Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The most emberassing thing you ever did in FFXI
The most emberassing thing you ever did in FFXI
By Genesimmons 2010-12-22 01:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say that mine was probably the time that I went to Dynamis after I'd only had a couple hours sleep the night before (and I'm sure some of you already know where this is going...) Anyway, I fell asleep at the keyboard while my character was running...and he kept running right into the death house in Windy. I woke up a couple hours later and scrolled back up through my chat log to see all sorts of people yelling at me to stop, etc. Then lots of bitching and being called a noob after the entire shell wiped.(even though I knew full well not to run there, just that I couldn't force myself to stay awake then.) lol

After that, I would skip dyna anytime I even felt the slightest bit sleepy.
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: opti09
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2010-12-22 01:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

when i told a noob to use sneak and invisible then i aggro right after and die because of not using it.
 Ragnarok.Fireflame
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rieekil
By Ragnarok.Fireflame 2010-12-22 01:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

soloing @ abyssea as BLM after LS event was killing mobs 1 by 1 and this taru blm lvl 81 was checking me every few sec..and just watching me ... i was like "hehehe he's checking my amazing gears ..."

few min later

he run aggroed 20 mob and -ja them

killed 20 mob as blm 81 before my blm 90 kill 1 mob ...

that made me warp and log off ,,, was so embarrassing >.>;
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-12-22 02:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fireflame said:
soloing @ abyssea as BLM after LS event was killing mobs 1 by 1 and this taru blm lvl 81 was checking me every few sec..and just watching me ... i was like "hehehe he's checking my amazing gears ..."

few min later

he run aggroed 20 mob and -ja them

killed 20 mob as blm 81 before my blm 90 kill 1 mob ...

that made me warp and log off ,,, was so embarrassing >.>;
i know how you feel ;_;
no sarcasm
By Artemicion 2010-12-22 02:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I converted in Eldieme Necropolis.
Nuff said.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-22 02:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done 2 things horribly embarrassing, first Dyna-Windy I did, managed to go to cast stoneskin and page down once too many and casted recall-jugner by accident...

another was targeting the wrong eye to nuke in Dyna-Xar

both were just /facepalm and I would have let everyone involved in both slap the ***out of me twice for both.
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2010-12-22 02:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Spent a few hours getting a group together to kill Dragonscaled bugaal ja back at 75. Theres a lot of prep work on the NM. gotta spend time clearing out mirror guard NMs so they dont link on the pull. And once the pulls made u only get one shout because u use bst 2 hour to lock in the VT slimes.

So we had everything ready to go and i pulled the NM. The main force took the NM and i dragged the adds away to solo kite them. Then i go to reward and vrooop my pet leaves me. I had moved my macros around ealier that day and i just wasnt used to them yet. So basically i hit the wrong button and used the JA leave. The adds starting eating me. then they walked back to the NM and ate the party. I was so embarrassed. As a result to this day i wont put "leave" on my macro bar. I just use altB.
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-12-22 02:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

mine would probably be around 6 years ago, a few months after CoP came out. made up a group to do promy holla with a friend of mine and his LS that he just got me into. we got to 3rd floor and were slowly inching along in a tight knit group trying to avoid aggro XD then i was trying to type "ugh *** this place" but back then i tended to hit the enter key too much and without realizing i said "ugh *** this", proceded to run forward (the mob had left) until i realized i was R0ing (had dial up, someone picked up the phone >.>;)

connection snapped back into place with 4 mobs around me that aggroed, i ran back trying to get away from group, and somehow ran RIGHT into the group, MPKing all of them after i died. then my net shut off for 2 days at that VERY moment (had been having issues with provider).

so all they saw was me run away from them all saying "*** this", mpking them all and leaving XD i tried to explain this to them when my net was working again and sadly it was so unbelievable that they kicked me from shell and told people to avoid me >.>;
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-22 02:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

@Patrik lol, likely story. either way pretty epic.
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-12-22 02:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said:
mine would probably be around 6 years ago, a few months after CoP came out. made up a group to do promy holla with a friend of mine and his LS that he just got me into. we got to 3rd floor and were slowly inching along in a tight knit group trying to avoid aggro XD then i was trying to type "ugh *** this place" but back then i tended to hit the enter key too much and without realizing i said "ugh *** this", proceded to run forward (the mob had left) until i realized i was R0ing (had dial up, someone picked up the phone >.>;)

connection snapped back into place with 4 mobs around me that aggroed, i ran back trying to get away from group, and somehow ran RIGHT into the group, MPKing all of them after i died. then my net shut off for 2 days at that VERY moment (had been having issues with provider).

