Joining A JP Ls With Me Being A Loltourist...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Titan » Joining a JP ls with me being a loltourist...
Joining a JP ls with me being a loltourist...
 Titan.Ironbull
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Wildbull
By Titan.Ironbull 2010-05-26 03:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like these days JP are reliable in doing all the new ***, anyone got some tips on how they joined a JP ls lol... or is that not even an option with me speaking next to zero JP.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-05-26 03:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's always an option, I know a few JP people that joined my Chat LS. They didn't say much, but they did have fun with us when they found phrases they understood.

As long as you don't expect a lot of conversation, I'm sure you'll be able to find a LS that'll take you~
[+]
 Valefor.Viiju
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Viiju 2010-05-26 03:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Using auto-translate and kiss ***. A lot of JP women play this game. Suck up lol...
[+]
 Odin.Shylo
Server: Odin
user: Lana
By Odin.Shylo 2010-05-26 04:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I just recently joined a jp hnm shell and I, like you, know absolutely no Japanese. I probably wouldn't have been accepted if it weren't for knowing friends of a friend... All the leaders are bilingual, and tho 99.9% of linkshell chat is in Japanses, they will always auto-translate all important information. I guess my only advice would be to talk to friends? lol... get the word out; maybe shout...dunno if those are good anymore. I must say though, in my experience, jp shells are much more successful in their endeavors.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kawasaki
Server: Ifrit
user: kawasaki
By Ifrit.Kawasaki 2010-05-26 05:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
jp shells are much more successful in their endeavors.

nu-uh
[+]
 Odin.Shylo
Server: Odin
user: Lana
By Odin.Shylo 2010-05-26 17:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lol was unaware that you were "in my experience". . .

you illiterates should brush up on your English skills before you get on forums.
[+]
By Guenhwyvar 2010-05-31 22:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude, he's Canadian... to him that WAS English.

Illiterates posting online... it got a good chuckle out of me.

I reject your reality and replace it with my own.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-05-31 22:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

We had a number of JP players who spoke no EN in our NA shell. Similarly, we had a handful of NA players who spoke no JP in my JP shell. They both did equally well.

Just realize that if you don't speak the language, you are probably never going to get to be the hero.

Which is something I've found NA players tend to crave more than JP -- I think it's part of the individuality and independence inherent in the culture.
[+]
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Server: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-05-31 22:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

just getting it out of the way
 Sylph.Jax
Server: Sylph
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2010-05-31 22:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, what I would do is play a job thats useful but self explanatory, like WHM. o(^0^)b
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-05-31 22:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what?? Im Canadian, and IF I helped out alot of Jp, and I probab;y have, I feel it was a great honor in helping b.c I have seen that Jp peeps really get the job done, and that is like me. ( and Im the average run of the mill whitey who pays the bills). There is no need to hate, and tbh like Jaerik said, it may be a cultural thing..or not..I think its how you handle yourself and present yourself that tends to make ppl judge ya.

I have had no complaints with Jp.. like I said, I have had some in my parties.. and I love the attitude they bring.
 Phoenix.Avelle
Server: Phoenix
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-05-31 23:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
I have had no complaints with Jp.. like I said, I have had some in my parties.. and I love the attitude they bring.

Every DD must sub ninja to meripos, else you are a filthy gaijin who makes our healer work too hard! :P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Avelle
Server: Phoenix
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-06-01 08:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Tails said:
Phoenix.Avelle said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:

Every DD must sub ninja to meripos, else you are a filthy gaijin who makes our healer work too hard! :P

I'd take a Sam/Nin over a Sam/War any day of the week at mamools.

Regarding the topic, as long as strategies can be conveyed between you and the LS, then I see no problem, as long as you can get a foot in the door of a JP LS.

*Edited to stay on topic lol*

And for non Sam DD's? I sure hope you wouldn't take /nin DD's over /sam DD's, which was kinda what my post was referring to.
 Shiva.Lorielain
Server: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-06-01 09:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM/NIN/WAR is where it's at.
Casuals don't know how to double prestige class.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-01 09:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Avelle said:
Titan.Tails said:
Phoenix.Avelle said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:

Regarding the topic, as long as strategies can be conveyed between you and the LS, then I see no problem, as long as you can get a foot in the door of a JP LS.

And for non Sam DD's? I sure hope you wouldn't take /nin DD's over /sam DD's, which was kinda what my post was referring to.

Lol, if the JPs want me /nin I go /sam anyway just to piss them off
 Asura.Shinagami
Server: Asura
user: Shinagami
By Asura.Shinagami 2010-06-01 09:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Phoenix.Avelle said:
Titan.Tails said:
Phoenix.Avelle said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:

Lol, if the JPs want me /nin I go /sam anyway just to piss them off

it's funny how people won't co-operate. I lfg sam/war, and I'll go to the meripo as that unless specified otherwise. it makes the meriting experience less stressful if you don't piss off everyone in it (´_ゝ`)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-01 09:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

/nin sucks on war/drk/drg though.
 Caitsith.Alriath
Server: Caitsith
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-06-01 13:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

/nin sucks

Fixed.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-06-01 13:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Alriath said:
/nin sucks

Fixed.
I'm sure someone will come along and foam at the mouth with :"Its situational."

No its not, NIN just sucks, even with their new JAs.
[+]
 Diabolos.Slathe
Server: Diabolos
user: melachoir
By Diabolos.Slathe 2010-06-01 14:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I got into a JP linkshell through a crawlie's nest pt, didn't have my shell equipped. Although, I did blab with them in JP throughout most of it, I can't remember the exact topics but we hit it off real well, they gave me a pearl at the end of it. Great times, it was mostly a social with some high end events thrown in but there were only about 7-8 people in it total, another big factor for how well it went for me is that I was on during their times, and I came in w/o any expectations.

But like you said if you don't speak JP, I'd try for at least partying w/o a linkshell to show you're available, or forming a pt with some jp. You're probably already familiar with the JPONLY crap though, if you really want in just persevere, there are plenty of goodguys out there. Also if by loltourist you mean you're in japan right now that'll help some I'd think, I always had stuff to talk about when I was over there.

If you're only looking for groups that are "reliable about doing the new ***", then I'd bet a pot of money there are NA shells doing the same stuff, can hang out with them w/o any language issues, because I guarantee there will be many times in a foreign language ls where everyone's blabbing and you're just watching the text scroll up thinking HERP DERP.