Looking To Get Alchemy 9~60, Asking For Ideas.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Alchemy » Looking to get Alchemy 9~60, asking for ideas.
Looking to get Alchemy 9~60, asking for ideas.
 Cerberus.Quintow
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2011-03-18 15:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

As topic suggests, I would like to get my alchemy from 9 to abouts 60. Iirc i have somewhere around 600k on me when the servers went down. Haven't crafted in years either tbh so...any "new" synths maybe not in guides etc. idk...

Just really looking for the quickest route to leveling alchemy (60-ish) provided I have a little bit of gil to blow on it if need be. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-03-18 15:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

fish, then craft your fish
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-18 15:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's anything like cooking, it should only take you ~100k. I assume there are guides on wiki to work off of? If not, just look at the recipe lists and craft whatever is ~3-5 levels above you and looks easy to get mats for.
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2011-03-18 15:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I used: Xarchangel's Guide. I skipped some of the more annoying 3 level synths like blinding potion and just stuck it out for 6 levels on the next synth in the list.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-03-18 15:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's gunna to be tough going with the servers off.....
/trollface

I used -> http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Easy_Alchemy_1-60

Farming everything is a bitchandahalf but if you are a cheap *** like me you'll enjoy Hitokage's guide.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-03-18 15:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a long time, but I think I did...

Poison Dust to 12
Mercury to 16
Poison Potion to 18 (back when this was useful to make)
Silent Oils to 24
Blinding Potion to 27 (back when ppl would use it on the airship battle)
Sarui Ran to 28 (just to have some extras)/Bast Parchments to 29 (alternating with Sarui Ran since bast parchment is used for that)
Artificial Lenses to 34 (but wasn't a good choice since they didn't stack and I had to dump on mules a lot)
Potions to 40
Prism Powders to 41 (all those lenses came right back again, can de-synth gobbie masks and moblin masks easily to get glass fiber...jump to vitriol when all supplies run out)
Vitriol to 43
Holy Water to 51 (it's a big gap from 43-51 but it's such a cheap synth!)
Sleeping Potion to 56 (so inexpensive to make)
Cermet Chunks to 58 (or just skip ahead to venom dust if supplies for chunks run out or are hard to find/farm)
Venom Dust/Venom Potions to 60

EDIT: Oh, bah...Nikolce's link is almost the same thing
 Cerberus.Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2011-03-18 15:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, thanks for the responses. Only thing I could maybe think to ask now then is Nevill suggested fishing, then crafting off them. My fishing is lvl 26, I have no idea if thatd be high enough to catch what fish would be needing for the synths. Guess I got some research to do!
 Cerberus.Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2011-03-18 15:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and also, is 8 lvl difference the largest can do to try and skillup? For example if im lvl 9, a synth that caps at lvl 17 will yield skillups but if its a synth that caps at 18 i wont get a skillup @ lvl 9 ever, right? And does synth help buff from npc effect this 8 lvl max gap? Thanks again.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-18 16:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I havent crafted in a while to be honest. Regarding what to skillup on though, I can say that you have to check your guides, then have to check your AH(s) and then have to check your farming capabilities.
Neither of them will be available at all times, like sometimes you arent able to craft something just due to the fact that you cant find stuff on the AH or just cant be bothered to farm the mats, or dont have a job to do so.

So, you have to be a little bit flexible on that and have to do your research regarding recipes, of course.

If you have covered that, you should take 5 lvl above the actualy synth as a border. never craft if its above that and rarely craft if its below that.
If your skill is more than 5 lvls below the synth, you will get like no skillups most of the time but when you do, you will have huge ones, like 0.5 .
However, not worth it, most of the time.
If you are close to the cap of that synth, like 1-4 lvl (synth is 30 and your skill is 26-29) you will, indeed, get skillups more frequently but only low ones. So, like .1-.4.

Anyway, so take 5 lvls as the border and try to find cheap synthes within that range to skillup on. If you get only .1 on cheap-as-hell synthes.. who cares? As long as you can get skillups.
Same szenario on expensive crafts would be stupid though. :(

EDIT: Right, forgot that you can add NPC synth support for an additional 3 skill lvls (making it 8 above your current synth, so skill is 30 and you can pick synths up to lvl 38 in order to get skillups and less breaks).

EDIT 2: >_< I dont know how it is nowadays but all I said applies to "back then", before abyssea and stuff. xD