Posibly The Sickest Ffxi Haste Demo Ever Recorded... Thoughts?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Posibly the sickest ffxi haste demo ever recorded... Thoughts?
Posibly the sickest ffxi haste demo ever recorded... Thoughts?
First Page 2 3
 Bahamut.Dracothic
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Dracothic
By Bahamut.Dracothic 2009-01-09 04:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaQPtUUSH1Y

Tell me what you think either post here or on youtube.

Hot or Not /tell <me>
 Phoenix.Strongside
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Strongside 2009-01-09 05:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn good gear go level up DRK!
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-09 05:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really >.>

I guess after you've seen it a couple billion times it loses it's entertainment value.

Soul Voice -> March x2: 50%'ish haste
Haste: 15%
Haste Gear: 23%
Totalling 88% Haste, Cap: 80%

It looks like it's faster because K club animation glitching when it swings more than once a round.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-09 05:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Feed TP anyone?

Thats all KC ever does anyway, only DRKs can make it any damaging.
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-01-09 06:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

KC (Personally) Is over rated. If i was going for a multihit on drk id use ridill or something.
 Bismarck.Nours
Server: Bismarck
user:
By Bismarck.Nours 2009-01-09 06:31:38
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

More interested in why you use brutal, you realize double attack gimp kraken club?
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-09 06:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK with Rune Chopper looks more impressive on solo zerg than a K Club or Ridill imo ^_^. (I didn;t watch the vid by the way, at work)
 Hades.Ladyreaper
Server: Hades
user:
By Hades.Ladyreaper 2009-01-09 07:38:24
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

When you can pop out 14K damage in 30 seconds on something like DL with a Kraken drk... you know you are sexy... sorry but kraken is way better than a ridill drk (if set up right). And with the haste nerf they did, Rune Chopper is usless now. Sadly, that was a lot of fun to play with.
 Asura.Endelig
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-01-09 07:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

chopper drk doesn't work anymore. they lowered the haste cap
[+]
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-09 07:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming that you had a way to fairly effectively perpetuate your mp (and had an obliging rdm) what would you say to a war/sam using the chopper in a meripo?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-09 07:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sanction refresh is awesome for Rune Chopper on WAR.

While it only needs 1mp or more to activate the latent (even though it drains 3/mp tick), sanction refresh gives you the latent permenantly, and if you're meriting on Colibri, food bonus won't last long =P
 Asura.Mikerocca
user: kord
By Asura.Mikerocca 2009-01-09 12:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That's actually not very impressive at all lol...actually looks a little slow due to double attack..brutal +5 merits, I'm guessing?

KC is a pretty much a waste on any job but DRK--even then, it still isn't worth its price tag. I mean yea, if you spammed the BCNM and got the drop, then yay for you...but if you paid 40+ mil for it then you aren't too bright.

For zerging puroposes: when you're in a zerg situation like DL or BV2, your LS probably has a small army of zerg DRKs, as well as other jobs that can zerg well. You can have 1 DRK with KC, and the rest using Ridill, B Zag, or M Kris...the winner of the parse is most likely gonna be whichever DRK engaged first. That's not a hardened rule since gear, HP, haste, etc, all tend to factor in, but its still fun to poke fun at KC users who engage late because they get bound, stunned, cure locked, whatever...especially if they paid big money to get their e-peen on.

KC used to be cool for things like JoL, not so much anymore since most people tend to just stick 1-3 melee's and RNG's for the duration of the fight. Works well for the zerging the last ~8-10% of Odin too, but again, there's probably multiple zerg jobs in the chamber and M Kris DRKs can still get the job done there too.

As far as the numerous vids of "LOOK AT ME FIGHT CRABS WITH MY KCLUB"--idk, you shouldn't toot your own horn when you're not exactly breaking any new ground.
[+]
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-01-09 12:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Soul Voice -> March x2: 50%'ish haste
Haste: 15%
Haste Gear: 23%
Totalling 88% Haste, Cap: 80%

That's off. SV2xMarch is 40% haste, and magic haste caps at around 43.75%ish, so haste spell would only give 3.75% haste in this situation.

