Hardest Hitting DD. What Do You Think?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Hardest hitting DD. What do you think?
Hardest hitting DD. What do you think?
 Fairy.Charitey
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2010-12-23 14:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:
Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:

People need to play a class long enough to learn it IMO.
True to some extent, but you don't need to be 50 to know it. I knew what a PLD's role in a pty was in 11 without even touching it. The reason that people are using slashing on weak to blunt mobs is for 1 main reason: There is real database setup for mobs yet. In 11, we had ffxiclopedia that had a complete bestiary that told you everything you needed to know. We don't have that in 14 yet.

OR its because people THINK they know how to play this game. But they dont.

Anyone use incapacitation when they are leveling? Cause I sure as hell don't see people using it. OR even battle regimens for that matter.

People just don't know what they are doing and ACT like they do.

hence my elite attitude, NO I dont know everything about the game, here is my admission of guilt. BUT people that ACT like they do without experience or proof is just wasting everyone elses time with their BS
I've seen a ton of people using battle regiment in my LS so while that may be true for the majority, it is not true for all. I personally don't use it a lot because of 1 reason: There's absolutely no reason to at this point. Why waste time using a battle regiment that takes away from your attacking when you can just bum rush everything? For example: R 40 Guild leves. 4 Members in a party. 1 Gladiator, 1 con, 1 thm and 1 marauder. 5 star. 9 times out of 10, the mob dies before I can even cast a debuff on it, so why would I want to risk death by crippling myself and people in my party with the wait of a battle regiment?

And hence proves your ignorance.

Weaponskill weaponskill = 1st weaponskill at 100% damage, and 2nd one at 150% damage.

You're doing it wrong then if you arent using regimens. At the VERY least WS -> WS regimen.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-23 14:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:

My linkshell does have nearly ever class at 50, so I can say that I have a pretty good understanding of the classes. We are the only shell on our server downing NM's currently. Let me know when you kill one.
your ego is showing.
I miss you dubont.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-23 14:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Fairy.Charitey said:
Fairy.Charitey said:
Educated, hardly.

again, let me know when you are 50.
It's not hard to look at trends and come up with a reasonably intelligent guess of end points.

If MRD hits harder than ARC on normal hits 10-20, why should it be any different at 30, 40 or even 50.

Seems like you're just trying to 'show your superiority' and inject your level when it adds nothing to the thread. I agree with Dubont, get a life.

Because they get new skills as they rank up? new weapons? new armor? New mechanics? /shrug
Every class does. As one class grows, so do the others. Again, it's not hard plot past experiences and come up with a relatively accurate model of what the future holds.

As for people's ideas/opinions being null and void unless they have a 50, you're wrong. The only thing that would lend credit to having something at 50 making your opinion more valid is if you have EVERYTHING at 50..

So in your own words, since you want to go that route, let me know when you have everything at 50.

My linkshell does have nearly ever class at 50, so I can say that I have a pretty good understanding of the classes. We are the only shell on our server downing NM's currently. Let me know when you kill one.
So you're saying you can develop a pretty good understanding of a certain classes abilities and strength without having played it.

So then...
Quote:

What's that about?

I'm sorry to tear down your elite frame of mind, but you can't have it both ways. Either you need to play the class to learn it, in which case you telling anyone to get a rank 50 before speaking up is null and void, because you would need to get all jobs to 50, or people can form intelligent opinions that hold true without having anything at level 50.
[+]
 Fairy.Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2010-12-23 14:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:

your ego is showing. Besides, most of my LS members have 2 jobs at 50. Does that mean my observations matter now?

Thank you.
 Fairy.Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2010-12-23 14:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:
Fairy.Charitey said:
Fairy.Charitey said:
Educated, hardly.

It's not hard to look at trends and come up with a reasonably intelligent guess of end points.

If MRD hits harder than ARC on normal hits 10-20, why should it be any different at 30, 40 or even 50.

Seems like you're just trying to 'show your superiority' and inject your level when it adds nothing to the thread. I agree with Dubont, get a life.

Because they get new skills as they rank up? new weapons? new armor? New mechanics? /shrug
Every class does. As one class grows, so do the others. Again, it's not hard plot past experiences and come up with a relatively accurate model of what the future holds.

As for people's ideas/opinions being null and void unless they have a 50, you're wrong. The only thing that would lend credit to having something at 50 making your opinion more valid is if you have EVERYTHING at 50..

So in your own words, since you want to go that route, let me know when you have everything at 50.

So you're saying you can develop a pretty good understanding of a certain classes abilities and strength without having played it.

So then...
Quote:

What's that about?

