Bad Luck With HQ Cursed Gear Synth.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Alchemy » Bad luck with HQ Cursed Gear Synth.
Bad luck with HQ Cursed Gear Synth.
 Valefor.Evren
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Evren 2009-03-09 02:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Alchemy @ 100+3 and like many other Alchemist I've taken up making cursed gear. Unlike many others I have yet to HQ a single one. So far to date I am 0/37 on Cursed Cuisses. I've tried synthing on darksday/new moon, daksday/fullmoon, lightsday/new moon, etc.. With Advance Synth Support, ele staves. Is there something I am missing here or is it just bad luck?
 Odin.Synyster
Server: Odin
user: Synyster
By Odin.Synyster 2009-03-09 03:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Evren said:
I have Alchemy @ 100+3 and like many other Alchemist I've taken up making cursed gear. Unlike many others I have yet to HQ a single one. So far to date I am 0/37 on Cursed Cuisses. I've tried synthing on darksday/new moon, daksday/fullmoon, lightsday/new moon, etc.. With Advance Synth Support, ele staves. Is there something I am missing here or is it just bad luck?

JPbutton <you can have this>
[+]

Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using directions? =x I'd say maybe even try Barspells...but thats a Dark Crystal synth... ._.

Its probably just bad luck, but trying to make use of the myths like weather and so on can't hurt.
 Valefor.Evren
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Evren 2009-03-09 03:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tried it all. ;_; But if it is just bad luck I am gonna keep trying. Somethings gotta give. ^^

Evren said:
I've tried it all. ;_; But if it is just bad luck I am gonna keep trying. Somethings gotta give. ^^

That's the right attitude! And good luck to you! Hopefully your streak of bad luck ends with several HQ synths in a row. =)
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-09 03:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had terrible streaks on crafting at points during the BEST possible conditions for HQ'ing, direction, day, moon phase, stave, bar, weather, i always try to match as many as possible.

For instance on squid sushi today im supposed to have base 25% craft rate, given all the conditions supposed to push up the %, surely id get higher....
i NQ 14 times in a row.... then i HQ 4 times in a row, 1 NQ 3 HQ in a row, then another 2 NQ....

on alchemy ive actually had beeswax not HQ during the whole stack, and i think my record is 8 HQ in a row >.>

edit: i believe my worst streak was on mithkabobs, where HQ is supposed to be like 50%+ .... and i didnt HQ anything for 2 stacks.... i was pissed ._.
 Kujata.Maidak
user: Maidak
By Kujata.Maidak 2009-03-09 04:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh i never even heard about wearing staffs
tahts kinda nuts imho but as a fellow alchimist with only 100+2 i've so far crafted 3/12 cuisses and 3/52 on hands and what i always did was wait til new moon and lights day another thing i also did was i didnt just synth 4-5 i made sure i would do @ least 10-20 since it plays the odds
 Asura.Reublucian
Server: Asura
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-09 04:58:09

I'm pretty sure SE confirmed that direction doesn't affect crafting at all. But I'm going off memory so. But yeah if you happen to make a cursed blood mail..shoot it my way dohohoh..seriously I'll buy it lol oh and yeah I've read some horror stories on crafting HQ cursed gear so I don't think its anything new to have some shitty HQ rates with cursed gear.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-09 06:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just bad luck unfortunately. Other than encouraging patience, nothing more anybody can do to help ;-;

Reublucian said:
I'm pretty sure SE confirmed that direction doesn't affect crafting at all.

Superstitions make me feel better!
 Gilgamesh.Noaratem
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Metaraon
By Gilgamesh.Noaratem 2009-03-09 08:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Reublucian said:

SE has NEVER EVER confirmed anything to do with crafting, and they never will !

Its sad u think they did. and IMO direction does make a difference !!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-09 08:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Noaratem said:
and they never will !

