users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The most emberassing thing you ever did in FFXI
The most emberassing thing you ever did in FFXI
 Diabolos.Megatron
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
By Diabolos.Megatron 2010-12-22 13:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

2004 lvl 55 xping in the tree. thf goes afk party leader asks me to go pull. im all kk. i see a crab hit the old pull macro. take off running back to the party and there all running away from me. i'm like ok we moving camp? i proceed to chase them. then i fall over dead. i notice the PLD had provoked it and was dead. i kilt them all. stil lto this day if i get bored or anoyed i go fine that little bastage and stomp a mud home in his had shelled ar$e....

i enter the zone and shout....
AQUARIS!!! ITS PAYBACK TIME

there was the time i was in sky with my newly formed egls. we were on our first god run. when one of the peeps got to close to one of the doll mobs and it argoed came out of its hole and started to chase him he reached the tele pad . and me (insert the red hero here) descides to save my LS mate i pump the old sleep macro. all proud with myself i saved a hommie. and i watch him tele to the next area and then i fall over dead. the elemental and 2 other mobs who argo magic thought i looked tastey.
 Cerberus.Najla
Server: Cerberus
user: Najla
By Cerberus.Najla 2010-12-22 13:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine was a typo maybe three years back. I don't remember exactly what I was saying in pary, but we were camping for someones Joyouse. I was chatting and had a pretty terrible typo ...I meant to type "bigger" but hit N key instead of B key. Just so happens the person we were helping camp was a very sensitive black male, and everyone in the party kept talking about it and brining it up. I felt like crap lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-22 13:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Taigatan said:
Called for Help on Jorm... was like 4 years ago... spent a long long time getting it down to 20%, then spent another <long time> keeping it just at 20% with half the people there dead... everything was so nutty and it was first time on such a big kill... someone goes... "omg call for help on the adds so the outside pt can get it"... so I did what anyone good direction follower would do... and called for help... not realizing that a min or so earlier my pt leader, blm pt, accepted the invite to the main alliance... gdi...

Almost as good as the time I made some comment about how the entire LS was sucking on some chicks tata's and that's why she was getting RDM af hat in line before everyone else and when it drops we should all just lot it and then realized I was in LS chat.

should have rolled with it, to save face :D
 Shiva.Ninaa
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Ninaa 2010-12-22 13:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asking a friend to come raise me after getting killed in Tahrongi canyon as a 70+ BLU mage because I was *** around and used Self Destruct to kill a chain of mobs after one of them had cast Dia on me.
[+]
 Caitsith.Markus
Server: Caitsith
user: Markus
By Caitsith.Markus 2010-12-23 00:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

One time while crafting in Windy I got invited to a PT over in ToAU as my SMN/WHM. I go drop off my mats and grab my weapons and use the Olduum ring to get out there. I chocobo out to the PT and just as I'm getting there someone asks the JP BLM for a D2, and before I know it I'm back in windy (was set there for OP, and Choco raising) And since this was preteleports, and didn't feel like taking the 15-30min boat ride said my goodbyes and went back to crafting >.>
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2010-12-23 00:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... I remember a time when I logged in right after a Maintenance, and a RDM friend and I (also RDM) ran out to the Citadel to camp Serket. We were both /NIN, but I thought I was all badass with my dual sword action and thought to straight tank it with Joytoy and Guespiere, of all weapons.

Anyway, my friend managed to snag claim on the Scorp when he popped. So, I figured the two of us could duo him by blink tanking back and forth. Meanwhile, I got this one guy giving me these tells about how I'm a moron and so on. I didn't reply back, and kept thinking I'd get Serket down and prove to the world how awesome a blink tank my RDM was.

Later, when my friend and I were laying on the ground dead after not even denting Serket's HP, that same guy sent another tell giving me ***once again. Too embarrassed to deal with it, I just did a Home Point warp. Yeah... never camped Serket again after that.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2010-12-23 01:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Najla said:
Mine was a typo maybe three years back. I don't remember exactly what I was saying in pary, but we were camping for someones Joyouse. I was chatting and had a pretty terrible typo ...I meant to type "bigger" but hit N key instead of B key. Just so happens the person we were helping camp was a very sensitive black male, and everyone in the party kept talking about it and brining it up. I felt like crap lol.

o.o

zxcvbnm,.

Edit: After Reading Najla story how many of you stared at the keyboard to look where 'B' and 'N' were?
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 01:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

not I, I know they're together... then again I type by feel so I have to memorize the keys.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-23 01:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not checking my subjob before entering salvage and trying to deal with being a mnk/blm for 100 min.

35 usu head dropped though ... /blm: the new koki
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-23 01:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

"Man, you rub so fast!" to a certain special female friend of mine. She was on dnc and was *running* fast so I meant to say run instead of rub. I really felt awkward.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-12-23 01:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably one of the dumber things I've done. But I was transferring gear between a mule and my main character. Long story short, I transferred a sha'ir manteel, PPC, Lu shangs, and a couple other marginally expensive things.

I ended up losing it all because I deleted the mule I sent it to before deleting the character I sent it from. I called a GM in the confusion, realized it was my fault, felt dumb, etc.