I'm sorry to tear down your elite frame of mind, but you can't have it both ways. Either you need to play the class to learn it, in which case you telling anyone to get a rank 50 before speaking up is null and void, because you would need to get all jobs to 50, or people can form intelligent opinions that hold true without having anything at level 50.

You even know any rank 50s?

Hope so

Better yet, any in your LS?

Oh, and 1 more thing, read up, I admitted I didnt know everything about the classes, and nowhere in this thread have I stated that I did know more than anyone else. I stated that people that DONT know anything should stop QQing.
By Dubont 2010-12-23 14:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:
Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:
Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:

True to some extent, but you don't need to be 50 to know it. I knew what a PLD's role in a pty was in 11 without even touching it. The reason that people are using slashing on weak to blunt mobs is for 1 main reason: There is real database setup for mobs yet. In 11, we had ffxiclopedia that had a complete bestiary that told you everything you needed to know. We don't have that in 14 yet.

Anyone use incapacitation when they are leveling? Cause I sure as hell don't see people using it. OR even battle regimens for that matter.

hence my elite attitude, NO I dont know everything about the game, here is my admission of guilt. BUT people that ACT like they do without experience or proof is just wasting everyone elses time with their BS
I've seen a ton of people using battle regiment in my LS so while that may be true for the majority, it is not true for all. I personally don't use it a lot because of 1 reason: There's absolutely no reason to at this point. Why waste time using a battle regiment that takes away from your attacking when you can just bum rush everything? For example: R 40 Guild leves. 4 Members in a party. 1 Gladiator, 1 con, 1 thm and 1 marauder. 5 star. 9 times out of 10, the mob dies before I can even cast a debuff on it, so why would I want to risk death by crippling myself and people in my party with the wait of a battle regiment?

Weaponskill weaponskill = 1st weaponskill at 100% damage, and 2nd one at 150% damage.

You're doing it wrong then if you arent using regimens. At the VERY least WS -> WS regimen.
Doing it wrong? Yes, maybe, but why, at the current stage that the mobs are at, would I want to take extra time just to do 50% more damage when everything aside from NMs can be bum rushed in a shorter period of time for more damage?

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:

your ego is showing.
I miss you dubont.
Glad to see someone does.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-23 14:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:
Fairy.Charitey said:
Fairy.Charitey said:
Fairy.Charitey said:
Educated, hardly.

So then...
Quote:

What's that about?

You even know any rank 50s?

Hope so

Better yet, any in your LS?
Don't know haven't been on in awhile, doesn't matter though. Love how you just try and bypass/ignore my argument, though.
[+]
 Fairy.Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2010-12-23 14:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:

Fairy.Charitey said:
Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:
Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:

Doing it wrong? Yes, maybe, but why, at the current stage that the mobs are at, would I want to take extra time just to do 50% more damage when everything aside from NMs can be bum rushed in a shorter period of time for more damage?

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:

your ego is showing.
I miss you dubont.
Glad to see someone does.

You seriously dont get it,

XP per hour is the only thing that matters at this point to get to 50. Doing 2k more per hour by doing regimens IS the most effective way to level. End of story.

And that puts me back on my original point, if you aren't 50, you probably dont know this.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-23 14:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:

XP per hour is the only thing that matters at this point to get to 50. Doing 2k more per hour by doing regimens IS the most effective way to level. End of story.
someone is getting a bit excited over pixels, aren't we?
[+]
By Dubont 2010-12-23 14:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:

you get xp by kill, not by how much damage you do. Bum rushing > Battle regiment in terms of dmg per second. Why? Because in the time that it takes to pull off a battle regiment, you could have already got 3-4 hits in. 3-4 hits = 1.5 ws per person. Now, if there are 2 people, that makes 3 ws. 300% > 250%...just incase you can't do math.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-23 14:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fairy.Charitey said:

Isn't that one of the first things you expect from elitists?
[+]
 Fairy.Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2010-12-23 14:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, no actually its not faster.

A regimen at the beginning of a mob ensures a 1 regimen kill.

Execute it first and THATS a faster kill. Sorry. Wrong.

Edit: I think I should clarify.

Burn down 1 mob for TP.
Regimen down the next one for a 1 shot kill.
Regimen down another if you have TP, if not, go back to step 1 and get TP.

Faster than burning down them all.
By Dubont 2010-12-23 14:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:

to do this, you would have to ensure that the mob was not moving, did not aggro and everyone was in the proper position at the right time. Bum rushing is still better for non NM mobs.
 Fairy.Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2010-12-23 14:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:

to do this, you would have to ensure that the mob was not moving, did not aggro and everyone was in the proper position at the right time. Bum rushing is still better for non NM mobs.

