Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Possible Thief Set
Possible Thief Set
 Gilgamesh.Apyrrhicvictory
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Apyrrhicvictory 2009-03-18 14:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:

There Apy, happy now! I can be constructive when I'm absolutly forced to be.

<3
By Gilgamesh.Apyrrhicvictory 2009-03-18 14:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Divisor Ring is pretty awesome for any DD job.

I would give up 1 ACC for 3 ATK.

X's knife is a great knife allaround, but 10 times better main hand than off hand IMO.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-18 14:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

How is Mandau / X's vs Mandau / Blau

I can't remember reading anything on the damage boost from X's vs the Delay hidden's of blau. I would think Man/X could put up some sickly Crit numbers.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2009-03-18 14:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

First off let me give some props when they are due... Apyrrhicvictory thats a nice thief you got there man, He's possibly the only one I'd listen too if I was aspiring to make my thief pimp. Secondly I am a little off topic but I have to say I love to see post like this for the simple fact it's actually someone who is looking to Improve an not another born "Know-it-all" what is it that we call those people?... (Elitist is it?) but anyways, I do agree with Apyrrhicvictory when he says Enkidu is the way to go. It is not as hard to get as you may think an once you mix it in w/ a few Hecatomb pieces (also not hard to get) you will have a pretty good looking thief as far as your Body armor is concerned. An seeming that you are considering Raja's which leads me to assume your going to be completing CoP, you might as well Consider X's Knife/Blah or X's knife/Kuri (X'sknife/Kuri being a free set).

Just my 2 cents.
 Unicorn.Claquesous
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2009-03-18 15:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I lost part of my last post so I'll try to recapture it quickly. You currently have a wish list, but you'll need to work your way towards that wish list without being naked. For an idea of some stepping stones towards your wish list, you can check out my site. Have fun!
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-18 15:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ethereal said:

Although the only thing I really disagree on your list Fro is imo Love Torque > Ancient Torque. But that's just me.

2 things to keep in mind. First, I'm basing it off of eating meat vs anything that actually matters, and that the actual difference between some of the choices is incredibly small.

Love Torque is going to be 8 or 9 acc and 7 attack. (Depending on if your Dex is even or odd before putting it on).
Ancient Torque is 11 acc.

So 2 or 3 acc vs 7 att. A thf eating meat is going to be VERY hard pressed to hit 95% acc on anything of high lvl. Someone that knows the math can crunch it down and it very well may come down to if your dex is even or odd. We also are likely talking about a difference of less than 2%, but from what I've read acc should win out. It was shown on BG by Failure of Migard in a similar disscusion on how PCC is tech better than Justice for Sam's in non capped situations.
By Gilgamesh.Apyrrhicvictory 2009-03-18 15:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Critical hit is supposed to be a 10% increase or so i've read, I'm not sure as I don't have one... yet.

The downside of Mandau/x's combo is the fact that the additional effect on sneak and trick attack aren't active off hand. :(

Your correct though, it can throw out alot of nasty criticals with the mandaus hidden damage bonus procs.

Edit:

blau offhand is good for anything your fighting that is higher level or has high evasion. HNMs, HL NMs, etc.

The latent on these comes in really hand in those situations. That is if you are /nin at any of those fights.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
Server: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-03-18 15:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you everyone who has posted something helpful. This thread has stayed unbelievably on track compared to most, and I am looking into many of the things you have suggested. Once again thank you.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-18 15:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bout the best advice i can give you is find a limbus shell and *** yourself to them.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-03-18 16:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought X's worked offhand? Mandau/X would suck if it didn't...

Aren't the additional effects on SA/TA simply just the product of an enhanced critical?
 Bahamut.Kelia
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-03-18 20:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

friend with X's says it works in offhand for SA/TA
 Bahamut.Ivelios
user: Ivelios
By Bahamut.Ivelios 2009-03-24 04:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Kelia said:
friend with X's says it works in offhand for SA/TA

As one of the few people on Bahamut with this knife, I can agree with this. Both Grantlogan and myself have this dagger and can vouch that it works offhand.
 Odin.Arnor
Server: Odin
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-03-24 04:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

where would you rate Iota ring for thf? worth tping in or would you just macro in for sata?
 Bahamut.Ivelios
user: Ivelios
By Bahamut.Ivelios 2009-03-24 04:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Arnor said:
where would you rate Iota ring for thf? worth tping in or would you just macro in for sata?

