Post 90 Masamune & Fudo - Thoughts/Ideas.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Post 90 Masamune & Fudo - Thoughts/Ideas.
Post 90 Masamune & Fudo - Thoughts/Ideas.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-09 16:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been collectively checking around and doing some work in FFXIcalc, and before i even finish what I'm saying I'm well aware that you WAR and MNK's can kiss my *** you *** lol.

Anyways as i was thinking, I attempted to create some alternative ideas based on current gear sets and calculations using new 90 gear released on this past update.

How do these two look and if there are any objections which i could see there being, please state why instead of a Leonardo DiCaprio jpeg.

TP (5-hit)

Bear with me on this one, i know some people might look at the Unkai Domaru+2 kind of cockeyed but the Store TP+10 as well as the upped stats that made haubergeon good for years makes it a good logical choice. Doing this allows you to also use Justice torque again instead of the Unkai Nodowa.

Everything else seems to tie in with what was previously used. This should equal out to 21.2 TP per swing using Carbonara (5-hit) with 34% Haste with Hasso (4.8 Seconds per swing).

WS (Attack+94, STR+60, TP Bonus+75-150)

The Unkai Kote+2 also would typically be a WTF, however recent tests on BG using the +1 show that the Enhances Sekkaonki effect acts as a TP bonus similar to Hagun. The +2 will probably have a stronger effect on top of the STR+10 (leaving only -3 STR as the drawback if you compare to Heafoc mitts which are fine if sekk is not up).

The Moonshade Earring from beating WOTG would also be augmented with TP bonus+25 and Attack+4 to stack on top of the TP bonus from the hands+2. I can only assume this would do more than STR+2/3

The breeze belt is placed there as well as the assumption it will act as the neck gorget.

The WS set has Attack+94 and STR+60 as Fudo is similar to Kaiten where attack reigns supreme.

Anyways any ideas or things to add? thoughts?
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-09 16:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Premature post >_< that wasn't the edit button but I think I've compiled most of my information correctly.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-09 16:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Um.. well.. Unkai kote+2, you can just use them WHEN sekka is up, and use heafoc when its not up, which will be the majority of your weaponskills?:P
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-09 16:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

lv mnk

Trollface.jpg
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-09 16:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Um.. well.. Unkai kote+2, you can just use them WHEN sekka is up, and use heafoc when its not up, which will be the majority of your weaponskills?:P
I think that was something i noted :)
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-09 16:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
lv mnk

Trollface.jpg
Oh you split personality you~
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-09 16:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
So I've been collectively checking around and doing some work in FFXIcalc, and before i even finish what I'm saying I'm well aware that you WAR and MNK's can kiss my *** you *** lol.
Don't forget PUP, THF, DRG as well.... And what the *** is the point of keeping a 5hit TP set up, when it reverts back to a 6hit after you WS unless you DA/Conserve TP, I really can't grasp your logic behind this one.... Looks like you are trying to be different, but in a good way, not quite a Nabiro way, but close...
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-09 16:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Don't forget PUP, THF, DRG as well.... And what the *** is the point of keeping a 5hit TP set up, when it reverts back to a 6hit after you WS unless you DA/Conserve TP, I really can't grasp your logic behind this one.... Looks like you are trying to be different, but in a good way, not quite a Nabiro way, but close...
It's about DoT and parses tbh. Why dumb down your damage on Fudo when you can get a lucky Conserve TP or double attack proc.... which will happen with this setup. Chances are if you dumbed down your fudo severely... and i do mean Severely... you would probably get out parsed by this above theory in a long haul.

Also furthermore if your going to lowman something SAM's just stand back and meditate and run in for WS which negates this argument completely... and if your going for zerg 2 hour + 2 meditate sekka makes the damage max more useful.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-09 16:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I just also checked several Masamune item sets claiming they are a 5 hit to do a comparison here... and NONE of them seem to be a properly calculated set. I'll do a set here in a minute to show you what I saw.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-09 16:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
It's about DoT and parses tbh. Why dumb down your damage on Fudo when you can get a lucky Conserve TP or double attack proc.... which will happen with this setup. Chances are if you dumbed down your fudo severely... and i do mean Severely... you would probably get out parsed by this above theory in a long haul.

