Hardest Hitting DD. What Do You Think?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Hardest hitting DD. What do you think?
Hardest hitting DD. What do you think?
First Page 2 3 4
By DeadPool98 2010-12-22 18:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I have played every DD in the game and can't really decide what I think hits hardest. I think archer might be but I don't have any jobs past 30 even so I can't make a really informed decision. I'm not in a large shell to compare either. I can just base my opinion off my experience which is fairly limited. That being said, what do you all think?
[+]
By Dubont 2010-12-22 22:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

DeadPool98 said:
I have played every DD in the game and can't really decide what I think hits hardest. I think archer might be but I don't have any jobs past 30 even so I can't make a really informed decision. I'm not in a large shell to compare either. I can just base my opinion off my experience which is fairly limited. That being said, what do you all think?
I would say Marauder based off of 1 single hit (spike dmg) and PUG based off of DoT. LNC is good for a ton of AoE dmg from what I've seen and Archer seems to be in second place behind Marauder..in my opinion.
By Stronglove 2010-12-22 22:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno. Thaumaturge can hit NMs for 1136 every 3 minutes with Shadowsear, but more regularly hit for 757... we also hit marmots for the same damage range though. It's a weird spell that doesn't follow normal rules.

Conjurers are pretty sick too while burning Blood Rite and/or Profundity.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By KiranRedtail 2010-12-23 07:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

As a 37 Archer doing R40 guild leves with a variety of team mates, I haven't really seen any one class stand out as the highest damage dealing, though I'm certainly not hitting for 400 dmg per arrow with MS/RS/HE on any real R40 mob like a Mongrel, Pieste or Dreamtoad. (Weevil Bow, Shell Arrows, 153 Strength). On certain low p.def mobs like gnats, imps, and those blasted spiders, it's definitely pretty high though.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-23 09:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

From my experiences, I'd say it's pretty close for MRD and ARC. Under just the right circumstances, an ARC could do more damage than my MRD (I did a lot of duoing with an ARC) but it is a very specific set of variables (one of which needs the mob not already engaged, at least for a guaranteed hit). Just swing for arrow or WS for WS though, MRD wins.
 Asura.Carl
Server: Asura
By Asura.Carl 2010-12-23 12:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

archer can use almost every buff from every class and have class specific abilities that have multishots
By Unmei 2010-12-23 12:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I was playing Pug and Lnc. I recently put Lnc on tha back burner and have been going Pug full steam. Pug can either DD or Tank and I must say out of all the DoW the only one that pulls hate from me is ARC.
By Dubont 2010-12-23 13:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carl said:
archer can use almost every buff from every class and have class specific abilities that have multishots
every DoW and DoM class can use almost every buff from every class...Archer is no different >.> Multishot isn't always best
By Unmei 2010-12-23 14:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
Asura.Carl said:
every DoW and DoM class can use almost every buff from every class...Archer is no different >.> Multishot isn't always best

Yeah Multi shot is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE it caused so many links I just hate then ARC's spam that ***forcing the tank to work extra hard to taunt all tha dam links.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-23 14:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Unmei said:
Dubont said:
Asura.Carl said:

Yeah Multi shot is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE it caused so many links I just hate then ARC's spam that ***forcing the tank to work extra hard to taunt all tha dam links.
I think you're confusing Multishot with Wide Volley (or possibly Arrow Helix). Multishot shoots multiple arrows at a single target. Multishot can't cause linking (well of course unless the mobs would link when one is engaged, and in that case it's still not Multishot causing the link).
 Fairy.Charitey
Server: Fairy
user: Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2010-12-23 14:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

How many of you are 50?

Let me know when you are.
[+]
By Dubont 2010-12-23 14:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:
How many of you are 50?

Let me know when you are. Then make a post.
Do you have a life?

Let me know when you do. Then make a post.
[+]
 Fairy.Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2010-12-23 14:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:
How many of you are 50?

Do you have a life?

Says the guy trolling FFXIV highest damage threads with no rank 50 and no way to back his claims up,

GG
By Dubont 2010-12-23 14:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:
Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:
How many of you are 50?

Do you have a life?

Says the guy trolling FFXIV highest damage threads with no rank 50 and no way to back his claims up,

GG
I'm not trolling anything. I'm merely making an educated guess based off of my experiences with the game and the people in my LS. If anyone is trolling, it's you as you have not contributed to this thread in the least bit.
[+]
 Fairy.Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2010-12-23 14:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Educated, hardly.

again, let me know when you are 50.
By Dubont 2010-12-23 14:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:
Educated, hardly.

Again, let me know when you get a life outside of a video game, kthx.

Contribute or gtfo.

Edit: What you're doing is pretty much what elitists did in 11. According to them, you have to have a job at max level to know how to play it...which is severely wrong.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-12-23 14:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hope the game doesn't devolve into 2-3 master race classes. I.E. certain multi class builds that are better than everything and you're gimp and should quit the game if you aren't using that master build. I'm fine with the versatility and leveling multiple classes to use traits and abilities for one class but I'm just worried about the system in place in XIV.

As I'm worried about many things related to XIV at the moment.

Here's hoping!
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-23 14:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:
Educated, hardly.

It's not hard to look at trends and come up with a reasonably intelligent guess of end points.

If MRD hits harder than ARC on normal hits 10-20, why should it be any different at 30, 40 or even 50.

Seems like you're just trying to 'show your superiority' and inject your level when it adds nothing to the thread. I agree with Dubont, get a life.
[+]
 Fairy.Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2010-12-23 14:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope it DOES turn into Min/Maxing.