Not my fault your party is all over the place lol.

You can tell when a party member has TP because their name is blue in the party window.

Another pro tip. You are welcome.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-23 14:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fairy.Charitey said:

Yeah especially ones that are questionable in regards to really being elite or not.
love how this thread started out in being hardest hitting DD and went to this though.
I sit here at work and think...maybe I'll try 14 out, but people like this are the exact reason I haven't yet.
[+]
 Fairy.Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2010-12-23 14:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad I can be of service.

Somebody has to stand up and smack kids in the face and say

"the reason you hate the game is cause you are doing it wrong"

Getting tired of

"WAHH SP IS BROKED" "THIS GAME SUCKS"

when players are simply doing it wrong.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-23 14:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fairy.Charitey said:

Yeah especially ones that are questionable in regards to really being elite or not.
love how this thread started out in being hardest hitting DD and went to this though.
I sit here at work and think...maybe I'll try 14 out, but people like this are the exact reason I haven't yet.
Meh, he's hardly indicative of the mindset of the general population in XIV.. The environment and people are actually far more inviting than it was in XI..

He's actually the first elitist I've seen in XIV yet.

Though, I'm sure more of his type are sure to come, eventually. There's just really not a whole lot to be elitist over at this point.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-23 14:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fairy.Charitey said:

Meh, he's hardly indicative of the mindset of the general population in XIV.. The environment and people are actually far more inviting than it was in XI..

He's actually the first elitist I've seen in XIV yet.

Though, I'm sure more of his type are sure to come, eventually. There's just really not a whole lot to be elitist over at this point.
first of what will probably be many.
 Fairy.Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2010-12-23 14:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope so, it needs a few. Otherwise the game is going to go to hell because all there will be is casuals that want their hands held and told what to do.

There is something to be said for figuring this stuff out on your own.

People are too lazy I guess
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-23 14:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Every online game will have elitists. No reason to not play.
By Dubont 2010-12-23 14:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:
Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:

You can tell when a party member has TP because their name is blue in the party window.

You missed the other 2 points: 1) Stationary mob 2) Non-aggro mob.

Also, in the time in takes to set up the battle regiment (which I just tried) we could have bum rushed and killed it. This is the test that I just did

Party 1: GLA, LNC, MRD, CON (battle regiment)
Party 2: GLA, LNC, MRD, THM (bum rush)

Both parties got into position on a leve imp.

Party 1 took 21 seconds to kill the imp on 4 star
Party 2 took 9 seconds to kill the imp on 4 star

Why?

Party 1 ended up having to reposition themselves when the imp moved out of range.

Due to this, we tried a second test on the second imp. This time, we voked it so that it wouldn't run away.

Party 1 took 17 seconds to kill imp on 4 star
Party 2 took 10 seconds to kill imp on 4 star

Why did party 1 take longer? The battle regiment took longer to activate than it took for party 2 to rush their imp to death.

Experience from the new FFXI should have told you that a zerg is more efficient 90% of the time. Take Kirin for example...and colibri camps..
 Fairy.Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2010-12-23 15:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:
Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:

Also, in the time in takes to set up the battle regiment (which I just tried) we could have bum rushed and killed it. This is the test that I just did

Why?

Party 1 ended up having to reposition themselves when the imp moved out of range.

Due to this, we tried a second test on the second imp. This time, we voked it so that it wouldn't run away.

Why did party 1 take longer? The battle regiment took longer to activate than it took for party 2 to rush their imp to death.

Experience from the new FFXI should have told you that a zerg is more efficient 90% of the time. Take Kirin for example...and colibri camps..

Ok, Ill bite.

#1: 1 person pulls. TADA stationary to do a regimen.

#2 you are killing imps, not XP mobs. Try something like Coblyns or Puks.

#3: If you weren't WSing in XP groups or skillchaining, you were playing FFXI wrong too. People did NOT sit on 300 tp forever and just NOT W/S...

Edit: few more things,
Were both "groups" you had equal level? equal skills on bars? Equal stat point allotment? Invalid post you just made. Too many variables.

Take your group, go XP for an hour by zerging down mobs. No breaks.

Take the SAME group, go regimen at the start of every 2nd or 3rd mob to 1 shot it.( or close, and tp off the rest of its health) Tell me which is better.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-23 15:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Being helpful&informative=good
Being informative&full of self entitlement=not good.
I haven't played the game yet so I can't really know what you're saying past that gobbledygook but meh.
I might play one of these days once I stop with XI.
[+]
 Fairy.Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2010-12-23 15:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It really IS a great game.

I came here trolling to hopefully put a few people that ARE playing the game wrong, in their place.