Also furthermore if your going to lowman something SAM's just stand back and meditate and run in for WS which negates this argument completely... and if your going for zerg 2 hour + 2 meditate sekka makes the damage max more useful.
This isn't 2004 Zipcana srs business..... SAM should be able to TP/WS freely and have the support/Proper macros to survive until the tank reacquires hate IF the SAM even pulls hate off them. The point is, if you are going to try and utilize a 5hit build, use a 5hit build, your are gimping your over all DPS severely..... Either should go for 5hit(Only real choice nowadays) or build a solid 6hit and be gimp :X But in the end its play how you want
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-09 16:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
I just also checked several Masamune item sets claiming they are a 5 hit to do a comparison here... and NONE of them seem to be a properly calculated set. I'll do a set here in a minute to show you what I saw.
They are probably taking into account the regain from Atmas or are *** moronic but realize 5hit build is the only choice like people should by now :X
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-09 16:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

This isn't 2004 Zipcana srs business..... SAM should be able to TP/WS freely and have the support/Proper macros to survive until the tank reacquires hate IF the SAM even pulls hate off them. The point is, if you are going to try and utilize a 5hit build, use a 5hit build, your are gimping your over all DPS severely..... Either should go for 5hit(Only real choice nowadays) or build a solid 6hit and be gimp :X But in the end its play how you want
A dumbed down Fudo will only do ~3000 whereas a max build similar to mine will do around ~4000-5000. Again if you get a lucky conserve TP proc or double attack you already made up for it.

Also Maat's cap atma (now that we can choose 3) allows for a permanent +10 TP return, so we can still do RR VV on top of it. Even a regain makes it possible in Abyssea. This keeps 5 hit even during WS in technicality.

I need further testing but this isn't the same as previous Y/G/K
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-09 17:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

I can agree and see what you mean however when we lowmanned various Abyssea NM's as well as when we did Briarius we used similar tactics to EASILY win.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-09 17:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

A dumbed down Fudo will only do ~3000 whereas a max build similar to mine will do around ~4000-5000. Again if you get a lucky conserve TP proc or double attack you already made up for it.

In all honesty, its more simplistic, 6hit WS(non relic) 5hit WS(5hit because aftermath is ***) the DPS from Masamune is 100$ better then any of the previous GKT with a really solid Aftermath followed up by a solid ws, and the ability to cap haste /WAR with a 5hit. Its all fun and games till you need to stop and use your Aftermath to get you a 5hit. You seem to be a epeen big numbers dude who needs to view some parsers :X not trying to troll btw
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-09 17:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

In all honesty, its more simplistic, 6hit WS(non relic) 5hit WS(5hit because aftermath is ***) the DPS from Masamune is 100$ better then any of the previous GKT with a really solid Aftermath followed up by a solid ws, and the ability to cap haste /WAR with a 5hit. Its all fun and games till you need to stop and use your Aftermath to get you a 5hit. You seem to be a epeen big numbers dude who needs to view some parsers :X not trying to troll btw
The epeen is only situational honestly. I joke and compare with the LS every now and again in all honesty and sometimes i like to go after some friendly competition within the LS... were all on voice chat so its all in good humor.

And i should have stated that this is all in for discussion/debate without the butthurt nabis type replies.

Much like Ironguy i try to examine things from an external view and I'm never afraid to think outside the box in fear of being called nood.

All of this above is complete theory btw, i have no hard evidence yet as I lack 90% of the gear above and I'm not afraid to admit that... i refuse to pull large moves involving gil or time until 99 pans out and we see what truly matters.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-09 17:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Also furthermore if your going to lowman something SAM's just stand back and meditate and run in for WS]
lolwut?

Also, are you accounting for VV?

EDIT: Not gimping WS damage is precisely why you add STP during TP. Put the Unkai Nodowa back on.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-09 17:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Also furthermore if your going to lowman something SAM's just stand back and meditate and run in for WS only
lolwut?

EDIT: Not gimping WS damage is precisely why you add STP during TP. Put the Unkai Nodowa back on.
I'm only generally speaking for what we do, doesn't have to apply to everyone. Briarius NM we took down a month or two back we had to apply that strategy. Once we got the hang of it it was cake.

Situational.

Also i only meant that as a general statement... we usually TP off nearby mobs and run in for WS on the NM.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-09 17:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

The epeen is only situational honestly. I joke and compare with the LS every now and again in all honesty and sometimes i like to go after some friendly competition within the LS... were all on voice chat so its all in good humor.

And i should have stated that this is all in for discussion/debate without the butthurt nabis type replies.

