users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Dragoon Spellcast Help
Dragoon Spellcast Help
 Asura.Kadoyuu
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kadoyuu 2011-03-27 13:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How would you go about writing rules concerning Restoring Breath gear swaps? Every time I write a new one the Wyvern HP+gear swaps out too fast and I'm not too familiar with midcastdelay rules. Any help would be appreciated

Edit: If there is already a thread about this I apologize!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-03-27 14:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

what i did was make an ingame macro, used my HB set and /pet "Restoring Breath" <me>
 Asura.Kadoyuu
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kadoyuu 2011-03-27 14:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll try it! :D Thank you~
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2011-03-31 06:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine is also a patchwork of some other peoples' work as well as some stuff I came up with on my own. Here's my healing breath section though. The latter half if especially helpful, as it allows you to cast a spell of any duration and use a single rule:
Code
<elseif mode="or" spell="Smiting Breath">
<equip when="precast" set="Elemental Breath Potency" />
<aftercastdelay delay="2.2" />
</elseif>

<elseif mode="or" spell="Restoring Breath">
<equip when="precast" set="Resto Breath" />
<aftercastdelay delay="2.2" />
</elseif>

<!-- Healing Breath Trigger Rules -->
<!-- HB trigger spells -->
<elseif mode="or" spell="Dia*|Bio*|Bar*|Poison*|Phalanx|Sprout Smack|Head Butt|Cocoon|Flash|Haste"
advanced='"%type"="Ninjutsu" and %HPP<33'>
<equip when="precast" set="Healing Breath Trigger" />
<!-- This little bit of code will allow you to properly trigger Healing Breath for spells
of any casting duration. That means you only need one rule for spells that take 1 second
to cast or 20 seconds. You need only add a small amount of time on to the casttime of
the spell in order to account for lag. I require an additional 0.3 seconds of delay to
properly trigger Healing Breath. Adjust accordingly. -->
<var when="precast" cmd="setcalc HBMidcastDelay %CastTime + 0.3" />
<midcastdelay delay="$HBMidcastDelay" />
<equip when="midcast" set="Healing Breath Potency" />
<aftercastdelay delay="2" />
</elseif>

Obviously you'll have to tweak the numbers a bit to account for your own lag and such, as well as make a specific gearset for restoring breath. For instance, my normal trigger sets for spells swaps in a ton of HP+ for me to raise the 50% threshold, but my restoring breath set only has wyvern HP+ and potency.
 Unicorn.Tessy
Server: Unicorn
user: Tessy
By Unicorn.Tessy 2011-04-01 03:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kadoyuu said:
How would you go about writing rules concerning Restoring Breath gear swaps? Every time I write a new one the Wyvern HP+gear swaps out too fast and I'm not too familiar with midcastdelay rules. Any help would be appreciated Edit: If there is already a thread about this I apologize!

Hi Kadoyuu,

I post my DRG SC when I get home, I got mine from a very good friend, it is great and have all the above included (atleast if not mistaken, but works well)

/Tessy
 Unicorn.Tessy
By Unicorn.Tessy 2011-04-01 14:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Kadoyuu,

Here is my DRG XML as I said in erlier post.

/Tessy
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2011-04-06 12:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tessy said:
Hi Kadoyuu,

Here is my DRG XML as I said in erlier post.

/Tessy

Your "WSacc" sets have "Lncr. Schynbalds" instead of "Lncr. Schynbalds +1" like you have listed in other areas of your spellcast. Just something I noticed.
 Unicorn.Tessy
By Unicorn.Tessy 2011-04-09 16:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Korialstrasz said:
Unicorn.Tessy said:
Hi Kadoyuu, Here is my DRG XML as I said in erlier post. /Tessy
Your "WSacc" sets have "Lncr. Schynbalds" instead of "Lncr. Schynbalds +1" like you have listed in other areas of your spellcast. Just something I noticed.

O.o really well thank you sir, I must have missed that :) Now changed to the right lines, even found another false line when fixing this

The line you said was spelled like this Lncr. Schynbld and should be like this Lncr. Schynbld. +1, but what i saw was another line where I also have feet where I misspelled the name aswell Lncr. Schynbld +1 << (Forgot the . after bld ) :P now all should work again! So thanks for the heads up!

/Tessy