They will one day, but it'll probably take a group of people figuring it out first for them to confirm anything.
 Gilgamesh.Noaratem
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Metaraon
By Gilgamesh.Noaratem 2009-03-09 08:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

hehe, i would <3 if they did :p
 Alexander.Neph
Server: Alexander
user: Neph
By Alexander.Neph 2009-03-09 13:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ele staves...? Just put your Caduceus back on. :O
I've done enough crafting to be fairly certain that weather and direction don't really matter, but if there IS something I haven't been able to try yet...

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Maze_Rune_097
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-03-09 13:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Would getting Advanced Synth support help?
 Fenrir.Omnitank
Server: Fenrir
user: Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-03-09 14:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

When I try to HQ money synths I break of Nq the ***outta them.

When I make like garbage Guild Items or try to make items to make into other items I HQ them and can not use them..

I got Luck +1
 Kujata.Maidak
user: Maidak
By Kujata.Maidak 2009-03-09 22:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

lol you would be willing to server hop for a bloodmail?
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-09 23:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You've gotta remember that the % chance of HQ is very low. Let's say it's 5% (I'm sure it's lower, but let's say 5% anyway), that's a 1 in 20 chance EVERY time. It doesn't matter how many millions of NQ's you've just gotten, your chance of getting a HQ on your next synth is STILL 1 in 20, it does NOT mean that if you're 0/19 that you're guaranteed a HQ next attempt.

It's all luck, make as many as you can when you have the best conditions and cross your fingers.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-09 23:33:57

Maidak said:
lol you would be willing to server hop for a bloodmail?

lol

Noaratem said:
Reublucian said:

SE has NEVER EVER confirmed anything to do with crafting, and they never will !

Its sad u think they did. and IMO direction does make a difference !!

I'm pretty sure I've read a ton of times that direction doesn't make a difference at all, but then again, I'm not really positive, no need to get hyped up about it. =)
 Remora.Narse
Server: Remora
user: Narse
By Remora.Narse 2009-03-09 23:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've gone 0/96 on a tier 1 synth before..

Back when I used to do Scorpion Harnesses for gil I went 23/50 HQ with one break, crafting consistently on a particular day/facing/etc. Next 30 I did I HQ'd one and broke 8, maintaining all aspects that I did in the first 50 synths.

That pretty much convinced me that day/moon/facing don't do anything for you, or that if they do, it's too small to notice. I do facing cause it's easy to do but I don't wait around for day/moon any longer. I will avoid synthing on opposing days on expensive/rare stuff though if I can avoid it.
 Midgardsormr.Gsarivan
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Gsarivan
By Midgardsormr.Gsarivan 2009-03-09 23:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems rather random to me, I've been bringing up woodworking myself and I get tons of T0 HQ's all the time for no apparent reason, most of the time I even skill up on them XD. So far i've gotten 3 Mythic Harp +1s, 2 Cythara Angelica +1s and even an Eight-sided pole +1 (which has sub smithing 31, my smithing was at 30 at the time).
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-09 23:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Gsarivan said:
It seems rather random to me, I've been bringing up woodworking myself and I get tons of T0 HQ's all the time for no apparent reason, most of the time I even skill up on them XD. So far i've gotten 3 Mythic Harp +1s, 2 Cythara Angelica +1s and even an Eight-sided pole +1 (which has sub smithing 31, my smithing was at 30 at the time).
I hate you.

Narse said:
That pretty much convinced me that day/moon/facing don't do anything for you, or that if they do, it's too small to notice. I do facing cause it's easy to do but I don't wait around for day/moon any longer. I will avoid synthing on opposing days on expensive/rare stuff though if I can avoid it.
Someone told me that there is a difference from moon phase to moon phase, so even though it's full moon on earth day, this particular cycle may be very weak to earth or have no earth... I dunno, I think I offended her and she wouldn't give me more info, I've also never heard of this before and can't find any info on it, so it's probably BS. However, it would explain why sometimes X moon on Y day gets you incredible results all day, but the same moon/day at other times gets you nothing but breaks and NQ's.

