WS feet help
First Page 2 3 4
 Bismarck.Amearth
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Amearth
By Bismarck.Amearth 2011-03-24 12:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I currently use Heca feet for drakebane and just wondering what else is out there that people use or is that still the best bet? here is my current set up for drakes any ideas are welcome
 Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-24 13:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

[itemset!]203501[/itemset] take out the !
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-24 13:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

To answer your question I think Hct. Leggings+1 are the best feet piece.
By Wafflechan 2011-03-24 13:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hecatomb is fine, most people use perle since it's easier to obtain these days.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-03-24 13:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Amearth said:
I currently use Heca feet for drakebane and just wondering what else is out there that people use or is that still the best bet? here is my current set up for drakes any ideas are welcome
Could update your body too.
Zahak's Mail
By Wafflechan 2011-03-24 13:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Bismarck.Amearth said:
Could update your body too. Zahak's Mail
You know, I've seen that alot, but I'd like to see the math behind that statement. How does 3% crit make any significant difference when inside Abyss? I could see its merit outside, but why in? Wouldn't atma and cruor buffs cap your ddex and crit and stuff?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-24 13:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Amearth said:
I'm using the exact same set too, well, except for only af3 +1 and bushi instead of kemas, that is.
Oh and rose strap when /sam.
But else than that... THE EXACT SAME SET!

Anyway, since feet spot is discussed, what are the opinions on af3 +2 feet? I've been thinking about if they might be better since /war isn't as popular.
Thoughts/maths? =o

*edited for emphasis
By Wafflechan 2011-03-24 13:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were really needy for attack, the +2 helmet/shoes might be a welcome addition? Try it out for yourself if you aren't satisfied with current damage.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-24 13:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Bismarck.Amearth said:
Could update your body too.
Zahak's Mail
I've recently played around with drg gear sets and ended up chosing af3 +2 body to keep x-hit build. Else than that, I dont think that most WS bodies available to DRG differ THAT much regarding WS dmg, it comes more down to access and need, for like x-hit build etc., i guess.

I could be wrong though but would want to see numbers too.
 Bahamut.Phix
Server: Bahamut
user: phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-24 13:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Heca feet +1
As for the body its a toss up depending on what atma u may be using i personally change it about abit between ares af3+2 and zahaks
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-03-24 13:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:
Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Bismarck.Amearth said:
You know, I've seen that alot, but I'd like to see the math behind that statement. How does 3% crit make any significant difference when inside Abyss? I could see its merit outside, but why in? Wouldn't atma and cruor buffs cap your ddex and crit and stuff?
Outside of abyssea is where Af3 might be better. Inside your acc is capped att is closer to cap or cap and Ddex/Fstr is capped making the crit rate atlot better.
 Titan.Genarf
Server: Titan
user: Genarf
By Titan.Genarf 2011-03-24 13:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what i use.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-24 13:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:
If you were really needy for attack, the +2 helmet/shoes might be a welcome addition? Try it out for yourself if you aren't satisfied with current damage.
Meh, helmet is outts the question, varangian or twilight are both way better.
I've only been thinking if anyone has tried out them boots for WSing yet or if anyone did run some numbers already.
It's just because heca was always the best choise for that spot and I don't think we ever had access to a nice att/acc piece there. =o
I would like to test but SE won't let me online! )=
By Wafflechan 2011-03-24 13:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Wafflechan said:
Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Bismarck.Amearth said:
Outside of abyssea is where Af3 might be better. Inside your acc is capped att is closer to cap or cap and Ddex/Fstr is capped making the crit rate atlot better.
But so is your crit, especially with RR/ Scorpion Queen. Is 3% really going to make a significant difference?
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-24 13:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the more you have already, the less it (3%) really does for you.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-24 13:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Grandthief said:
Wafflechan said:
Meh, helmet is outts the question, varangian or twilight are both way better.
I've only been thinking if anyone has tried out them boots for WSing yet or if anyone did run some numbers already.
It's just because heca was always the best choise for that spot and I don't think we ever had access to a nice att/acc piece there. =o
I would like to test but SE won't let me online! )=

My guess is that it would win inside abyssea if you were making use of all 12 attack.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-24 13:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

clout boots
[+]
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2011-03-24 13:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

clout boots are bad?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-24 13:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Satanas said:
clout boots are bad?
Hm, no.. they gewd! =O
Need to read up on those, thanks!
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-24 13:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:
Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Wafflechan said:
Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Bismarck.Amearth said:
But so is your crit, especially with RR/ Scorpion Queen. Is 3% really going to make a significant difference?