If you're really really cheap for thief it's a sub par tp piece, but free. Otherwise I'd only use it for a TA build.
 Bahamut.Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-03-24 14:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

fatty :(
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-03-24 15:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=69904
This my thf tp set. i know i know need PCC and some belt with 6haste. Still 22% haste with good acc all the way up to VT unless i eat sushi then my acc pretty much outdoes all DDs and dmg still good. Part of the reason i like Harpe main hand is its higher ws dmg when especially when not SA or TA and seeing as pretty much all melees move when they see me ready those moves... Working on X's knife. Oh and all those items were pretty easy to get homam being the hardest though thats actually very easy to low man... hell my ls sells it now.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-03-24 15:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I use it on soloDE only really.
 Ragnarok.Azura
Server: Ragnarok
user: azura84
By Ragnarok.Azura 2009-03-24 16:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Kvazz said:
SK -> hornetneedle anyday.
But yeah, why the warwolf belt? O.o get a swift belt, pretty easy to obtain, and a way better tp-piece.

.... 1/15, beware TH is fail ><
 Shiva.Ethereal
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-03-24 16:54:11
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Here's my current setup for my thief's TP build. Tell me how I'm doing or what I should improve upon if any.

I got a chivalrous torque on the side for DE, and once I gain one more level I have an Amemet +1 waiting to be put on. Also I'm aware I should replace my woody with a sniper's, but it's not a high priority atm.
 Bahamut.Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-03-24 17:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

woodsman v sniper is irrelevant unless you're tanking, i think you mean ecphoria->5acc? otherwise looks good.
 Gilgamesh.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Gilgamesh.Nynja 2009-03-24 17:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=69935
Theres mine. I may have gotten lazy over the months, and dont bother with stuff that will up my damage by a fraction of a fraction. The set works fine for what I do (Salvage, ZNM, 2box ENM, dynamis). I havent even touched a merit camp in ages lol.
 Ragnarok.Azura
Server: Ragnarok
user: azura84
By Ragnarok.Azura 2009-03-24 18:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ethereal said:
Here's my current setup for my thief's TP build. Tell me how I'm doing or what I should improve upon if any.

I got a chivalrous torque on the side for DE, and once I gain one more level I have an Amemet +1 waiting to be put on. Also I'm aware I should replace my woody with a sniper's, but it's not a high priority atm.

This looks good, couple things, like Etrayis haste would be ideal. that or WoTG TP gear i hear works nicely for DNC. We all know just about anything THF gets DNC gets, and visa versa.
Rapparee Harness, Swift Belt, Dusk Hands & Feet (when you get to 72 that is) and Bravo's Subligar is only 2% haste but until you get Homam or Skadi's it's the best leg piece for TP build on THF.

Quote:
Theres mine. I may have gotten lazy over the months, and dont bother with stuff that will up my damage by a fraction of a fraction. The set works fine for what I do (Salvage, ZNM, 2box ENM, dynamis). I havent even touched a merit camp in ages lol.

...Nynja... shut up, ur THF makes me cry.
 Lakshmi.Zaps
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2009-03-24 20:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

my thf sets

TP: http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=44524

WS: http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=44525

in all honesty, go for some homam, and get some heca from sky
probably the best you can do that isn't extremely hard to obtain
 Gilgamesh.Nynja
By Gilgamesh.Nynja 2009-03-25 13:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Azura said:
Quote:

In a good or bad way ?
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 13:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Nynja said:
Azura said:
Quote:

In a good or bad way ?

Needs moar speed belt
 Gilgamesh.Nynja
By Gilgamesh.Nynja 2009-03-25 14:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Nynja said:
Azura said:
Quote:

In a good or bad way ?

Needs moar speed belt

I quit HNM *** (which means Sandworm is out of the question), Dropping 33 mil on a Speed Belt isnt worth the gil, and wasting my time camping KA is wasting my time.