Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Fast gear advice for a new SAM
Fast gear advice for a new SAM
 Sylph.Darkei
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Darkei
By Sylph.Darkei 2010-06-09 04:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So, my gf play with me, really I thought she leave before 75 but no lol (62atm and subjobs 40 <.<;)

now she decided sam as first main job, obviously no have ZM, CoP, assault, endgame events, until hit 75, so I think in this set (all AH)

(maybe pole grip and hachiman sune-ate before get rose strap)

Think is decent gear (tp) for start playing as 75 until get endame equip?

comments and suggestions gladly accepted, thank you
 Shiva.Xet
Server: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-09 04:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i suck at sam but hatchi hands would give you a 6 hit with 2 sTP merits? maybe 1.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-09 04:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xet said:
i suck at sam but hatchi hands would give you a 6 hit with 2 sTP merits? maybe 1.

He really does, it's like a train wreck in slow motion.
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-09 04:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

that's why i beat maat got a 6hit and stay off the ***.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-09 04:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xet said:
that's why i beat maat got a 6hit and stay off the ***.

Slightly off topic, but do you fancy helping me kill charby soon if I get claim?

I would ask you in game but I get the feeling we're both too tired to do anything in game atm.
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-09 04:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Random as hell but sure if i'm available.

@OP Looks fine but i think a 6 hit > 3% haste.

I'm sure a "real" samurai can confirm if what i said is right but im very sure it is.
 Unicorn.Sedres
Server: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-06-09 04:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hachiman Kote/Sune-Ate along with Shinimusha Haidate/Rose Grip will give you a 6-hit build, providing you keep Hachiman Sune-ate/Rose Grip for your WS (Rose Grip you have to keep in WS anyway, so no worries there).

Seeing as you already have Fuma Sune-ate, I'd suggest dropping Shinimusha Haidate, then the Hachiman Sune-Ate for TP once you have 5/5 sTP merits (could always keep Hachiman Sune-ate for WS, but if you don't need the sTP, there are better/cheaper options with a little work).

Assuming you have WotG, the Fourth Division Haube gear is pretty nice (legs and feet in particular) for WS. Other than that, there's not much else available without some end game events (especially true for TP legs).
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-06-09 04:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

that set looks just fine for being all AH / easy to get items. Assuming you cap store tp merits that set will give you a 6 hit, so until then you might not need the rose strap and those pants. Only improvements from AH i can think of is a PCC if you can afford it or have enough beastmen seals to try get a drop.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-06-09 04:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

All-in-all it's a decent setup, it'll get the job done if nothing else~ =)

When she gets ZM and Haidate, swap out to Hachiman Hands for TP (this also lets her drop Chiv Chain when she gets PCC).

I'm sure you know the ideal setup with 5/5 STP Merits (Rajas, Ecphoria, Brutal, Rose Strap). While Rajas and Brutal Earring are obviously out of the question at the moment (maybe not after the next few weeks, who knows? =P), you can swap Hachiman Hands in and take out Rajas, Ecphoria and Brutal.

Try to avoid stacking too much STP on though, for a 6-hit build more than +11(+21 pre-merits) is a waste.