Budget Penta
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-05-23 07:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys really care too much about this stuff don't you? What more do you want me to say? Admit im doing it wrong and do things the way you do and that ill be better off? Cause i won't, so don't bother, i said im happy with what i use and parse results have proven it to me.

Yes, Dirtyfinger, i do have a seperate set with more ACC without riceballs but it just has never come close to the DMG i do with my current set.

And yeah my Galea has STR+4 WS ACC+15 WS DMG+2%.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-05-23 07:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think you're doing it wrong, and yes we do care about it that much to the point where someone who is quite blatantly wrong trying to justify their choices of gear to other people. I have wrote down the differences on the other post in math, which is more than you've done might I add.

I'm also fully aware that there is nothing anyone can say to change your mind as with alot of other bandwagon samurai's, the highest WS DMG = best samurai. Consistency means nothing of course. Parse against some other SAM's using the 'proven to be superior scenario' and come back with those results and I'd be more than happy to admit defeat, until then GL with things.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-05-23 07:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

quote me all your math i don't care, parse results dont lie. get over it mate.

Im doing it wrong, to whose standards? the elite Samaurai's of FFXIAH's forums? Sorry i dont live up to your standards, actually, im not sorry, don't see why i should be either..... your opinion is noted as is everyone elses and i appreciate the criticism but in the long run, its just that, your opinion. Have you tried this setup i use? Or you just running off your math? There are alot of variables to account for that math cannot, and sure while it is quite reliable to run a basis off it can't be used as 100% proof for anything.

Yes i have parsed against every type of Pole SAM i can think of, Full Usu pole sams using sushi, using riceballs, relic sams, gond sams, tomoe sams blah blah blah, i dont just base what i have said over 1 or 2 parse results... with Double Min/Double March, Min/March,Min/Madrigal etc etc all types of COR and BRD setups/songs and everytime bar one time i came out on top, even if only by a % or two, and no, its not all about the highest WS numbers its about the average WS DMG and overall % of dmg you do and i have nothing to prove to you, ive seen my own results, keep throwing this ***at me and ill just keep going off back at you, this dude can try whatever setup he likes, i never said my way is the only way or the best way, i just said IT WORKS WELL FOR ME and he should consider giving it a try, never told him "Oi ***, riceball set is the way and the only way DO EEEEETTTT!" just wanted to share my experiences.

Someone earlier also asked what balls i use, i use tonosama obviously, Shogun Balls you do not waste on birds, what kind of a *** *** would do that? LOL!

Vege boy, yes my nuevo has DA instead of Attack, mistake i made i know, when i get a chance/have the gil i will be buying a haub+1, so get over it lol xD when i made my first post i admitted my gear is quite shitty atm and far from perfect but it does its job and when i am geared better even more so =P

"Parse against some other SAM's using the 'proven to be superior scenario' and come back with those results and I'd be more than happy to admit defeat, until then GL with things."

I have ***, i already said i have, open your eyes mate. I don't see how 30-35k an hr is less than superior =)

Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-23 07:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
quote me all your math i don't care, parse results dont lie. get over it mate

Kindly post the parses please.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-05-23 07:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Show me then and..

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Parse against some other SAM's using the 'proven to be superior scenario' and come back with those results and I'd be more than happy to admit defeat.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-05-23 08:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
quote me all your math i don't care, parse results dont lie. get over it mate

Kindly post the parses please.

Already stated mate that i play on xbox360 and my friend has parsed all my results using KParser. If he has kept any copies ill score them off him and proudly post them.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-05-23 08:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry for double post, and sorry for the thread derailment Aiyana >.<. GL with any setup you choose to try dude =)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-23 12:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Parse results don't lie, but it's important to keep in mind that there's a hell of a lot you miss by just posting the basic parse info. Even if your parses are legit, there's a lot of doingitwrong going on here that skews things in your favor. In a properly set up meripo you'd be crushed by even a half decent sushi setup.
[+]
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-05-23 13:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Parse results don't lie, but it's important to keep in mind that there's a hell of a lot you miss by just posting the basic parse info. Even if your parses are legit, there's a lot of doingitwrong going on here that skews things in your favor. In a properly set up meripo you'd be crushed by even a half decent sushi setup.