Much like Ironguy i try to examine things from an external view and I'm never afraid to think outside the box in fear of being called nood.

All of this above is complete theory btw, i have no hard evidence yet as I lack 90% of the gear above and I'm not afraid to admit that... i refuse to pull large moves involving gil or time until 99 pans out and we see what truly matters.
You are being very honest which is good, and friend competition is good, having parse wars on Dark Ixion was the funnest time in FFXI, burning him down in 16min at 75 was just good stuff, and if you get that joy out of eye balled WS's then i'm actually excited for you lol Get a actual parse going and see what comes out on top, or run the numbers and see for yourself, you will be surprised.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-09 17:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Also i only meant that as a general statement... we usually TP off nearby mobs and run in for WS on the NM.
I get that, but why?
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-09 17:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

You already have a 5-hit without nodowa? Why would you remove Gkatana skill which is acc/att for 20.7 instead of 20.3 TP a hit? 5-Hit =/= 5-Hit?

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I get that, but why?

As to not feed the NM TP if it does devastating moves, and so that i'm not consistently hit with HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE debuffs. Key word was lowman :\
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-09 17:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Also furthermore if your going to lowman something SAM's just stand back and meditate and run in for WS only
lolwut?

I'm only generally speaking for what we do, doesn't have to apply to everyone. Briarius NM we took down a month or two back we had to apply that strategy. Once we got the hang of it it was cake.

Situational.

If you have the ls to get you a Masamune that should never be a strategy in your play book :X SAM has some serious PDT options and MDT options, just need to apply them.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-09 17:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
lolwut?

Situational.

If you have the ls to get you a Masamune that should never be a strategy in your play book :X SAM has some serious PDT options and MDT options, just need to apply them.
PDT on SAM is utterely useless however i DO have a set. If you can't survive with Seigan/Thirdeye especially with the lolcounterattack from the Empy helmet... chances are you are going to die anyways lol. The only thing PDT ever did for me was allow 1-2 more hits before i died which i guess saves time? Buys time? IDK.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-09 17:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
lolwut?

Situational.

PDT on SAM is utterely useless however i DO have a set. If you can't survive with Seigan/Thirdeye especially with the lolcounterattack from the Empy helmet... chances are you are going to die anyways lol.
wut...
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2010-12-09 17:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

OP is a *** moron, your ws set is not going to be doing 2-3k more than a "dumbed down" set.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-09 17:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

You already have a 5-hit without nodowa? Why would you remove Gkatana skill which is acc/att for 20.7 instead of 20.3 TP a hit? 5-Hit =/= 5-Hit?
Accuracy isn't relevant these days (if you think it is, your second ring choice is in conflict with that belief) and you don't have a consistent 5hit. Dropping some stats for a more consistent 5hit is the better choice.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-09 17:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Accuracy isn't relevant these days (if you think it is, your second ring choice is in conflict with that belief) and you don't have a consistent 5hit. Dropping some stats for a more consistent 5hit is the better choice.
I'm not trolling so i have to ask this as clarification.

So instead of Gkatana skill+7, you'd rather have +5 more store TP to further the already 5 hit you have? /confused.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-09 17:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
As to not feed the NM TP if it does devastating moves, and so that i'm not consistently hit with HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE debuffs. Key word was lowman :\
Mages have infinite MP, you have more HP than Jesus, and you're worried about some HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE debuff?

Quote:
PDT on SAM is utterely useless however i DO have a set. If you can't survive with Seigan/Thirdeye especially with the lolcounterattack from the Empy helmet... chances are you are going to die anyways lol. The only thing PDT ever did for me was allow 1-2 more hits before i died which i guess saves time? Buys time? IDK.
I don't even ._.;
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-09 17:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I'm not trolling so i have to ask this as clarification.

So instead of Gkatana skill+7, you'd rather have +5 more store TP to further the already 5 hit you have? /confused.
You don't have a 5hit. You have a wasteful 6hit that if you are lucky turns out to be a 5hit. There's a difference.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-09 17:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said:
OP is a *** moron, your ws set is not going to be doing 2-3k more than a "dumbed down" set.
I'll more than gladly make a second dumbed down set just for your viewing in comparison. Unless you misunderstood i was talking WITH atma. I'll just have to spell it out for comparison for several people.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-09 17:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Quote:
I don't even ._.;
First Page 2 3 4 5 6