Please understand. Much of the bad hype about this game IS because people are playing it wrong...

And so I will leave, sorry for the butthurt to a few people, and even sorrier to people who had to watch.

Good luck everyone, I hope you enjoy the game.

Last note: Open your mind to more effective ways to level. Zerging is NEVER a developers intended way to grind I can guarantee you that. Start using EFFECTIVE skills, play to monster weaknesses, use regimens, and enjoy the fruits of more SP per hour.

Good luck getting to 50, it was a lot of work for me and my friends, but the game REALLY opens up later on. I hope you all stay for the ride.
By Dubont 2010-12-23 15:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:
Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:
Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:

Why?

Ok, Ill bite.

#1: 1 person pulls. TADA stationary to do a regimen.

#2 you are killing imps, not XP mobs. Try something like Coblyns or Puks.

#3: If you weren't WSing in XP groups or skillchaining, you were playing FFXI wrong too. People did NOT sit on 300 tp forever and just NOT W/S...

Edit: few more things,
Were both "groups" you had equal level? equal skills on bars? Equal stat point allotment? Invalid post you just made. Too many variables.

Take your group, go XP for an hour by zerging down mobs. No breaks.

Take the SAME group, go regimen at the start of every 2nd or 3rd mob to 1 shot it. Tell me which is better.
#1: We did that on the second test
#2: These are leve mobs on 4 star which are a little more difficult than any exp mob that I've seen
#3: Zerging in 11 involved Ws as well...so of course zerging in 14 involves them

Both groups consisted of the same people aside from the CON and THM being different. While there is a small margin of error, my test was not invalid.
By Tankue 2010-12-23 15:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to the topic..
I would have to vote for archer being the top DD at the moment, with lancer and pug as a close second.

@Dub
Battle regimen is useful, two trials at using it doesn't validate how good it is. Especially for fights that take a matter of seconds.
[+]
By Dubont 2010-12-23 15:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Tankue said:
Back to the topic..
I would have to vote for archer being the top DD at the moment, with lancer and pug as a close second.

@Dub
Battle regimen is useful, two trials at using it doesn't validate how good it is. Especially for fights that take a matter of seconds.
I never said it was completely useless. I said that it isn't needed on most of the mobs in the game. I have yet to fight a mob, aside from the NMs, that took more than a few seconds. Battle regiment just adds more time to fighting those mobs. Now, for NMs, I've seen some use for it, but on mobs that you would normally kill for exp, zerg appears to be better.
 Midgardsormr.Fireheart
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Fireheart 2010-12-23 18:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohohoho...man did this thread get derailed pretty hard ;)

I played FFXI for 7 years, and you can ask anyone who knew me that I was very elitist, and what this Charitey person is forgetting is this game is entirely new. None of us start out elite and if you did you're spoiled and really dont deserve the status. Another thing you're forgetting is NONE of this stuff is explained in game, AT ALL. Hell, before this topic came up I had no idea what battle regimen was, or that it existed, and is this my fault? No, it isn't.. I've spent plenty of time researching this game and trying to understand how to be better but there is a ton of stuff to know, and as you all know, if you dont look for it with 3rd party sites you're not going to find it.

In short, the game is NEW, stop being an elitist jerk and CONTRIBUTE if you HAVE to be one. I got nothing from what you've said, just leading to more ignorance ;/

OT: From what I've seen I have to put my money on archer.. multishot around 20 is pretty awesome, and I'm sure they just get better and better..downside is they're pretty squishy lol

Edit: Hi dubont ^^b

Fairy.Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2010-12-23 18:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I am 100% willing to contribute, but not to people that assume too much and think they know how to play.

My sharing of information goes out to those who want it, and those who are willing to try something new. Not the people who make assumptions and think that THIS game is FFXI #2
By Unmei 2010-12-23 19:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:
It really IS a great game.

I came here trolling to hopefully put a few people that ARE playing the game wrong, in their place.

Please understand. Much of the bad hype about this game IS because people are playing it wrong...

And so I will leave, sorry for the butthurt to a few people, and even sorrier to people who had to watch.

Good luck everyone, I hope you enjoy the game.

Last note: Open your mind to more effective ways to level. Zerging is NEVER a developers intended way to grind I can guarantee you that. Start using EFFECTIVE skills, play to monster weaknesses, use regimens, and enjoy the fruits of more SP per hour.

Good luck getting to 50, it was a lot of work for me and my friends, but the game REALLY opens up later on. I hope you all stay for the ride.

Hey why don't you stfu and make a thread explaining to people how to sp correctly. You say your ls is full of 50's well make a guide and post that ***or else Kick Rocks.
[+]