Augments "Blood Boon" Sets - What Do You UsE?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Augments "Blood Boon" Sets - What Do You UsE?
Augments "Blood Boon" Sets - What Do You UsE?
 Alexander.Alistrianna
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Alistrianna 2011-02-25 06:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Was looking for some feedback on what people thought of the set bonus when they all 5 pieces of gear and what others might be using for BP's with this powerful set bonus in effect.

Physical Set

I'm really undecided on the weapon to use for physical pacts. I have a Teiwaz with Pet attack +15 (been rather lazy getting the finished version) but switched to Soulscourge for the +5 Blood Boon. I've yet to really do anything extensive with Physical pacts since I've finished the Empyrean +2 set.

Magic Set

This gear set gets the most use when I'm doing stuff in Abyssea. I've done as high as 10.3k with Heavenly Strike on EXP mobs and as high as 8k on some NMs. I don't use Soulscourge with this set because I feel the extra +7 MAB from the magian staff goes alot further than the +5 Blood Boon.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-25 07:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Attack+ does next to nothing for avatars, so honestly it's a useless stat. At least Blood Boon does something(Soulscourge over Teiwaz), however it's not worth using for Magic BPs since most slots are pretty good, and 'increasing damage' to a Set Bonus that rarely procs seems a bit silly if you have other, better, options.

Nitpicking, but SMN torque is better than sacrifice torque if your skill is capped.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-02-25 08:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I would think AF2 Hands > AF3+2 hands for BPs.
Also, if you're switching neck pieces, Caller's Pendant > SMN Torque
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-25 08:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
I would think AF2 Hands > AF3+2 hands for BPs.
Also, if you're switching neck pieces, Caller's Pendant > SMN Torque

Yeah AF2 Hands would be better. I meant Caller's Pendant, I'm so sleepy. :<
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 08:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

And I think you mean capped acc not skill. Also I used to redo ACP/MKE missions alot. Well the easy crap one and got alot of +pet stuff for waist and back... not much but better than nothing
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-02-25 08:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
And I think you mean capped acc not skill.
Sacrifice Torque adds attack, not accuracy so that wouldn't make sense.

Also, i'm interested in how Caller's out performs Sacrifice at capped skill?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 08:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Quipto said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

Makes perfect sense I was talking about skill which only adds acc/macc to bps. Well you certainly aren't capping att.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-25 08:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Quipto said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

There was a reason, too early in the morning and it's escaping me. Attack+ does next to nothing for SMN anyway.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-25 08:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

Makes perfect sense I was talking about skill which only adds acc/macc to bps. Well you certainly aren't capping att.

Yeah, but Attack doesn't work the same way as a melee's Attack. Like. It's pretty much completely useless.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 08:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Yeah, but Attack doesn't work the same way as a melee's Attack. Like. It's pretty much completely useless.
Pretty much useless>>> actually useless. Also I remember seeing someone math out everything from att to base dmg etc on ZAM and it suggested that all avatar attacking was pretty much like melees
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-02-25 08:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Also I used to redo ACP/MKE missions alot. Well the easy crap one and got alot of +pet stuff for waist and back... not much but better than nothing

So jealous.
Well. I'd be more jealous if you got a lot of pet+ earrings. Can't believe I used to npc those. /sigh
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 08:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Also I used to redo ACP/MKE missions alot. Well the easy crap one and got alot of +pet stuff for waist and back... not much but better than nothing
So jealous. Well. I'd be more jealous if you got a lot of pet+ earrings. Can't believe I used to npc those. /sigh
Don't be too jealous alot were +ratt...
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-25 08:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Pretty much useless>>> actually useless. Also I remember seeing someone math out everything from att to base dmg etc on ZAM and it suggested that all avatar attacking was pretty much like melees

Link?
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-02-25 08:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
So jealous. Well. I'd be more jealous if you got a lot of pet+ earrings. Can't believe I used to npc those. /sigh
Don't be too jealous alot were +ratt...
Diabolos yo.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-25 08:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Stuff
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 08:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Link?
Been trying to find it. Think I lost it awhile ago.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-25 08:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Link?
Been trying to find it. Think I lost it awhile ago.

:(

Sacrifice Torque might be better, wasn't outside Abyssea though if I recall.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-25 08:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

More Links
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 09:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Wish he'd actually show more of his results. Like he shows some then just starts saying things like blah blah didn't help at all... which kinda defeats the purpose of showing the part of the results in the first place. But yeah from what I was able to read it just sorta means that avatars have decently higher attack amounts than melees. Makes sense considering how little ways there are to increase it (they really should do that for blus too) but they also have really high pdif/Cratio caps so you should still get increases till you somehow manage to hit 999 avatar attack. But yeah percentage wise not as useful as for melees...

