Fast Cast And Haste In Gear Only.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Fast Cast and Haste in gear only.
Fast Cast and Haste in gear only.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-03-15 00:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Posted this on KI but figures I would copy/pasta here due to higher traffic:

So I am wondering if there is a 50%, 25% or any other cap towards recast on Utsu/various ninjutsu recast options?

Been considering this for a long time and wondering what the ideal unsupported set would be for near perfect recast.

First I would want to consider how much ninja can fast cast for. By my calculations it is about 10% (neck) 10% (katana) + 5% (Body mirke) 5% (loq ear) + 2.5?? (MCP head) for casting time.

Now for recast with all that added, about 16.5%?

If you are going with that would you only need another 9.5% in the proper casting time of your utsusemi macro to reach true and pure capped recast? or can you go beyond the hard cap with fast cast gear?

If you could get your hands on the ideal recast and quickest casting time (gear only) gear set what would it be?
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
Server: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-03-15 00:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Loquacious earring is -2% casting -1% recast.

Also this might help you:

Fast Cast

Haste
[+]
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-03-15 00:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIAH has higher traffic than KillingIfrit? Cool.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-03-15 00:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea have for a while now. For instance 2 responses so far here and 0 on KI. I am drunk atm, and was also drunk when I posted this initially, I will come back in a day or two to clarify and post some links/gear info to further clarify and reference for the discussion.

I guess the main question at hand is what the ideal set would be for haste, if you had the the max fast cast ninja can put on. Do you need a full 25/6%? or a much smaller number due to a hard cap with your fast cast in consideration?

Sorry if the question is still confusing, like I said I am drunk. bottle and a half of cabernet >.>

Edit: thanks for the link Zero I will try to review them in the next 24 hours, they may help me clarify/answer my own question.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-03-16 20:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

10 katana 5 body 5 hat 2 loq = 22
22/2 = 11 from recast
4 dusk+1, 7+4 iga+2, 7 twilight = 22
so 33% from gear

or 10 katana 5 body 2 loq = 17
25% from gear
8.5 + 25 = 33.5% from gear
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-03-19 03:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

For recast purposes then: 5% katana 2.5 body, 2.5 head, 1 ear = 11%?

+ 25/6% haste = 36/7%?
If I am understanding this correctly NIN at the most can attain 36.etc.% on recast with gear alone?

I think that is wonderful for Miguwari alone, with it's rediculous 2 minute cool down.

Drunk again btw.....

Star Craft 2 is awesome.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-03-19 03:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

if you could cap haste without the head slot, sure. i forgot tiercel necklace for the first one so that'd actually be 34%, assuming that what path replied with on KI isn't true.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-19 03:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
FFXIAH has higher traffic than KillingIfrit? Cool.

KI is still around..?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-03-19 03:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I am aware the neck only reduces casting time (not recast) on utsusemi. Assume that a player can cycle through 2-3 pieces of gear per slot in a single cast....

Fight club etc...
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-03-19 03:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said:
For recast purposes then: 5% katana 2.5 body, 2.5 head, 1 ear = 11%?

+ 25/6% haste = 36/7%?
If I am understanding this correctly NIN at the most can attain 36.etc.% on recast with gear alone?

I think that is wonderful for Miguwari alone, with it's rediculous 2 minute cool down.

Drunk again btw.....

Star Craft 2 is awesome.

It's not additive.

floor( [1-Haste] * truncate( [1-Fast Cast] * Recast ) )

So, 1-.25 = .75
1-.11 = .89
.75*.85 = 0.66
0.66*2(minutes) = 1min 19sec so about 34% (caps at 50%, Fast Cast caps at -25% recast)
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-03-19 04:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the formula.

and my numbers were for recast (although i added them, so the final numbers are wrong), and i did assume different pieces for the cast -- you don't need spellcast to swap things for cast time and recast. my reasoning was that i don't think both the fast cast and the haste would be applied to the recast. and i mentioned tiercel necklace, not magoraga.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [917 days between previous and next post]
By Otomis 2013-09-21 09:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just want to check I am not math'n wrong. This set would lead to a 25 sec recast on Reraise with haste up and Rdm native FC trait @ 99. Looking for optimal precast set. Missing Pro Ring and +1 back and feet, when I get funds up planning on getting em.

ItemSet 312687
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-09-21 13:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomis said: »
Just want to check I am not math'n wrong. This set would lead to a 25 sec recast on Reraise with haste up and Rdm native FC trait @ 99. Looking for optimal precast set. Missing Pro Ring and +1 back and feet, when I get funds up planning on getting em.

