How Hard Would It Be To Solo Coins Of Glory?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Walk of Echoes » How hard would it be to solo Coins of Glory?
How hard would it be to solo Coins of Glory?
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-12-22 13:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious. I see there's a 'small' chance Cyanic Crabs can drop them. Thinking about working on Maschu+2 cause the 2 upgrades with Crests are almost nothing. 30 Coins of Glory would prolly take me the longest to get so I figure I'll try and get those 30 before I even start.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-12-22 13:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It would take you a looooong time. Even with the new drops rates.

Funny enough I went as PLD/WHM last night to sack pull conflux 2 for my linkshell and I got first place chest (near 11k exp) and a pouch of glory coins.

Your best bet is find a couple of friends and duo/trio crabs if you have no way of clearing any confluxes. Big tip on conflux #1 do not kill the baby crabs with a ws.
 Asura.Darkultima
Server: Asura
By Asura.Darkultima 2010-12-22 13:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

In 5months ish of woe to get my coin of adv, i think i only got 1 solo lol.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-22 14:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

This is entirely luck based. I spent like 3 months of doing walk of echoes to finish my decay coins in a linkshell.

Two weekends ago I went to random runs and walked away with 23 glory coins and 25 advancement coins from a single weekend. I had already had the additional glory and advancement from the time with linkshell runs, so I finished them that weekend.

I lucked out incredibly. I placed in 6 of the runs and got a chest. 5 of my 6 chests had either pouches of glory or advancement.

Sadly it's luck based like the game used to be in the old days. You could get 30 coins in a weekend or you could get 3 coins in a month.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-12-22 14:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
This is entirely luck based. I spent like 3 months of doing walk of echoes to finish my decay coins in a linkshell. Two weekends ago I went to random runs and walked away with 23 glory coins and 25 advancement coins from a single weekend. I had already had the additional glory and advancement from the time with linkshell runs, so I finished them that weekend. I lucked out incredibly. I placed in 6 of the runs and got a chest. 5 of my 6 chests had either pouches of glory or advancement. Sadly it's luck based like the game used to be in the old days. You could get 30 coins in a weekend or you could get 3 coins in a month.

Its because they changed the drop rate on coins, that helps too.
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-12-22 14:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I can join you on the runs Bojack if i'm not doint an LS event, although I will be gone for 2weeks on friday :(
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-22 14:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's very easy. The mobs are easily solo'd by many jobs.

Easy doesn't mean it won't take a long *** time and be tedious though. The actual process of is easy as ***, you'll just be doing it for a long time.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-22 14:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'd like to help out. I need some coins too
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2010-12-22 22:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been going for coins of birth in conflux 1. The crabs can be soloed pretty easily. The problem I have is the limited amounts of soloable pulls. Really the one in the left corner is the only one I can do, so if more than one comes down after it dies I'm stuck. Does anyone with more experience with conflux 1 have a good strat for this?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-22 22:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero said:
I've been going for coins of birth in conflux 1. The crabs can be soloed pretty easily. The problem I have is the limited amounts of soloable pulls. Really the one in the left corner is the only one I can do, so if more than one comes down after it dies I'm stuck. Does anyone with more experience with conflux 1 have a good strat for this?
Do conflux 3 if you're soloing. The pulls are much better.
 Alexander.Miradj
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Miradj 2010-12-22 23:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero said:
Really the one in the left corner is the only one I can do, so if more than one comes down after it dies I'm stuck. Does anyone with more experience with conflux 1 have a good strat for this?

Yeah, some runs you only get to kill that corner one, but some runs you get a bunch of nice single mobs. When I got stuck after 1 mob, I would just exit and do #3 while waiting on #1 cooldown, or try to get in with the JP's #2 runs.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-22 23:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

3 is better for solo, I'd only ever do 1 solo if I were waiting on 3 cooldown.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-22 23:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What jobs best for soloing those?
 Unicorn.Raezy
Server: Unicorn
user: Raezy
By Unicorn.Raezy 2010-12-22 23:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I ran a WoE linkshell for awhile, until people quit showing up for event, but anyway from our experience if you're going to try and solo your coins conflux #3 would be your best bet. We used to trio Antlions in #3 when not enough showed up for Slime boss runs.

Drop rate seems to be about 7-10% on any random coin dropping from the lesser Antlions. We saw 11 coins drop from roughly 140 Antlions. (7.86%)

Drop rate seems much greater on Bosses. I've seen slime bosses drop up to 5 coins at once. I've only ever seen more than 1 coin from a lesser slime once, which was 2 coins of birth. Never more than one from a lesser Antlion.

We're still unsure if TH effects coin drop rate or not, because its more of a message that says "the monster was concealing a coin" not really an actual drop like with other mobs. From eyeballing it, we seemed to have the same results with or without TH.

Feel free to reply or send me a PM if you have any other questions or need strategy help. :) good luck!
 Unicorn.Raezy
Server: Unicorn
user: Raezy
By Unicorn.Raezy 2010-12-22 23:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

@dasva dnc/nin, nin/dnc, pld/dnc, mnk/dnc, maybe rdm/dnc. . . maybe blu. the one lesser ant has a silence move, so id suggest /dnc to remove that unless you want to burn lots of echo drops. also saw a kclub off hand weilding bst tear them up, not sure how a bst would do without kclub probably okay still though.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-22 23:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
What jobs best for soloing those?
Not sure, but I've seen plenty of jobs doing so. I just went mnk/dnc, worked fine.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2011-01-25 14:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

can you kill any Bosses in the lower conflux's duo? (like nin/dnc+rdm or whm or another nin?)
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-25 14:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw a pup and a dnc almost duo ant boss
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [62 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Zoltar
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-03-28 14:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva would you want to try and duo some this week? I haven't tried it yet but looking for a lowman group for occasional WoE. Lemme know