This when the gear was worth about 10 milltion :<
By Halfpint 2010-12-23 11:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

They have changed this...in 2005 (2004?) I had just gotten convert on my first char.. and first job above 35 as well so i was pretty ignorant about how things worked. I was in a pt as back-up healer, resting for mp and the pt leader asked me if i had convert. I did, so i converted and everything was fine. Ran out of mp. Literally had 0 mp... so i converted not understanding that 0 mp =0 hp and died. I got teased about this for weeks. Like i said this has been changed since then.

First dynamis...I was told to enfeeb.... I asked which spells...they said just enfeeb. So I'm watching other ppl para, slow, ect on sleeping mobs..and decide since they are doing those spells i would use a different spell.. so i Dia'd a Smn.... don't need to say more because you all know the consequences. The entire LS exploded with WFT and other assorted curses. I also told them to scroll up to where i had asked for specific information and they backed off calling me names. To this day, when i go into a new area or a fight that is new to me i ask "what are the no-no's"

Most recent was a MT...I was complaining about a lazy whm in the ls and it went to /p and not /t......".I should not be hasting the pt, doing buffs, curing, enfeebs, while a Whm stands there doing nothing for 15 minutes with full MP". There were alot of O.o...and O.O...one "you tell them" (another Rdm who usually had her pt). I guess i opened the way to a regular *** fest of complaints and accusations. Anyhow, it was 15 more minutes before the whm "came back" to the game. Seems they had gone to the store for a soda and "forgot" to tell ppl.

Luz
By Luz 2010-12-23 11:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Najla said:
omg lmao! Poor Najla :(
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-12-23 11:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That big Invincible macro right next to the Invisible macro on PLD/NIN
Ivinc
Invis

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-23 11:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you macro a 2hr? lol...

I think the only time I ever macro a 2hr was Hundred fists because I switch in attack and accuracy gear > haste gear.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-23 12:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose for me it would be not so much the action as the cause.

It was way back, when you'd fight beetles in Crawler's Nest at whatever level... We were at the camp where there were also a bunch of sapplings, I was casting my enfeebs and hit Diaga.. Diaga-ing 6+ sapplings (while party is still engaged with a beetle) would be bad enough, but the embarrassing part is admitting to the party that I had Diaga macro'd, and not just a special macro set for like creating trains or anything, no it was on my party macro, where you'd find Gravity, Poison, Bio, Dia, Paralyze, Slow etc.

I haven't really had too many embarrassing moments in XI, I wasn't a great player, but I was pretty competent, not having my head up my *** thinking I'm the ***combined with actually being competent spared me making too many embarrassing mistakes I think.. I made my share of mistakes, but not many I would deem embarrassing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rienea
user: Riee
By Bahamut.Rienea 2010-12-23 12:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
I've done 2 things horribly embarrassing, first Dyna-Windy I did, managed to go to cast stoneskin and page down once too many and casted recall-jugner by accident...

another was targeting the wrong eye to nuke in Dyna-Xar

both were just /facepalm and I would have let everyone involved in both slap the ***out of me twice for both.

I was there for both of those.

I kinda laugh about Xarc now. Others don't.
 Bismarck.Yuzumoo
user: Yuzuchan
By Bismarck.Yuzumoo 2010-12-23 12:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the more recent things I remember doing was joining an abyssea exp party after scars had just been released. Standing at the maw trying to figure out why I can't go in when I had not bought the expansion yet was embarassing >.<

And then I did the same thing when heroes was released, except I was going in with just a friend... so slightly less embarrassing I guess ._.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-23 12:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Last night as a matter of fact.....

We went into a run against Rani to test the waters. This was our first fight against Rani and no one purchased brews. We went at it relatively unprepared. I had read up but i assumed this was going to be a "dry run and wipe after learning a few things".
Aparently after proc'ing red and (painfully) slowly getting it down to 42ish% we decided to go for the kill. Let me re-iterate that we were not exactly prepared. Several jobs were in the wrong parties. My roomate was SMN of all things.
Long story short we ended up having a couple partial wipes. Everyone was tired and in "not listen" mode. A couple members were screaming bloody murder about "rage" and getting everyones dander up. No matter how many times I tried to tell people to calm down and regroup, and that Rani switches to IV agas instead of III after 50%, everyone was scattering and becoming more disorganized. We had farted around too long and let her get her 90% -pdt up and was resisting dispel and finale by this point.

Here's the most embarassing part: We had multitudes of people from our server come by at different intervals during this "zombie apocalypse" and several dozen people, including some of whom I have had negative dealings with in the past, watched us look like a valkurm dunes party.

I am dissapoint :|

(This isn't to say I do not have faith in our LS. I am positive we can do it easily after those mistakes. I just felt like an assclown last night)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-23 12:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really embarrassing, more like mean but I once told my LS that Shiki was up, which they had been camping previously. They rushed to Ro'Maeve and began magic aggroing things, eventually dying from it. At that point I said "jk lol" and they all got so pissed off at me they wouldn't heal or raise me during events for a while
By Rieekil 2010-12-23 12:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Last night as a matter of fact.....