ItemSet 312687
Holy necrobump

You can also drop the couple hours into making an Arka II, for the recast time reduction
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2280 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2019-12-19 12:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultra mega Necro, Whats the bees knees sets these days for this particular topic?
By snakeplisken 2019-12-19 13:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Have to come back and ask when you're drunk
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2019-12-19 13:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

haha
By Unzero 2019-12-19 13:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Hrohj said: »
How are you capping the full 80% Fast Cast on NIN..?

It's an assumption that always gets thrown out there, and is impractical in many cases. Best I could come up with is:

ItemSet 368739

And I don't have that neck, body, or even bothered with the legs/feet augments (I'm lazy for those last few%). This is 73% which is good enough. You would use the relic+3 body and beads which will give you 9% extra casting a speed for your shadows. You can probably hit 80%, though that ring is not reasonable to include. Point I was making was the sword bridges that gap much easier and makes your casting much smoother and safer. And it's a better weapon for the discussion. You're still going to cast migawari and possibly debuffs if you can land them, Subtle blow and STP every time it wears off. But the main key is shadows and miga.

Was just pulling up stuff from other parts of the forum, looking for other stuff
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2019-12-19 14:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

nice thanks
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-12-19 20:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

While these are weapon-specific, also very relevant that:
- augmented Kikoku (R15) has Ninjutsu casting time -20%
- Fudo Masamune (or Su4) C path has significant Ninjutsu recast reduction when mainhanded (1% per augment level, max of -25% recast) - since it's also the best tanking mainhand, that really helps when it matters most.

Additionally, a NIN would always want to cast Utsusemi in Empy feet (and not FC gear) for an extra shadow.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-01-15 13:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Unzero said: »
Asura.Hrohj said: »
How are you capping the full 80% Fast Cast on NIN..?

It's an assumption that always gets thrown out there, and is impractical in many cases. Best I could come up with is:

ItemSet 368739

And I don't have that neck, body, or even bothered with the legs/feet augments (I'm lazy for those last few%). This is 73% which is good enough. You would use the relic+3 body and beads which will give you 9% extra casting a speed for your shadows. You can probably hit 80%, though that ring is not reasonable to include. Point I was making was the sword bridges that gap much easier and makes your casting much smoother and safer. And it's a better weapon for the discussion. You're still going to cast migawari and possibly debuffs if you can land them, Subtle blow and STP every time it wears off. But the main key is shadows and miga.

Was just pulling up stuff from other parts of the forum, looking for other stuff

67% FC and 27% haste? if I am reading that right? Nuts, what is that cap on FC? Swap in Relic+3 and Utsu beads for precast for Utsusemi?

If I understand correctly 25.ish% on Haste is cap, I understand why you overshoot, no choice these days, and for recast that's another 33.5% for FC? Seems I read somewhere for the purposes of recast FC gives half of the displayed value toward recast, that can combine with the 25~% haste cap?

And no FC/Quick magic yet for waist on NIN?
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-01-15 13:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Additionally, a NIN would always want to cast Utsusemi in Empy feet (and not FC gear) for an extra shadow.

Precast in Herc, midcast the boots in.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-15 14:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja has a job gift of -20% Ninjutsu cast time, so it only needs 60% from gear to reach the cap. The above set did not take into consideration that Gift bonus.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-01-15 15:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja has a job gift of -20% Ninjutsu cast time, so it only needs 60% from gear to reach the cap. The above set did not take into consideration that Gift bonus.
60% in FC type gear, The utsusemi specific items count toward that? or are able to break cap further? 98% on utsusemi would be nuts!
By Nariont 2020-01-15 15:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

any kind of -spellcast gear applies the same as the 1st portion of FC, so 10 FC = -10 spellcast, you just dont get any -recast benefits should that stay in midcast
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-01-20 15:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
While these are weapon-specific, also very relevant that:
- augmented Kikoku (R15) has Ninjutsu casting time -20%
- Fudo Masamune (or Su4) C path has significant Ninjutsu recast reduction when mainhanded (1% per augment level, max of -25% recast) - since it's also the best tanking mainhand, that really helps when it matters most.

From what I am gathering these two katanas are damn near BiS for main and offhand. Will the augments work in off hand? So with just these 2 weapons you are looking @ -45% cast time in utsusemi?

And as I was typing that I noticed they are two different types of cast/recast buffs. NVM about the combined, but I am still curious if the off hand augments still work?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1134 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2023-02-28 01:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What do we got these days?
VIP
By Lili 2023-02-28 08:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
What do we got these days?