Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Divine Might
Divine Might
 Bahamut.Kctempest
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: kctempest
By Bahamut.Kctempest 2009-03-26 04:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for a party to run Divine Might with on Bahamut Server.
I have a 75sam/nin /war /dnc

Please send me /tell if you want to form a party or if I can tag along for one.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-26 06:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Go with this setup, this is how I got my Suppa...

6 SAMs
2 PLDs
2 WHMs
2 RDMs
6 Extra Slots for anything else

2 SAMs can duo an Arc Angel. My 6 SAMs took down the Galka, Hume, and Mithra. Just make sure they all know to Light SC themselves in order.

PLDs take the Elvaan (1 will always fall) while the WHMs and the RDMs cure bomb them. DDs take down the pets while the PLDs kite/tank/whatever.

When the pets die, and the 3 AAs die (should be in less than 2 minutes) raise your dead, start killing the Elvaan. If you are weakened, get the hell out of the way, make sure you bring food/reraise.

After Elvaan dies, just zerg the Taru, it goes down quicker than ***.

My party almost broke record though, we were like 30 seconds away from record, and the record was held by an earlier Manaburn style run.....go figure.
 Bahamut.Kctempest
By Bahamut.Kctempest 2009-03-26 06:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

XD thank you. This info helps alot.
My LS mate keeps saying we need to go for manaburn style and just get a lucky tag along -.-
Problem is finding people who needs DM or people willing to help. ^^;;
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-26 06:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM x18 > *!

But seriously now >.> Having a PT of BLM that can take down TT will make it a lot easier, especially when they can do some heavy damage to EV aswell after the others are dead ^^
 Bahamut.Etrayis
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-03-26 06:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently we have 3 PLDs and 1 SAM available, so Korpg's style looks a lot more capable.
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-26 07:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:
BLM x18 > *!

But seriously now >.> Having a PT of BLM that can take down TT will make it a lot easier, especially when they can do some heavy damage to EV aswell after the others are dead ^^
I don't understand why everyone wants to kill the Taru first ^^;

If you leave him alone and fight the others elsewhere, ne never leaves the circular arena. Free kiting for the whole fight.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-26 07:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always done this with pick-ups, so I get a few good, reliable kiters to just run everything up and down the hall while the grunts kill what they can and pick things off. As long as everyone stays on the stairs, there's plenty of time for a full wipe (which will usually happen with a pick-up).
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2009-03-26 08:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

75 SAM,WAR,DRK if you want me for DM
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-26 08:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiya said:
Hitetsu said:
BLM x18 > *!

If you leave him alone and fight the others elsewhere, ne never leaves the circular arena. Free kiting for the whole fight.

When I did it, we tried not killing TT and somehow wiped twice. Can't remember the exact strategy, but I know we were fighting in the arena each run ><
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-26 08:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:
Saiya said:
Hitetsu said:
BLM x18 > *!

When I did it, we tried not killing TT and somehow wiped twice. Can't remember the exact strategy, but I know we were fighting in the arena each run ><
Oh, hehe^^; Unless you're taking the fight completely out of the arena, nailing the taru is a must, that's for sure! But the corridor is so long that I've always found there to be plenty of space. if you're reeeeeally enterprising I believe there's another corridor on the other side of the arena XD.
 Bismarck.Nadesco
Server: Bismarck
user: nadesco
By Bismarck.Nadesco 2009-03-26 09:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

the best way i have found to beat DM is the Super Tank. i have done DM about 10 times and lost once using super tank plan.

here is how it works

party setup

ST party
pld/blu set spells giving vit and HP. keep cocoon up at all times. Note i would not do this fight unless you can get 900+ def and 110 vit, more is better i normally had 999 def, 125ish vit and about 1500HP (i am a taru so if i can do it anyone can lol)
whm
rdm
brd
some kind of healer / buffer blu, rdm, whm or sch will work fine
puller ( normally a thf )

tank party
pld/war
pld/war
rdm
whm
dd
dd

DD party
rdm or whm
dd
dd
dd
blm
blm any heavy dd will work you will need alot of damage fast

plan

super tank works like this. in the ST party the ST is everything he dies you wipe. keep cures, stoneskin and other buffs up as much as you can. as for the brd in the ST party they have to keep def. songs on the ST at all times. the ST it's self needs to gear for shield skill VIT and hp, enmity will play no part in the fight and things like fastcast and haste help but not very much.
after enter the tank party and DD party stay in the hallway near the porter and the ST party move to the stairs. the mages stand at the top of the stairs near the door. puller moves 1/2 down the stairs and locks on to the elven. have brd 2hour and buff everyone then the pld will inch down until he's argoed, once they start moving the ST moves to the middle of the stairs and faces the mobs. when the elven hit the stairs the puller pulls it and takes it to the tank and dd party for killing. after the Elven is dead pull the galka next. it's VERY important that you get the elven dead and the galka off the ST as fast as you can. after the galka is dead you have (for the most part) won. pull the hume next then the Mithra keeping the pets for last. Note that the TT will not leave the BC floor so you don't have to worry about him until last. rest up and go in and rape the TT. congrats you won.

what makes this work is that the ST never does anything to the mobs. don't attack flash or do anything on the mobs. this keeps argo hate on the ST. as long as no one does anything to a mob they will happily beat on the ST no matter what you do the to ST. Note at the start and until the galka is off the ST the mages will have to almost cure bomb the ST. for some reason SMN pets (or any other pets for that matter) messes up the argo hate. Because of this you should NEVER put a pet job in the ST party. there fine in any other party just as long as the Tank has hate on the mob before any pet is pulled out or released.

edit: if anyone needs help in my server with DM i will be happy to ST it (as long as i don't have a LS event)
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-03-26 10:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Be very, very careful if people are on pet jobs during a supertanked fight.

In addition to the release of SMN avatars, the death of a DRG's wyvern or the the death/release of a BST's jugpet will also pull hate right off the ST and wipe the alliance. I don't know this for a fact, but I'm guessing that the same applies for a PUP's automation.
 Bahamut.Kctempest
By Bahamut.Kctempest 2009-03-27 00:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm just starting this topic to form an alliance because its very rare or hardly at all that I see a DM shout going on in jueno or wg.
Just send me a tell in-game or pm me on this site so I can just jot down your name and job so I can keep track of who wishes to go.