users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Alchemy » Alchemy tips
Alchemy tips
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-05-22 09:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ok im sitting on 41k and my Alchemy is level 20 is their anything i can make that wont have me going broke and farming for Mats?
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-05-22 09:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Me synthing for you wont make you broke
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-05-22 09:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

dude your never online
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-05-22 22:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

41k? You're gonna need to build your bank up. For the most part alchemy is break even / minimal loss all the way up. But you're still going to need a sizable base to skill comfortably with. Otherwise you'll be making a few synths then waiting on those results to sell. Also, pro-tip when skilling, on consumables that sell fast or very fast; don't undercut huge chunks. If something is selling for 7k and it's a very fast or fast seller simply put it up for like 6950 or something. With that rate of sale you WILL sell your item. Don't cut your own gil by trying to be first.
 Asura.Cloverkitty
Server: Asura
By Asura.Cloverkitty 2010-05-22 23:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Due to the fact that you are unwilling to farm, make effort, or be broke, I would say you are pretty much out of luck.
You have a small amount of gil, (unable to buy needed mats). You want to at least break even or make money doing so, which is unlikely, most AH prices for mats usually coincide with the common item that it makes.

Best suggestion for being level 20 is farm some beechips and some slime oil. Make beeswax and then slime oil till you get to level 24. Then get some olive oil from the npc and make more slime oil till 29. You will sell your stuff as silent oil sells quite well, but you probably won't make much. However that will take you almost to 30 for very little cost, plus if you farm the base mats it actually extra funds and level.

Thanks
Cloverkitty
 Shiva.Steo
Server: Shiva
user: Steo
By Shiva.Steo 2010-05-22 23:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheap way to get from 20-29 is:

1: Buy 3 Trumpet Shell

2: Make some Carbon Dioxide

3: Turn that into Moval. Water

4: Then turn that into Baking Soda

5: Skill using the Baking Soda + Water Crystal for White Text. Dye

Synth in WG, all other ingrediants are purchasable from the npc's there.

Farm the crystals or clusters and its cheap as chips :D

You will get a lot of breaks at start but the White Text. Dye is only worth npc'ing anyways.

You may lose about 3k excluding the Trumpet Shells and crystals, but for 9 levels, thats cheap in my book.

EDIT: I'd also recommend you do this with A LOT of empty spaces in your inv./satchel

[+]