Hadn't thought of that. I think I might have one or two friends with NIN that can do it.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-07 12:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a easy NM
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-07 12:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM + MNK np
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-05-07 13:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the input Draylo.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-05-07 13:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Just be careful of blood weapon at low hp. He gains 100% TA and can hit 1k+ per hit.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-07 13:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope that wasn't sarcasm because its true. I did this like a month ago for my pants and it was cake. Even if you die you can easily kite him with whm while you recover. Proc blue and HF if you feel safer killing it faster. I went mnk/thf + whm tho.

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Cheyne
Server: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2011-05-07 13:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I duod this NM with evasion tanking on thf, and a whm. Fought it near a rock near turtles so when Impalement hit me for 3k+ whm could kite for a sec until I got hate back. Went 1/4 for pants all with blue. NM is really easy besides impalement.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-05-07 14:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the few times I fought him I was on different jobs. I went WHM for a group of like 7 people, very easy got red and blue and they pretty much zerg'd it.

Second time there was 4 (BRD[me], WHM, NIN, MNK) and I wasn't even paying attention.

Then when I started to do it myself I was THF and friend was dualboxing WHM MNK. What really got us was me getting on shot'd and him getting taken down with Blood Weapon and pretty sure he was finished off with Impalement. The place we popped him wasn't very good for kitting. We found him in the center of the mountain area between flux 1-2.

So I think I'm just going to end up bringing it to something that the MNK/WHM can Kite it around for when I eventually get KO'd. The funny thing is the first 2-3 he used I evaded. So when it hit me my friend just wasn't prepared at all. I honestly just wanted to ensure that I wouldn't be KO'd simply because I don't want to die. :\

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Hope that wasn't sarcasm because its true. I did this like a month ago for my pants and it was cake. Even if you die you can easily kite him with whm while you recover. Proc blue and HF if you feel safer killing it faster. I went mnk/thf + whm tho.

Slightly, yes. I felt as if your response was hardly beneficial to me at all. However, the idea of /thf for my friend is a good idea. Thanks for that.
 Asura.Tawhoya
Server: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-05-07 14:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If your friend has dnc then I strongly suggest he does that. No need to kite or anything. Dnc is better than mnk on this fight with the exception of triggers. I'm sure you can get a mnk or dnc Via shout if you need to. That is how I get mine anyway. Gl to ya either way.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-05-07 14:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah he is the procer. I can find another person to help most def. it was something we did at 5 AM after he got off work so it wasn't the best timed event. Maybe being so tired made me think I needed any special atma or gear set. x_x
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-05-07 14:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bst pwns this NM. i went at it with my -100% pdt set, Blood Weapon, Impalement all too weak. Think i had to Reward for poison it gave my pet.