Now supposing this is true, we just need to work out which moon cycles are best and wait around for a couple weeks to get the perfect crafting conditions :o
 Ragnarok.Glade
Server: Ragnarok
user: Glade98
By Ragnarok.Glade 2009-03-16 09:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just bad luck. Only other thing I'd suggest is to synth in batches, get enough mats for 24-36 synths and then start crafting away and dont stop till all your mats are used up. I just did this and went 2/31 on genie weskits.
 Bahamut.Revision
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-03-16 11:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I'll share my success. I won't even pretend to be modest about it, I've synthed the most blood gear on all servers. Right now I have 2 Mails, 2 feet, 7 hands, 3 legs and 1 mask. First thing, if you don't have moglification and enhancement, don't even waste your money or time yet. You have to get the GP items along with support for best HQ. With max alchemy (100+5), You should do about 10% HQ or better, which means at the current market prices, you need to HQ about 1/20 to make a profit. For high level dark crystal synths, face North. Day doesn't matter but I seem to have more success on full or new moons. Dragon Hearts, face east for HQ.

Bahamut is full of RMT price fixers right now but I have been able to keep them at bay for the time being.
 Fenrir.Classicred
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Classicred 2009-03-16 12:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

To OP: Its just bad luck and keep trying ~ Something IS bound to give and 100+3(+3 Support) is more than enough to make you hq fine.

To Revision: You sir need to be slapped! I challenge you to a synth off! You do not NEED Moglification. I do not have it and my current synth records are as follows - 0/12 Mails, 3/32 Masks, 86/302 Legs, 72/310 Hands, and 5/43 Feet,(And this is before I stopped counting last year) I have multiple SS's of doing 3-8 hq's in a row. I do NOT face North, and for hearts I do NOT face east to hq - I DO always synth on FM Darks - You can ask my ls members how much I stalk FM~

(Say hi2urelicgun)

My BC luck is not nearly as good but it does have its moments ~ 3/66 Gloves, 2/38 feet, 1/6 pants, 0/10 bodys, 0/0 hats~

In conclusion ~ Its all luck nothing more nothing less and yes I seem to have insanes amount of luck and I'm ok with that.
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-03-16 13:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

No offense, but if your planning on making a good profit off level 90-100 synths, its smart to get the GP items. Save your money and be patient getting guild pts. I've been synthing since 04 across Valefor, Bahamut and Odin. Impossible to keep track but at a guess: 120+ hands, 100+ legs, 20+ feet, 7 masks and 7 mails. I would love to see a SS of 8 HQ in a row. That would be awesome. Think the most most I've had is 3 but did 6/10 once :P

I average an HQ 1/10 and the mog enhancment items help a lot in breaks. I've seen a great improvement in HQ and less breaks since I've got it.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-16 17:47:44

Revision you looking to sell an blood mail ?
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-03-16 19:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Reublucian said:
Revision you looking to sell an blood mail ?

PM sent.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-17 04:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Reublucian, there are =99]20 crafters on your server that are able to attempt a blood mail, I'm sure one or two of them have succeeded and probably will be happy to try for a price, or already have one in their bazaar... Why look on other servers? O_o

Link fail: http://www.ffxiah.com/player_search.php?sid=28&alchemy[]=99
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-17 05:07:24

Asura sucks as far as alchemy goes
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-03-17 07:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Reublucian, there are =99]20 crafters on your server that are able to attempt a blood mail, I'm sure one or two of them have succeeded and probably will be happy to try for a price, or already have one in their bazaar... Why look on other servers? O_o

Link fail: http://www.ffxiah.com/player_search.php?sid=28&alchemy[]=99

Its not very common at all. If you look on ffxiah cross server history, only about one ever on each server. Also, one one on bazaar across all servers. I've already gotten 5 offers from othere servers.