So this would come to be about 66.75% haste. It is possible to get more haste, capping out gear (25%). It is also possible, and you might want to try this out, to get more than 70% haste without hasso. Grab a dancer (5 haste samba merits) and throw her on there. That's 10% more haste, which in this situation would make him attack 50% faster than shown.

But yeah you watch this stuff enough times it just doesn't look fast any more haha xD Nothing like it was back when there was no global haste cap.

And yes, it is possible to use rune chopper in a merit party with refresh. I've done it a number of times. It's actually absolutely sick what you can do, but war/sams are very very big mana-sponges. MP usually becomes an issue.
[+]
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Server: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-01-09 13:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shamaya said:
And yes, it is possible to use rune chopper in a merit party with refresh. I've done it a number of times. It's actually absolutely sick what you can do, but war/sams are very very big mana-sponges. MP usually becomes an issue.

Nothing like pulling hate and popping seigan+third-eye to get but one anticipate/counter. At least wars have retaliation now :)
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-09 13:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Permanent latent with sanction refresh? >.> nowai. kk, buying chopper nao, lol.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-09 13:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiya said:
Permanent latent with sanction refresh? &gt;.&gt; nowai. kk, buying chopper nao, lol.

XD Yeah, I used it until I could use my Byakko's, it was pretty awesome.
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-09 13:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

wait, lies. sanction refresh would have to tick up 3 times before it activated, then would activate for only 1/3 of the ideal time technically?

Then again, no one has come to shout you down so... friends on vent say not active though :3
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-09 15:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've used it before and had latent kick in with 1mp/tick, similar as to how Rune Axes work. My brother used to use Rune axes + guady harness (1mp/tick with < 49mp) as bst/nin to get HP back without hate off pet.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-14 03:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

All I have to say after seeing that video is, "Swing taru taru swing!"

Cute vid. Just one question with that setup, "What's the hardest mob you've fought and killed?" I mean it's one thing to take on a steelshell, it's quite another to Zerg and kill Alexander on ToAU 42...

Comments aside, make no mistake, props for the vid and post!
 Siren.Bungie
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-01-14 03:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

that was worthless. didnt show anything off really but a really fast way to skill up club..
 Bahamut.Dracothic
user: Dracothic
By Bahamut.Dracothic 2009-01-14 03:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Realy its just a TOY that swings fast for small amounts of dmg unless your a drk with Sould Eater and Blood Weapon.

We just did this vid to see just how fast we could make drac move and I have to say he was flyin especialy when you realise that when he is sitting still hes actualy not.

Hes swing so fast the animation is not playing.

Watch the proc rate for haste samba on the other players in the second 1/2 of the vid then take a look @ the glowing taruball procing many times a second.

As for raw dmg yea my war sucks with a kc but i'm lvling drk and the KC zerg vids are sure to follow.
 Fairy.Winterlight
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Winterlight 2009-01-14 05:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

That was a good video but...

- it would've been nice to hear the game sounds, more intense that way
- DANG that's an extra small taru, that steelshell was towering over him
 Bahamut.Lyle
By Bahamut.Lyle 2009-01-15 00:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nours said:
More interested in why you use brutal, you realize double attack gimp kraken club?

Which is why it is only good for Drks. and Mkris is only good for Drks and Cors. and Ridills are only good for Drks and Wars.

Everything else not listed is W R O N G. period.
 Ramuh.Leibniz
Server: Ramuh
user: Cnedus
By Ramuh.Leibniz 2009-01-15 03:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyle said:
Which is why it is only good for Drks. and Mkris is only good for Drks and Cors. and Ridills are only good for Drks and Wars. Everything else not listed is W R O N G. period.