so all they saw was me run away from them all saying "*** this", mpking them all and leaving XD i tried to explain this to them when my net was working again and sadly it was so unbelievable that they kicked me from shell and told people to avoid me >.>;
Wow... I think you win the thread.
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-12-22 02:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Bismarck.Patrik said:

lmao, sadly i can't feel proud of that XD
 Asura.Katniss
Server: Asura
user: Katniss
By Asura.Katniss 2010-12-22 02:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said:
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Bismarck.Patrik said:

lmao, sadly i can't feel proud of that XD
that's indeed the best story i've read so far XD
 Ramuh.Mizuharu
Server: Ramuh
user: Mizuharu
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2010-12-22 03:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

A year ago, my linkshell had claimed Nidhogg and I was outside party just waiting to be picked up; not doing anything sides rebuffing myself each TP move mind you. Then suddendly, a WHM Flashed a Darter and another one linked to it. Now, they had slept both of them and were going to -ga III them down when I somehow had the thought "Why don't I just get all the other darters and depop them?!" It sounded like a good idea... Except, for only God knows why, I thought claiming all of the others with Diaga was a good idea... Ran buy with them and a -ga III hit them, so then linkshell couldn't sleep them. Yeah... I was lucky to walk off with a stern wag of the finger. >.>
 Alexander.Lacas
Server: Alexander
user: Rakasu
By Alexander.Lacas 2010-12-22 03:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

A little while ago I was helping a friend with the Diabolos Prime fight and we were all set to go. At this point I was on the evening after some night shifts so I was on a few hours sleep and I had an illness of some sort, anyway we were all set to go just finishing up a few buffs when for some odd reason I thought it was time to jump in to the arena (still don't know whay I thought that...), yea...we wiped...I still feel bad about it. :/
By Taigatan 2010-12-22 03:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Called for Help on Jorm... was like 4 years ago... spent a long long time getting it down to 20%, then spent another <long time> keeping it just at 20% with half the people there dead... everything was so nutty and it was first time on such a big kill... someone goes... "omg call for help on the adds so the outside pt can get it"... so I did what anyone good direction follower would do... and called for help... not realizing that a min or so earlier my pt leader, blm pt, accepted the invite to the main alliance... gdi...

Almost as good as the time I made some comment about how the entire LS was sucking on some chicks tata's and that's why she was getting RDM af hat in line before everyone else and when it drops we should all just lot it and then realized I was in LS chat.
 Asura.Tot
By Asura.Tot 2010-12-22 05:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i tryed washing my cottoncandy when i droped it on the floor once
boy was my face red

oh wait... in FFXI eh, no comment.
[+]
 Caitsith.Markus
Server: Caitsith
user: Markus
By Caitsith.Markus 2010-12-22 05:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

back during the Summerfest 2004 event (where you and a friend were sent into a dungeon capped @ lv1 with invis/sneak, and have to find a ???) well at the end you get an item based on the gender/race of your partner. I was trying to get all the different items only one I needed was the Mithra one, and I just happened to see one solo, I went up and asked for help getting it (Yhoator Flea) but I somehow got it mixed up with I think (Yagudo Cherry) and preceded to ask this mithra for her cherry...

My friend laughed it off saying at least it wasn't out of character for my Taru >.< damn leghumpers giving my people a bad name.
[+]
By Artemicion 2010-12-22 05:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh! Speaking of Summerfest of 04. I was doing that event with my buddy Skold who was a tarutaru pally. Anyways, I guess I ended up hanging onto one of the key items I never handed in, so it translates and pops up in my auto translate time to time as "Drawing of a Male Tarutaru"
Would get some good lols in my linkshell or random pervs.
 Cerberus.Liandaru
Server: Cerberus
user: Liandrian
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2010-12-22 05:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

One time manaburning in Xaracabard (s) at the OP, we were going pretty good on tigers, had a decent chain going. I notice the words "Begins casting warp on <t>" come up on my screen. I didn't pay attention to it until one of the party members wasn't there anymore, then realized I was on my D2 macro @_@.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-12-22 05:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Im sure Ive done lots of stupid things. The only thing that comes to my mind though was in salvage and our mnk tank was well..tanking..and dieing and Im whm, so Im main healer..I go to cast cure5 probably and ended up casting regen1.

