Forum » FFXI » NMs » Chhir Batti Feet seals
Chhir Batti Feet seals
 Asura.Shinagami
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shinagami
By Asura.Shinagami 2010-12-01 01:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I'll bite, I did Ulhuadshi with some of my friends one night, we had. NIN BLMx3 WHMx2 BRD BLU, could.not.proc the mother ***. i was the nin, even HP'd and came back dnc and tried steps...cuz of that one SS >_>...could.not.proc.blah

p,s, everything was clean, so yeah was just a wtf pop
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-12-01 02:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Were any of the BRD spells resisted or the NIN blind?
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-12-01 02:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I hear its a good place to get sam, drk and blu and whm seals...

Kinda sucked when we went... too many ppl wanting seals, its like a fight to steal pop area near nm...

Can't wait till new areas come out.. ppl start racing for armour and hands...

that way Frees up area for other who need to get their ***done.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-01 02:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that little argument was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. There's two very different points of view;

A: Kill as fast as possible without worrying about grellow
B: Make sure you proc grellow

Except that the guy defending point A seems to think that the people defending point B are spending 10 minutes to kill a mob. No. As I already said, most of our fights were only 2-3 minutes, WITH proccing grellow. The blm has the biggest job, but if they cycle through T3 > T4 > ga3 > AM, and the other jobs are doing their spells at the same time, there's a very good chance that grellow will be proc'd before they get up to the ga and AM. After all, there's only a 25% chance that it's going to be a ga or AM. If you have two blm, or a blm and a rdm, then that cuts down the time even more.

As others have said too, the best you can hope for without grellow is 2 seals, which from what I've seen, you generally won't get even with TH4. WITH grellow and TH4, you're pretty much guaranteed to get at LEAST 2 seals. Basically, with grellow, you're going to get twice as many seals on average than you would without it. So at 5 minutes a mob (2 minutes to kill, 3 minutes on repop) vs 6-7 minutes a mob (3-4 minutes to kill), proccing grellow is a LOT more efficient. And again, even with proccing grellow, I don't think any of our fights lasted 4 minutes.

As for splitting up and killing multiple NMs at the same time, well, you're not really talking low-man situation any more are you? Unless you're sending out very specific duo partners to each NM.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-12-01 03:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

No one is saying dont try for yellow at all, just dont kill slower or hold a mob trying to proc it. I agree with you, chances are you will proc before the mob is normally dead but if you havent dont waste time. Esp when pop items are easy to come by.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-01 03:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that's something I can agree with. But still, gear your jobs in order to proc it if you can, bring TH and you'll get a lot more seals than you would if you just burn through pops.

Edit: Something else I don't get, why the *** do people buy pop items?
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-12-01 04:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on the price, we buy pop items to get a head start on getting lights from Killing NMS as soon as we enter. Pearl is 100% on NMs for us, its better to kill 2-3 NMs, get pearl, then farm so we can start to build time as we farm for more pops. A lot of pops are 1k-10k anyways so its not a huge set back.

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-01 13:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i got people on the east coast and west coast. we have more problems with irl time over stones so we dont bother farming TE on weekdays. Mind you I'm not going to spend 30k on a pop item that takes 5 minutes to farm. But I don't mind spending 1-5k for a pop.