Sorry, last time i was in a pt with Min/March against a SAM better geared using sushi i crushed him by about 5%. So sorry your wrong mate =)
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-23 13:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Give us proof then.

Don't state it unless you have the proof ready to back it up.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-23 13:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Sorry, last time i was in a pt with Min/March against a SAM better geared using sushi i crushed him by about 5%. So sorry your wrong mate =)

The day 75% accuracy beats 95% accuracy is a sad day for FFXI.

It's also not going to happen because he performs about 27% more successful attacks than you from accuracy alone and should have roughly the same number of extra weaponskills.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-23 13:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

lol @ the parses don't lie statement. All a parse shows is who the better player is. If you showed me even one of these parses, I could point out various reasons why the other sams plain sucked.
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-05-23 13:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanshin.

To expand on that:

Once Zanshin is accounted for, he's landed enough hits for it to be equal to having an 85% hit-rate.

At that points, it's 100 ATT and 2% DA vs. 20 ACC.
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-05-23 14:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You're all too narrow minded as far as I'm concerned. Taking Zanshin into account and gearing around it is not gearing to miss.

You're gearing to take advantage of an existing job trait that shouldn't be ignored.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-23 14:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If we're talking birds, you only need 600ish attack to cap w/ dia II, which can be done even on a kabob.
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-05-23 14:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I'm not saying he's geared right. However, you're all flat out saying it's impossible for him to have outparsed another SAM using sushi, due to his ACC, which isn't necessarily correct.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-23 14:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
Oh, I'm not saying he's geared right. However, you're all flat out saying it's impossible for him to have outparsed another SAM using sushi, due to his ACC, which isn't necessarily correct.
Who do you mean by "you're all" I already gave my stance on the parse.
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
lol @ the parses don't lie statement. All a parse shows is who the better player is. If you showed me even one of these parses, I could point out various reasons why the other sams plain sucked.

Again, you group me along with words I did not say nor agree with.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-23 14:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

He's giving up Haste and such for his setup as well. The accuracy deficiency above is still 11.8% of an attack frequency advantage to the sushi user (and they presumably have better WS averages and such due to consistency). All things being equal, I don't think he can win.
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-05-23 14:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It wasn't aimed at you. More of a blanket statement to the community.

Y'know, the ones who refuse to acknowledge Zanshin, besides to mock it.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-05-23 23:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

edit- finally read his wall o text, he answered my question :D lul.

but yea you can parse all you want if the person you are parsing against sucks then ofc your going to come out on top

inb4 he was parsing against full usu sam w/o merits.

summary-
you won't outparse any non-suck samurai.
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-05-23 23:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

He mentioned Full Usu SAM's using Sushi. Need I say more?
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-05-24 02:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

lol still going on about it, get over it ladies =)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-24 02:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Your set still fails
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-05-24 02:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Your set still fails

lotta my gear sucks yeah but my set still works, get over it, not perfect and its a work in progress but it still does the job!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-24 02:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Your set still fails

lotta my gear sucks yeah but my set still works, get over it
Over it? It never bothered me to begin with. If you were in my party with that ***gear, sure, then maybe there'd be something to get over, but as you are now, it has 0 effect on me.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-24 02:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Previous statement also applies to your drg and your gkt build for sam, too

Edit: and war

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-05-24 02:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Your set still fails

lotta my gear sucks yeah but my set still works, get over it
Over it? It never bothered me to begin with. If you were in my party with that ***gear, sure, then maybe there'd be something to get over, but as you are now, it has 0 effect on me.

doubt you would ***all over me with your setup, might beat me by a few %, but still wouldnt walk all over me no matter the songs/rolls. In fact with your gear you would benefit more from riceballs than me, much more >.> Don't know why everyone is so against it when half of you if not more haven't even tried it yet. ZGo on read your math, follow the herd, *** sheep the lot of yas.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-24 02:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
NQ Battle Fork? Gimp.
Try harder :)

9hit > 10hit

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.