You're not smart enough to decide what's good and what isn't, sorry. Kraken RNG can do great damage in situations where mob TP is largely irrelevant, same with Ridill RNG(Not as much of a strain on MP obviously). Ridill THF is good for select situations as well.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-15 04:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Still feeds the mob a ton of TP. Doing 1-11 damage per hit still gives the same amount of TP to the mob as doing 200 damage per hit, even though you are basically hitting at the same damage in the same timeframe. But with KC, you just gave the mob (in this case, crab) 200% or so more TP than with something else (I will use Byakko's Axe for this example, since I have done constant 200 damage with Berserk on).

Spam that Big Scissor!
Spam that Scissor Guard!
Spam that Shell effect whatever its called!
Spam that AoE Water with STR down effect whatever its called!

Still spam on mob TP.

At least with Ridill, you got damage backing up the constant hits. Kindof wish I had a Ridill though lol.
 Bahamut.Lyle
By Bahamut.Lyle 2009-01-16 12:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leibniz said:
Lyle said:
Which is why it is only good for Drks. and Mkris is only good for Drks and Cors. and Ridills are only good for Drks and Wars. Everything else not listed is W R O N G. period.

You're not smart enough to decide what's good and what isn't, sorry. Kraken RNG can do great damage in situations where mob TP is largely irrelevant, same with Ridill RNG(Not as much of a strain on MP obviously). Ridill THF is good for select situations as well.

In what situation would those be? DC and below? lol.

Any good ranger knows that they would lose a huge chunk of their DoT. and with an E skill in club what do you expect them to land on hmmmm? Learn a little more about game mechanics. A thief already has triple attack, a Ridill does not work with the job ability. Instead of being a retard trying to show off a weapon designed for a War or Drk zerg should instead wear something that works with your job I.E. low delay like sirocco or stats from BD if main better.

Someone using these weapons on the wrong jobs is no better than all these jackoffs that spam nyzul isle weaponskills to show off.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-01-16 12:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyle said:
Leibniz said:
Lyle said:
In what situation would those be? DC and below? lol. Any good ranger knows that they would lose a huge chunk of their DoT. and with an E skill in club what do you expect them to land on hmmmm? Learn a little more about game mechanics. A thief already has triple attack, a Ridill does not work with the job ability. Instead of being a retard trying to show off a weapon designed for a War or Drk zerg should instead wear something that works with your job I.E. low delay like sirocco or stats from BD if main better. Someone using these weapons on the wrong jobs is no better than all these jackoffs that spam nyzul isle weaponskills to show off.

I REALLLLLLY hope you are just trolling, b/c if you are serious then God help us all. First of all KC is amazing for rng, and although extremely situational (where acc is a non issue) ridill is very good for thf tp as well. Please explain to me how thf's TA trait breaks ridill. "Haha mr thf!! Your ridill just attacked 3 times b/c of trait and not b/c of weapon design!!" Thf response "So?"

Edit: Speaking of understanding game mechanics
1. Why are you tp'ing in Rajas Ring on thf?
2. How do you equip 2 Rajas Ring's on thf ws's
3. Why in the world are you ws'ing in a heca harness when you don't have Mercy?
4. Capping Sam group 2 merits and not capping Overwhelm = LAWL
[+]
 Fairy.Raikan
Server: Fairy
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-01-16 12:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
KC is amazing for rng.

Fact.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-01-16 12:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
1. Why are you tp'ing in Rajas Ring on thf?

Low D weapon means +1~2 fSTR has a high impact combined with a large volume of hits meaning that fSTR comes into play more often.

Frobeus said:
3. Why in the world are you ws'ing in a heca harness when you don't have Mercy?

It is a small offensive loss to retain a large amount of accuracy on thf multihit WS, which is very important, assuming we are talking about DE.

Ridill also sucks for THF in any serious situation :(

Just had to interject here.
 Ragnarok.Thoru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Thoru
By Ragnarok.Thoru 2009-01-16 13:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats how you skill club baby gogo your pwn.....

hope you did'nt waste gil on that club save your self money or level DRK or RNG.

K.club rng is insane but only seen in merit pts.
First Page 2 3