Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22277 22278 22279 ... 22553 22554 22555
By Viciouss 2022-10-01 18:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh a star ocean demo? okay
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-10-01 22:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Stadia is shutting down.

I mean, we knew it would since it was launched.
Ok, gonna poke the bear here outta sheer ignorance.

I thought Luna and Stadia would be sure things. Why did gamers not go for it? "ownership" of the games? I mean steam is well, gigantor. But you have to purchase those games.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-10-01 22:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the world doesn't have good enough internet to support cloud gaming. You had to buy the games on Stadia too despite not being able to save a local copy
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-01 23:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Most of the world doesn't have good enough internet to support cloud gaming. You had to buy the games on Stadia too despite not being able to save a local copy
My internet at my new house is probably good enough for it, but at my last place absolutely not. I was lucky to get more than 1 Mbps up.
By Draylo 2022-10-02 06:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems legit

YouTube Video Placeholder
By pepsitaru 2022-10-02 09:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-10-02 11:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Stadia is shutting down.

I mean, we knew it would since it was launched.
Ok, gonna poke the bear here outta sheer ignorance.

I thought Luna and Stadia would be sure things. Why did gamers not go for it? "ownership" of the games? I mean steam is well, gigantor. But you have to purchase those games.

No ownership of the games. Having to rely on the streaming service's library to be your library. Having to use Chrome or other devices you might not have/want in order to access it. Service also came with a free option to stream games at 1080p, but if you wanted the best experience, you were paying the sub fee for Stadia Pro. Also you still had to buy games(*ahem* cough, I mean buy the right to access THEIR games) that weren't under the free to play section of Stadia's library.

Then keep in mind that in order to actually experience the 4k and other big tech buzz stuff it offered, you had to have a computer and monitor capable of that, so most folks couldn't even get the full package even if they paid for it. Not too mention literal input latency, also causing a need for a Stadia specific controller, even though part of the appeal is supposed to be any HID class USB controller would work.

So basically, in spite of thinking they weren't being over ambitious, they were being over ambitious.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-10-02 11:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
So basically, in spite of thinking they weren't being over ambitious, they were being over ambitious.
Or they totally misread their market audience.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-10-02 18:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't help that Microsoft came out big *** swinging with a much more palatable service. Can stream any games on game pass which is already the best deal in gaming atm
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-02 20:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just given how these things always seem to go, I wonder how long it's going to be before the Game Pass idea gets utterly ruined.

Use it while it's still a good deal. It probably won't be long before it goes the way of movie streaming services.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-10-02 21:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It almost inevitably has to. I don't understand enough about the game licensing process to know how game pass is profitable for anyone cause it's nutty that a $5-15 monthly sub that gives you access to so many (even brand new day 1) games makes money for anyone involved. I guess it mostly banks on people who wouldn't buy them anyway?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-02 21:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It almost inevitably has to. I don't understand enough about the game licensing process to know how game pass is profitable for anyone cause it's nutty that a $5-15 monthly sub that gives you access to so many (even brand new day 1) games makes money for anyone involved. I guess it mostly banks on people who wouldn't buy them anyway?
I mean that's exactly what everyone's thoughts were on stuff like Netflix when its subscription was that low. Then other companies realized they could make more money by making their own subscriptions and pulled their products off of Netflix.

Pretty soon you'll have a Microsoft Game Pass, ABK Game Pass, EA Game Pass, Ubisoft Game Pass, Square-Enix Game Pass, etc. And each one's going to cost $19.99/mo.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-10-02 22:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbf there already was an EA game pass but it failed
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-10-03 01:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Viciouss 2022-10-03 08:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I mean that's exactly what everyone's thoughts were on stuff like Netflix when its subscription was that low. Then other companies realized they could make more money by making their own subscriptions and pulled their products off of Netflix.

Pretty soon you'll have a Microsoft Game Pass, ABK Game Pass, EA Game Pass, Ubisoft Game Pass, Square-Enix Game Pass, etc. And each one's going to cost $19.99/mo.

None of those publishers put out enough quality games to justify a monthly sub fee that takes the games away if you cancel. It's easier to just wait for a sale, buy the game and own it forever. Especially if you are going to play it for a long time.

Even Microsoft has struggled to support Game Pass at times. Acquiring Bethesda and Activision probably saved the service because their first party studios have fallen off the cliff. But even then, it's a better deal to just buy the game. Look at Overwatch 2, a game that will last for years. 60 bucks gets you 3 months of playtime on Game Pass...or until the servers go down.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-03 09:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
None of those publishers put out enough quality games to justify a monthly sub fee that takes the games away if you cancel. It's easier to just wait for a sale, buy the game and own it forever. Especially if you are going to play it for a long time.