We went into a run against Rani to test the waters. This was our first fight against Rani and no one purchased brews. We went at it relatively unprepared. I had read up but i assumed this was going to be a "dry run and wipe after learning a few things".
Aparently after proc'ing red and (painfully) slowly getting it down to 42ish% we decided to go for the kill. Let me re-iterate that we were not exactly prepared. Several jobs were in the wrong parties. My roomate was SMN of all things.
Long story short we ended up having a couple partial wipes. Everyone was tired and in "not listen" mode. A couple members were screaming bloody murder about "rage" and getting everyones dander up. No matter how many times I tried to tell people to calm down and regroup, and that Rani switches to IV agas instead of III after 50%, everyone was scattering and becoming more disorganized. We had farted around too long and let her get her 90% -pdt up and was resisting dispel and finale by this point.

Here's the most embarassing part: We had multitudes of people from our server come by at different intervals during this "zombie apocalypse" and several dozen people, including some of whom I have had negative dealings with in the past, watched us look like a valkurm dunes party.

I am dissapoint :|

(This isn't to say I do not have faith in our LS. I am positive we can do it easily after those mistakes. I just felt like an assclown last night)

was there watching ;p
 Unicorn.Emirii
Server: Unicorn
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2010-12-23 12:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

When I first started playing and they released the Zilart pack, I unlocked dragoon and started subbing it on my level 30 RDM (30RDM/10DRG FTW!) I managed to get a party with that setup, played for a little while and the party leader finally noticed it and kicked me out. lol

Alexander.Lacas
Server: Alexander
user: Rakasu
By Alexander.Lacas 2010-12-23 12:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I just thought of something else I did, I was in a tower party about a month before the ToAU release and we were fighting Gigas and our tank was equipped with all Legionaire gear and as a result was dieing every 3 fights. So after an hour or so of this I got very annoyed and started ranting in LS chat (with a LS member egging me on)...In my blind rage I forgot that the tank was a LS member and pretty new player... (which was probably why the other member was egging me on...)

Another thing I remember was last year when I was in a campaign battle playing BST in Vunkerl Inlet and 2 groups of enemies were attacking, there wasn't a huge amount of players present so we were mainly standing back and picking them off one at a time. After a while I noticed that I could not find CourierCarrie so I used Heel. Carrie came back with both enemy leaders in tow, apparantly they must have hit her with AoE moves at some point. It was a complete wipe...
 Bismarck.Shaidolas
user: lephino
By Bismarck.Shaidolas 2010-12-23 13:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So there was this big turtle in Sky, that will remain nameless.... Turtle was down to 35% hp, and I had taken virutally 0 dmg on pld, seriously never dropped below 98%... Everyone was laughing and joking about how gimp this poor fat bastage turtle was...

Then it happened, my countertank decided to do it naked..

This 1 event turned the tides!

Turtle got very upset and promptly poisionga, double attack crit'd me (countered me then hit me), then tortoise stomped my face. Needless to say... I learned my lesson about insulting a turtle "too" much :D

on a brighter note, it did drop mitts, back when they were useful >.>
 Diabolos.Lokixak
Server: Diabolos
user: Lokixak
By Diabolos.Lokixak 2010-12-23 13:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Back at 2007 I got into a shout alliance to get myself a soboro finally. We were at 11/18 and decided to try with that many. I remembered my friend was lvling Thf and had it at 45 so I figured i could take him there for TH2.

So Pld in pt asks me to SATA whenever possible and i agree. I had only Thf at 15 at the time (I didn't like thf back then) but since i had my friend's macros from server thought i would do allright. I go ahead and use macro labeled SATA.

We needed to rest some for MP at that point and disengaged to sleep but it wouldn't because i had just used Viper Bite in SATA macro. We wiped, everyone was mad and i felt like a big noob cause instead of helping i just made things worse ><.

Bismarck.Xdudemanx
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-12-26 05:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

a while back on my old character when i was still noobish i had my tele's on macro so i could telewhore...well in dynamis i somehow switched pages and tele'd my party in the middle of a pull...a month later i did it again in sandy right after the mega boss died on accident...
i never put tele's on macro again after that lol
 Shiva.Ergiyios
user: Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2010-12-26 05:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

CFH on Hakutaku...Was toward the end of our run, went to disengage and hit the wrong button. >.< Everyone logged out to lose CFH and we came back and killed him. A good laugh at my expense was had. But even if it hit the fan, I made his cluster :p
 Cerberus.Irishlass
Server: Cerberus
user: Irishlass
By Cerberus.Irishlass 2010-12-26 08:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

About 4 years ago after deleting my first character and deciding I could not live without the game, I came back and started a new. At level 10 I was excited to go to the dunes to get in a party so I shouted for a tele. After paying the person my 2k he began to cast tele holla and off he went leaving me there in Bastock. Doh! I forgot I needed a key item to get there.
 Alexander.Jukie
Server: Alexander
user: Jukie
By Alexander.Jukie 2010-12-26 08:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I wore a shell ring on my 64 RDM cos I thought it would help against incinerate in mount zhayolm