So..Wtf Is There To Farm Now?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Kujata » So..Wtf is there to farm now?
So..Wtf is there to farm now?
By Pantafernando 2020-12-01 14:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

In theory 1$ month is worth 8M.

Whats the rate of RMT nowaday? Im think its worse than that.

Regarding money, you need to be rational and not emotional.
By Pantafernando 2020-12-01 14:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Or just make a party then try beating as much mobs you can in odyssey.

Maybe you can earn something like 300~500k per char daily if you have a proper setup, what doesnt sounds bad for 30 mins work. The problem is that this gonna very quickly burn you out till you can not stand odyssey anymore, like those guys in dev trackers.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-01 14:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither is a rational option. Creating several mules (which need to be leveled and invest large amounts of time into in order to net the return gil) for a little extra gil per month is not a good suggestion for someone to come up with money.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-01 14:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth $1 unlocks the slot, not the character... you can delete that character 100 times and make 200m for $1
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-01 14:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Farm every single Empy. That alone should take you a year if you solely do that and nothing else.

You can farm the Empyrean KIs and hang onto them. People pay to speed this process up, so if you have a few good KIs stored, you can make good money instantly when the shouts come up.
By Pantafernando 2020-12-01 14:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
For what it's worth $1 unlocks the slot, not the character... you can delete that character 100 times and make 200m for $1

I actually am serious on investing them. Not just for the sparks, but a lot of possibilities can come from some exotic uses. Like proper mules that dont need to be carried through ambu, so multiplying the rewards, proper mules that can quickly clear mids in dyna div, you can can have like 15 mins 4 chances for beastman seal, 1~5m every 3 days (if you have other 2 chars that can enter dyna div though), aman orbs, several keys from campaign, etc.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-01 14:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You can make a ton of whm mules, unlock sch sub, get 99/49, all spells, then use cureplz bot or whatever. recycle gear from your main across all of your mules and you have a free party invite for ambuscade every month where one is needed (always).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-01 14:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Multiple mules is the biggest p2w you can do if you actually use them
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2020-12-01 15:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

With AMAN trove you don't need to have your mules active the entire month, you can reactivate them with 4 or 5 days left on your main's sub and pay the pro-rated rate of about 15 cents a character.
[+]
 Odin.Mrgamm
Server: Odin
user: MRGAMMV
By Odin.Mrgamm 2020-12-01 16:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest I have noticed there are fair amount of small things to grind/farm, which the community is capable of resourcing, granted the rate at which they may sell is the major issue.
Sad but still true 18+ years later crystals are the best to farm.
If you gain a reputation for offering a service or commodity, then your chances of "Farming" will be much greater.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-12-01 17:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bat Fangs and sheep tooth for making skeleton keys.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-12-01 17:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

I never thought I'd EVER EVER EVER have 999,999,999 gil and now I have it 20x over and it is all thanks to taking all 16 characters to 99. Did I get burnt out halfway through? Sure. Was it worth it? Hell yeah:

Well, there was a LOT more work done than just taking them to 99 with all the dailies and the monthlies. Oh god. PTSD flashbacks of the work I put in. I just realized I repressed it all.

Actually the entire getting-them-to-99 thing wasn't as bad as me wanting to take them all to Reisinjima for dark matter augments, but I got them all there as well. At the end, it felt really good to have them all set up. I had lots of fun doing lockstyles with them.

Oh, and SAVE SAVE SAVE. I rarely ever bought anything expensive other than Dynamis clears (was never gonna group up for them anyway), K-Club (back when it was still under 100m; forget how much.), and my Aeonic clear (which I paid an embarrassing amount for). Yes. Save money. It'll do ya good.

By Pantafernando 2020-12-01 18:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I managed to get 5x to RoV completed.

But anything more than that, i will just pull my hair lol...

16x 99 is pretty much a given for aman, though
By Jetackuu 2020-12-01 18:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
I rarely ever bought anything expensive other than Dynamis clears
lolwut? they're so easy...
[+]
By Rips 2020-12-01 18:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, you are all making me want to get my mules to 99 for AMAN. I read that guide on making them WHM and just getting an AoE job on an alt and doing it.

*** it. I'm doing it.
By Rips 2020-12-01 18:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Goddamn I did not think of this. Think of all the ambu you can do if you can multi box.

I have an I.GEO and a COR and a buddy who has PLD+RUN / SMN / WHM+SCH. Now I just have to convince him to give his life away to partner with me.

Or I have to build two more boxes.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-01 18:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

By Rips 2020-12-01 19:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes yes. Thank you, sensei.

For those that do AMAN, do you max out all your silver vouchers? Including Besieged?
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2020-12-01 20:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »

Yes yes. Thank you, sensei.

For those that do AMAN, do you max out all your silver vouchers? Including Besieged?

Only one I don't do is Campaign because it can take hours..
By Pantafernando 2020-12-01 21:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I just do 5, buy another 5 then monthly i have a mars and a venus.

Hello, conquest 30 kills, AH, HP homepoint, ambuscade.

On my mules with RoV completed, i also do dyna and omen quests.

Campaign, besieged and reive tend to take too long. If you already have dozens tries, it gets too time consuming. Reive maybe if the mule has a dmg job. 1 WKR can easily build the bayld, or 2~3 colo reives.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-12-01 21:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Omen and dyna-d entry are super easy to get once a month, no reason not to.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-12-01 21:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Asura.Aeonova said: »
I rarely ever bought anything expensive other than Dynamis clears
lolwut? they're so easy...

I havn't really teamed up with anyone in years. All of my friends quit Valefor (previously Kujata) years ago so I made my current character on Asura. I was already pushing what could be done solo to the limits on Valefor and on Asura... I have a linkshell, but that is only for chat.

Basically I play FFXI as a solo game and am kind of exceptional at it. It works for me and my personal goals I have set. My trusts don't complain about what I choose to do. I think the only time I team up with anyone is the rare Sinister Reign. Max damp tam still eludes me even though I am packing max nearly everything else (double max in some cases; hello taming saris!).

tl;dr: I paid for it because I could and was never going to join a linkshell for wins/farming or group up with pick-up yells for any reason otherwise.

{I'm playing solo right now.}
By Pantafernando 2020-12-02 01:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Omen and dyna-d entry are super easy to get once a month, no reason not to.

Yea, but getting there is... super annoying lol...

Probably two weeks of work doing it casually by completing RoV plus silly The road forks and Diabolos, then finally clearing all dream dynas zones.
By Pantafernando 2020-12-02 01:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus, dont forget you cant meet the reqs on Omen and Dyna D solo. You need to enter as a party in both of them to receive the voucher (its a given on dyna D but Omen too. Also ambuscade tbf).