I then watched our tank die in fantabulous death

Ive also been in a 4 hour kirin..thats pretty bad on your self esteem.

not embarrassing but Ive AFK'd in dynamis and came back to 2 autosorted wootz ores in my inventory. I reread the chatlog and boy were people pissed. Everytime Id go in dynamis from then on people would tell me to not afk.
 Cerberus.Liandaru
user: Liandrian
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2010-12-22 06:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, not thinking, when I was learning to solo, I would sleep mobs, I was thinking to myself "Hey, I should try to get their HP down some while they're sleeping" Casting bio on a slept mob doesn't really help that situation much...
By Artemicion 2010-12-22 06:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really embarrassing, but luzly nevertheless.
Basically convinced/dared our PLD (mind that this is in 04/05) to wear BQ ring with Jelly ring while fighting Suzaku.

Good laughs were had.
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-12-22 06:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't do "emberassing" things, I'm British, we don't even fart.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-22 06:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i was in dyna-xarc and we were prepping to pull dyna lord

now it had been a long day for me 12hr workday, followed by a 3hr event i was 30m late to, followed by dyna run time

so on pull i see -aga and instinct made me hit my stun macro
wiped the ls, good times were had...
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-12-22 07:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

● Just joined huge HNM LS on our server at the time, went to fafnir.

Didn't know how windows or anything worked, but we had killed darters. waited.. started spamming for fafhogg. nada, everyone afk'd for 25min.

I afk for 3min came back down, and hit my enter key on flash, caught a darter, wiped the entire HNM alliance cuz everyone was afk. They came back, and were like OMFGWTFnoooooob.

● Was lvl 15, ran by Leaping Lizzy thinking it was too tough for me to kill because it said "Impossible to Gauage."

●Once whined and bitched about how I had to solo all my own ***, and never received help from anyone for anything.Made a big dramatic deal about it. After bitching, I finally got enough LS members to come help me do a mission, or something like that.
Got to location, didn't have the right CS done, needed to go back, and make people wait for me to finish CS. Before entering the battlefield or popping NM, can't remember which.

Titan.Lillica
Server: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-12-22 07:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I leveled dancer.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2010-12-22 07:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Andevom said:
Back in 2003 on my first character, I unlocked subjobs and had no idea what to put on my THF, because I had almost nothing else leveled. The highest I had was a Lv. 8 WHM, so I tacked that on and roamed around completely oblivious to how this would look to most people. I figured "Hey, cure! That's good, right?" as I strolled around with my whopping 42 MP.

I still got invites, and it took awhile for anyone to say something to me about how WHM is probably the worst sub I could've chosen, especially an underleveled one. But I really just wanted to hit 30 so I could unlock more jobs, and I figured THF was underplayed (because soloing with THF back then blew chunks in the early levels) so I didn't want to bother leveling anything else at the time. I was mocked by one guy who had found me through searching and spared no comment on how stupid this was.

Funnily enough, he and I ended up partying together about an hour later, with my 8 WHM sub still attached.

Mine's kinda similar. It was back when I first started, and I was playing some other rpg at the time as well. I had no idea how party mechanics worked in FFXI yet, and in this other game, we couldn't find a healer, so everyone made use of abilities that allowed us to heal ourselves. So, when I started FFXI, I was in that same mentality. Once I unlocked my subjobs, I leveled as WAR/WHM. I thought "Hey, self-healing Tank/DD! That's FTW!"

You can probably guess the /tells and conversations I got once I got to Jeuno... There are scars...

I was completely ignorant, but I was a noob! Let's just say I got a rather harsh crash course in tanking, lol.
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-12-22 07:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

when i still had the default macros on a set and i was xp'n pld back in day..i accidently hit one of the macros that said (im sorry, im playing solo right now) and it disbanded me from the party..i was tryin to figure out why i was the only person fighting the mob and then i saw a bunch of lol's and wtf's...friend laughed for almost a week....i didnt know i hit that macro til i scrolled back up to read wtf happened after the fight
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2010-12-22 08:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Teleport Holla people out of a kirin fight (when it was really important) counts ?

I did that once myself but a friend of mine has done it too so I guess I'm not alone. ;)