Forum » FFXI » NMs » Pallid Percy
Pallid Percy
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-11-22 21:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Karbuncle.
Yup, i'm thinking it's TP based. He usually only does it 4 times. Whenever I'm with my duo partner. Towards the end is where he really starts to spam it (back to back at times). Looking back at what I said. After completing so many AF3 heads for my small group of friends, whenever we pop him we always get the feeling when Draw-in is gonna happen- were prepared for it. Flawless victory.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-11-22 21:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Last week, nevermind when exactly, I joined a pick up party. Not expecting much I thought to myself that I wouldn't even get a single SAM seal (I was 0/8 lol) because there were 8 ppl in the setup.

The alliance consisted of the Main Party: SAM(me), PLD, BLU, THF, WHM, WAR. Second Party: BLM x2.

We did build up lights and farmed pops off the nearby worms. BLMs would -aga clusters to death which gave us a nice cushion of time as well as temp items that helped imensely. Catholicon works wonders in case mudslide would go off since it completely erases everything. The BLMs were good at stunning right after draw-in. The key was that we had 3 diff ppl stunning. BLM x2 stun and the BLU's head butt basically guaranteed a stun.

We ended up popping Mr. Percy about 30 times. Maybe it was less, but I stopped counting when I got 12/8 sam head seals. I ended up tanking it on SAM/NIN (/nin was useless since all its TP moves are AoE and strip shadows) since I was the only DD with good atmas (VV/RR, etc). I only casted Ni when it started casting single target spells. The WHM was good at keeping me alive. I'm sure we could've dropped the PLD WAR and BLU and done just fine. In all those battles we rarely got drawn in, but during one of them it got extremely draw-in happy. I want to say he drew us in about 4 times during that fight starting as early as 60% health. We did wipe on this run, but it was the only wipe of the entire run. 1 wipe in 30 pops ain't bad. Once people had started to leave we broke off with well over 120min time and a nice amount of seals. All in all it was a very good run as far as pick-up party expectations go.

Happy hunting!