Even Microsoft has struggled to support Game Pass at times. Acquiring Bethesda and Activision probably saved the service because their first party studios have fallen off the cliff. But even then, it's a better deal to just buy the game. Look at Overwatch 2, a game that will last for years. 60 bucks gets you 3 months of playtime on Game Pass...or until the servers go down.
Oh yeah, until they start making exclusives for it.

"Overwatch 3, coming soon! Only on ABK-Plus!"
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-10-03 09:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know why people with decked out i119(well decked out to me anyway) would be coming to Mamool Ja Staging point and killing all the Sea Puks in this day and age?
By Viciouss 2022-10-03 10:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »

Oh yeah, until they start making exclusives for it.

"Overwatch 3, coming soon! Only on ABK-Plus!"

Yeah but..on what console? Just saw the Stadia fail.
By RadialArcana 2022-10-03 10:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know why people with decked out i119(well decked out to me anyway) would be coming to Mamool Ja Staging point and killing all the Sea Puks in this day and age?

Ambuscade v2 key item to enter, 3 dragon kills (puk = dragon for key item.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-03 10:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »

Ambuscade v2 key item to enter, 3 dragon kills (puk = dragon for key item.
That's silly. Just run to the Home Point and take the port to Riverne. There's a whole mess of wyverns right there. In and out in like... 10 seconds lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-03 10:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but..on what console? Just saw the Stadia fail.
Could be on all consoles, or exclusives to individual consoles. It doesn't work yet because we still have a choice. When an established company starts hiding primo exclusives on it, you know someone's going to bite.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-03 11:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Mob killers at Mamajam Stage are sphere botters, the bots just have to kill the puks too

If it's the pack of 4 monk dbags, they're V2 ambu bots and that's the spot they picked this month, (he? they) make new accounts and do it every month. Ambu for the month, then they become salvage bots.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-10-03 12:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The only obvious bot seems to be a BLU with a couple of raptor riding alts. They always path the exact same way to the exact same spot cast some Spectral Floe spell I'm unfamiliar with, and then repeat a few minutes later always coming from the direction of Jade Sepulcher. This is on Odin.

The other folks showing up seem to be JP. One's a DRG, another's a Thief, and another is an Elvaan female whose job varies. I assume this grouping is the Ambuscade players, as they only show up intermittently, kill one group of specifically Puks or Skoffins and then leave for a while.

None of this has actually gotten in the way of what I'm doing on this character(Unlocking WSNM points, meriting etc.) I just find it really curious.
By Rips 2022-10-03 15:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

After coming off a long weekend I started work today and for some reason my password for my work laptop doesn't work. I know it's the right password.

The queue for IT to solve this is 1,500 tickets long and I'm scared my boss thinks I'm faking this. Send prayers.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-10-03 15:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If there ever was a need to reveal that old white guys run television, breaking in to college football games to interrupt them for coverage of a Yankee Outfielder stand and not hit homeruns has to be it. I guess its just going to take essentially all current executives at ESPN to kick the bucket before they realize that baseball hasn't been the national pastime in over 50 years, and current sports fans just don't care outside of 3 cities in this country.

tl;dr- don't freaking interrupt my Saturdays in the fall.
By Viciouss 2022-10-03 16:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

College football isn't even worth airing. The NCAA has lost all control and it has become the same 5 rich schools every year.
By Draylo 2022-10-03 17:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Companies still using "covid" as an excuse for literally everything. Charged a huge shipping fee on ebay from Australia and the guy sends it with some method that takes over a month to arrive. Wat? He says covid mate!
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-10-03 17:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

College football isn't even worth airing. The NCAA has lost all control and it has become the same 5 rich schools every year.

100% agree that College Football should break away from the NCAA and run themselves more like an EPL model adding profit sharing. They're (the NCAA) just so desperate to hold on to that golden goose they'll try anything, even horrible, uncontrollable ideas like NIL.

...it also helps when you were a fan of one of those 5 schools already and this is just unfair on your behalf lol^^ I will fully admit that :P
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-03 17:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Companies still using "covid" as an excuse for literally everything. Charged a huge shipping fee on ebay from Australia and the guy sends it with some method that takes over a month to arrive. Wat? He says covid mate!

Covid and/or no employees "want to work" and/or fuel surcharges are going to be rippling for a decade.

They're never going to willingly give up a free way to steal more money.
[+]
By Viciouss 2022-10-03 17:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Australia locked their country down pretty hard, not much is coming and going from there these days. They don't care about other countries at all.
First Page 2 3 ... 22277 22278 22279 ... 22553 22554 22555