The point is even though its less than a 3% increase you are making use of all of it. Conversely on the AF3 body you pretty much never make use of the acc, the attack would only be useful on some NMs and that's only when stalwarts is down, the extra dex and str aren't doing anything but weak wsc mods. So the 3% crit rate wins easy if you don't need the attack.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-24 13:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
My guess is that it would win inside abyssea if you were making use of all 12 attack.
Well, you would practically only gain like 7.5 att using af3+2 boots over heca (NQ), even less with HQ.
Hm, prolly depends on your att buffs then but without any and not capping pdif, might be worth to try out.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-03-24 13:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Satanas said:
clout boots are bad?
Hm, no.. they gewd! =O

Depends, those could potentially mess up any x-hit you might have, so you'd need to double check the numbers on them to be safe.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-24 13:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
The point is even though its less than a 3% increase you are making use of all of it. Conversely on the AF3 body you pretty much never make use of the acc, the attack would only be useful on some NMs and that's only when stalwarts is down, the extra dex and str aren't doing anything but weak wsc mods. So the 3% crit rate wins easy if you don't need the attack.
Well, I wouldn't call +14 STR weak as for wsc mod but therefore would need maths, MOAR MATHS!, to see which one would be better. However, I would guess that all body options aren't very far apart since their stats are all very similar.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-24 13:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Wafflechan said:
Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Wafflechan said:
Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Bismarck.Amearth said:
There are better crit rate atmas than scorpion queen... but I guess if you need it for your Xhit build...

And you the att will be useful unless you are running around with alot more att buffs and/or def down debuffs than most people. Even on xp mobs you can see a difference between 750 and 800 att. Dex isn't a ws mod for drakesbane and you are definitely capped ddex in abyssea. And 50% is far from weak
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-24 13:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Bahamut.Satanas said:
clout boots are bad?
Hm, no.. they gewd! =O

Depends, those could potentially mess up any x-hit you might have, so you'd need to double check the numbers on them to be safe.
Yea, that's indeed true. I find it hard to rely on x-hit builds on DRG though, because of the new jumps, regain and DA/TA atmas and the new ws belts. Even though, I still try to work sets out.
By Wafflechan 2011-03-24 13:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Wafflechan said:
Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Wafflechan said:
Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Bismarck.Amearth said:
I'll take it with a grain of salt, and check my numbers when the servers come back up. My ws set (interchangeable with zmail):

(LS working on upgrading when we get back too, want to get rid of that stupid fowling earring, and possibly cape for atheling.)
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-24 13:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:
I'll take it with a grain of salt, and check my numbers when the servers come back up. My ws set (interchangeable with zmail):

(LS working on upgrading when we get back too, want to get rid of that stupid fowling earring, and possibly cape for atheling.)
Have no sea yet? =o
By Wafflechan 2011-03-24 13:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:
I'll take it with a grain of salt, and check my numbers when the servers come back up. My ws set (interchangeable with zmail): (LS working on upgrading when we get back too, want to get rid of that stupid fowling earring, and possibly cape for atheling.)
Have no sea yet? =o
Rajas = sea access :D. But no, ABCs are hard to find on my server for some reason o_O. Limbus parties, even harder.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-24 13:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Wafflechan said:
Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Wafflechan said:
Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Bismarck.Amearth said:
There are better crit rate atmas than scorpion queen... but I guess if you need it for your Xhit build...

And you the att will be useful unless you are running around with alot more att buffs and/or def down debuffs than most people. Even on xp mobs you can see a difference between 750 and 800 att. Dex isn't a ws mod for drakesbane and you are definitely capped ddex in abyssea. And 50% is far from weak

My point is still valid 4 str wont beat 3% crit rate and z mail is better when you dont need the attack.
 Gilgamesh.Galmaximas
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Galmaximas 2011-03-24 13:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:
Wafflechan said:
I'll take it with a grain of salt, and check my numbers when the servers come back up. My ws set (interchangeable with zmail): (LS working on upgrading when we get back too, want to get rid of that stupid fowling earring, and possibly cape for atheling.)
Have no sea yet? =o
Rajas = sea access :D. But no, ABCs are hard to find on my server for some reason o_O. Limbus parties, even harder.

can pretty much solo limbus on almost any job/dnc I suggest NIN/DNC for the best results ABC problem solved.
First Page 2 3 4