On the other hand even 1% increase in dmg is better than 0% since avatars tend to be fairly accurate... and well RR

I don't like his fstr is clearly uncapped assumption. I mean just cause an avatar with +7 str isn't capping on lvl 0 mobs doesn't mean it doesn't cap. A blu wont cap any of it's spells fstr on them either with just base str...
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-25 09:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Wish he'd actually show more of his results. Like he shows some then just starts saying things like blah blah didn't help at all... which kinda defeats the purpose of showing the part of the results in the first place. But yeah from what I was able to read it just sorta means that avatars have decently higher attack amounts than melees. Makes sense considering how little ways there are to increase it (they really should do that for blus too) but they also have really high pdif/Cratio caps so you should still get increases till you somehow manage to hit 999 avatar attack. But yeah percentage wise not as useful as for melees...

On the other hand even 1% increase in dmg is better than 0% since avatars tend to be fairly accurate... and well RR

I don't like his fstr is clearly uncapped assumption. I mean just cause an avatar with +7 str isn't capping on lvl 0 mobs doesn't mean it doesn't cap. A blu wont cap any of it's spells fstr on them either with just base str...

Yeah I agree, I dunno. Would really love to see more tests, if you can ever find the thing you were referencing would love to see it. If not it's no biggy. D:<
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 09:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
This testing has some fallacies. Like the assumption that PC has a good base 30% crit rate. He completely ignores crit rate from Ddex...

And his +crit dmg one he never really did side by side comparision of just taking SS in and out he always replaced it with something.

Not going to get into the fact he was eyeballing.

Also it more or less stated you should have no problem capping acc
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 09:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Yeah I agree, I dunno. Would really love to see more tests, if you can ever find the thing you were referencing would love to see it. If not it's no biggy. D:<
Yeah if it's on one of my older comps somewhere I think... if it's the laptop not sure I can even start it up. If it's the desktop gotta turn this off to swap monitors lol. It's really old but was pretty crazy looking. I'll look later
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-02-25 13:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

For merit BPs anyway, I would never sacrifice pet: mab for blood boon+ especially since most af3+2 proc rates are around 5%, it's not worth lowering your normal nuking strength over trying to proc a proc within a proc <.<

Nice for epeen shots, but It would be like a BLM wearing austerity belt+clarus stone while nuking for their af3 bonus.
 Alexander.Alistrianna
By Alexander.Alistrianna 2011-02-26 06:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I had heard that pet attack gear does almost nothing for SMN which is the main reason I never finished the +22 attack staff. I may eventually work on the acc staff for physical pacts.

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
For merit BPs anyway, I would never sacrifice pet: mab for blood boon+ especially since most af3+2 proc rates are around 5%, it's not worth lowering your normal nuking strength over trying to proc a proc within a proc <.<

Nice for epeen shots, but It would be like a BLM wearing austerity belt+clarus stone while nuking for their af3 bonus.

I don't use the Blood Boon+ gear on the magic pacts over any slot with MAB options on it, with the exception of the ear since farming ACP for them is just a pain in the ***. I do however, use it on waist slot for the physical pacts because +3% chance at saving some MP > than 2 skill or +2 pet enmity.
 Alexander.Alistrianna
By Alexander.Alistrianna 2011-02-26 06:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Augments "Blood Boon" feels like a much higher proc rate than just 5%. I usually see a trigger on about 1 in 10 BP's, with the +13% Blood Boon gear and whatever the base proc rate is (I assume its 25% like conserve MP).
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-02-26 16:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

In most cases, avatar attack is indeed useless. Sacrifice Torque is the primary exception. Caller's Pendant will pretty much NEVER beat Sacrifice Torque for physical BPs. Use it. Love it. The rest of the time, "attack = pointless" is a pretty safe assumption.
 Alexander.Alistrianna
By Alexander.Alistrianna 2011-02-26 20:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend of mine told me today that the reason that I might see the empyrean set proc so much is that the set bonus that augment job abilities aren't a "proc within a proc". The game checks the set bonus first, because it modifies an existing ability, and if that check suceeds, guarantees the augmented JA/Trait on what ability or attack that it modifies. This may be why I notice the set bonus kicking in so much, even though we believe its a proc within a proc atm. This might be something worth looking into. At the same time if its true, negates the need to actually use BB+ gear on a BP, unless that can influence the rate at which a higher conserve MP ration is achieved.