Many players I come across are using slashing weaponskills on mobs that are weak to blunt and so on.

People need to play a class long enough to learn it IMO. And getting to 50 isn't hard.
 Fairy.Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2010-12-23 14:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Fairy.Charitey said:
Educated, hardly.

It's not hard to look at trends and come up with a reasonably intelligent guess of end points.

If MRD hits harder than ARC on normal hits 10-20, why should it be any different at 30, 40 or even 50.

Seems like you're just trying to 'show your superiority' and inject your level when it adds nothing to the thread. I agree with Dubont, get a life.

Because they get new skills as they rank up? new weapons? new armor? New mechanics? /shrug

Sounds like you guys think you know the game when you haven't even played it.
 Asura.Carl
Server: Asura
By Asura.Carl 2010-12-23 14:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

unless someone solo'ed to 50 i would take there advice over anybody elses ex. more time played able to see who does what on what type of mobs things like that
By Dubont 2010-12-23 14:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:

People need to play a class long enough to learn it IMO.
True to some extent, but you don't need to be 50 to know it. I knew what a PLD's role in a pty was in 11 without even touching it. The reason that people are using slashing on weak to blunt mobs is for 1 main reason: There is no real database setup for mobs yet. In 11, we had ffxiclopedia that had a complete bestiary that told you everything you needed to know. We don't have that in 14 yet.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-23 14:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:
Fairy.Charitey said:
Educated, hardly.

Because they get new skills as they rank up? new weapons? new armor? New mechanics? /shrug
Every class does. As one class grows, so do the others. Again, it's not hard plot past experiences and come up with a relatively accurate model of what the future holds.

As for people's ideas/opinions being null and void unless they have a 50, you're wrong. The only thing that would lend credit to having something at 50 making your opinion more valid is if you have EVERYTHING at 50..

So in your own words, since you want to go that route, let me know when you have everything at 50.
[+]
 Fairy.Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2010-12-23 14:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:

True to some extent, but you don't need to be 50 to know it. I knew what a PLD's role in a pty was in 11 without even touching it. The reason that people are using slashing on weak to blunt mobs is for 1 main reason: There is real database setup for mobs yet. In 11, we had ffxiclopedia that had a complete bestiary that told you everything you needed to know. We don't have that in 14 yet.

OR its because people THINK they know how to play this game. But they dont.

Anyone use incapacitation when they are leveling? Cause I sure as hell don't see people using it. OR even battle regimens for that matter.

People just don't know what they are doing and ACT like they do.

hence my elite attitude, NO I dont know everything about the game, here is my admission of guilt. BUT people that ACT like they do without experience or proof is just wasting everyone elses time with their BS

I can say in 100% faith that myself and the people I play with are way ahead of the curve in this game. I sit back sometimes and look at everyone squander around making assumptions and crying because SP sucks after 30 for example.

News flash, SP doesnt CHANGE after 30, its just more SP to level.

Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-23 14:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:
Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:

True to some extent, but you don't need to be 50 to know it. I knew what a PLD's role in a pty was in 11 without even touching it. The reason that people are using slashing on weak to blunt mobs is for 1 main reason: There is real database setup for mobs yet. In 11, we had ffxiclopedia that had a complete bestiary that told you everything you needed to know. We don't have that in 14 yet.

Anyone use incapacitation when they are leveling? Cause I sure as hell don't see people using it. OR even battle regimens for that matter.

hence my elite attitude, NO I dont know everything about the game, here is my admission of guilt. BUT people that ACT like they do without experience or proof is just wasting everyone elses time with their BS
Getting a job to 50 =/= experience or proof of anything. For all anyone knows, you paid someone to level your job to 50, or you just solo'd it with nothing more than normal swings.
 Fairy.Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2010-12-23 14:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:
Fairy.Charitey said:
Educated, hardly.

Every class does. As one class grows, so do the others. Again, it's not hard plot past experiences and come up with a relatively accurate model of what the future holds.

As for people's ideas/opinions being null and void unless they have a 50, you're wrong. The only thing that would lend credit to having something at 50 making your opinion more valid is if you have EVERYTHING at 50..

So in your own words, since you want to go that route, let me know when you have everything at 50.

My linkshell does have nearly ever class at 50, so I can say that I have a pretty good understanding of the classes. We are the only shell on our server downing NM's currently. Let me know when you kill one.
By Dubont 2010-12-23 14:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:
Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:

I've seen a ton of people using battle regiment in my LS so while that may be true for the majority, it is not true for all. I personally don't use it a lot because of 1 reason: There's absolutely no reason to at this point. Why waste time using a battle regiment that takes away from your attacking when you can just bum rush everything? For example: R 40 Guild leves. 4 Members in a party. 1 Gladiator, 1 con, 1 thm and 1 marauder. 5 star. 9 times out of 10, the mob dies before I can even cast a debuff on it, so why would I want to risk death by crippling myself and people in my party with the wait of a battle regiment?
[+]
 Fairy.Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2010-12-23 14:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:
Dubont said:
Fairy.Charitey said:

Getting a job to 50 =/= experience or proof of anything. For all anyone knows, you paid someone to level your job to 50, or you just solo'd it with nothing more than normal swings.

Yep, solod to 50 with normal swings, you found me out.

wonderful logic.

10/10
By Dubont 2010-12-23 14:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Charitey said:

My linkshell does have nearly ever class at 50, so I can say that I have a pretty good understanding of the classes. We are the only shell on our server downing NM's currently. Let me know when you kill one.
your ego is showing. Besides, most of my LS members have 2 jobs at 50. Does that mean my observations matter now?
[+]
First Page 2 3 4