Drakesbane Atmas?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » drakesbane atmas?
drakesbane atmas?
By Andylynn 2011-02-15 15:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i've recently just got apocalypse, and wasnt satisfied with the results. i hear of ridiculous numbers with triple attack procs, but i seem to not see these at all. i mean, the damage is excellent for a killing speed in exp, but i kind of do have a thrill for big numbers...

so heres my plight:
with SA/VV/RR, i can see numbers up into the 5-6k range, with my record being 6232 on mikey in la theine.

with apoc/vv/rr (only have tested on worms and peapuks, i havent had it long) i've seen anywhere from 1.8k-4k, with the best being 4.8k on seps(some idiot lost aggro and i needed it dead fast.)

so, it's either fill my epeen and get every mob to ~1-8% with 1 ws, and then melee it dead in a few hits, or have whittle it down with decent DPS/not so high but still ok ws dmg. which sounds better or more useful to a party scene?
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-02-15 15:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

epeen #'s go!
but wouldn't it depend how fast it takes you to get to 100% TP to do drakesbane? so unless you triple attack then you should be wsing at nearly the same rate? yup i'd definely do epeen way to nearly 1 shot stuff
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-15 15:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You probably are seeing them just not noticing them. A triple attack proc would only on average increase your dmg by 50% (less if you have double attack) but with pdif varying and crits and greater chance of getting a miss it would easy to miss without a rather big range.

Also you are skewing the results you present. On the setup you clearly like you aren't posting the lower results while you are posting really low stuff on the atma setup you don't like.

Also don't talk about what other buffs you have and such.
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2011-02-15 15:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually use RR/VV/apoc myself, and have seen 5k+ drakes plenty of times even when just running around solo as /whm. Maybe you just had bad luck with TA procs on WS? /shrug

Don't forget that the TA from apoc can proc on jumps as well, easily doing 1.5-2k damage and giving enough TP for another WS.
By Andylynn 2011-02-15 15:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
You probably are seeing them just not noticing them. A triple attack proc would only on average increase your dmg by 50% (less if you have double attack) but with pdif varying and crits and greater chance of getting a miss it would easy to miss without a rather big range. Also you are skewing the results you present.
im just assuming these high spikes are either a double or triple going off.

Quote:
On the setup you clearly aren't posting the lower results while you are posting really low stuff on the atma setup you don't like.
my apologies, i find myself fairly ambigious after typing these kind of questions:

average on pure ws: 3.5k, w/ no crit/double attack, itlldip as low as 2.2k. seen it hit as high as 5218 when tested on worms, nd then the record on mikey was with buffs listed below.

average on apoc set up: 2.5k, ive seen it hit as low as 750, and as high as 4.8k on seps. all of these tested on peapuks/that nm.

Quote:
Also don't talk about what other buffs you have and such.
typical cruor buffs, tier 1 temp items

hope thats enough information.

Quote:
Don't forget that the TA from apoc can proc on jumps as well, easily doing 1.5-2k damage and giving enough TP for another WS.
yeah, i did notice my jumps getting alot higher, thats one thing i enjoyed.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-15 15:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Use curry buns. Will help even things out alot
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-15 15:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/17368/third-atma-and-ws-gear-help/

Here is a nice thread where we already went over everything you're asking for 3 whole pages ^^. Hope that helps!

(Just noticed you had posted already in that thread too :x short term memory loss or just stimulating discussion?)
By Andylynn 2011-02-15 16:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

i posted in that thread 2 months ago x-, dont recall doing so lately. quite frankly im oblivious to other threads.