Most memorable lot drop you ever won
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2017-12-11 18:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just curious to see what everyone's most memorable winning lot was at 75 cap. My most memorable winning lot for sure was my hachiryu haidate, nothing has ever came close in this game to reliving that moment for me besides my first byakko,s haidate.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2017-12-11 18:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Adaberk! (Back way before the level 75 cap was raised)
Thanks to the hard work of my LS (Vibe)!
By Kodaijin 2017-12-11 19:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

W. Body was my white whale. Chased it for years!
Ever since I saw a JP rdm wearing it back in early 2004.

In ~2007ish Ls leader gave the go ahead to lot it which I won, jumped up and down and scared my girlfriend before realizing the LS leader (Diavolo... you Jerkass)decided to lot on it and win it.

In the end I never won fair and square. Bought it. Didn’t have the same feel. At all.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2017-12-11 19:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

finally getting my Byakko's was pretty monumental back in the day. a lot of "big" drops back then came with such an adrenaline rush that few things have been able to replicate.

the only thing to come close since was winning Tartarus Platemail the only time we ever actually saw it drop off Plouton. within a week they introduced the chance of getting it from KI trading, but it was a pretty heated duel of lots between a ~dozen people.
 Leviathan.Louisoix
Server: Leviathan
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-12-11 19:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Blood Cuisses, because those were reserved for rdm and pld. And i was just a lowly DRG. felt good. XD
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-12-11 19:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shining Cloth for my Noble's tunic. (around early 2005) pre COP

Was in a sky linkshell that did sky runs every sunday, but it was shaky with our main tank leaving for another better known LS.

Leader felt sorry for me who had been main healing for months for no drops really so one sunday he asked some other LS to help us kill a Kirin, as we had the pops for a while and the extra bodies helped us brute force it.

I think the other motive was to get an Osode for one of the LS members as well, but I felt special that day.
[+]
 Valefor.Starvinmarvin
user: Woodsman
By Valefor.Starvinmarvin 2017-12-11 20:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

W. Cuisses as well. Was next to receive (most points), but the LS leader decided to lot with me. I won, and bought the HQ just to rub it in. I think he ended up kicking me from LS that same day too lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-12-11 20:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably my Hecatomb Harness. Someone once told us that our linkshell would never be able to kill Kirin. Well, no matter how ugly it was, we succeeded and overcame that negativity. On our first win, my gang told me I should lot the N.Body that dropped. I said we should just free-lot it but they insisted I take it. It was a good feeling to do events with people like that, and it still is.
[+]
 Odin.Welp
Server: Odin
user: Welp
By Odin.Welp 2017-12-11 20:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Winning claim on Shikigami Weapon for my Yinyang robe. Was glorious :)
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2017-12-14 00:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Early years osode was another good one for me also I should have mentioned.
 Odin.Kealoha
Server: Odin
user: Kealohaa
By Odin.Kealoha 2017-12-14 01:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Joyeuse. I lotted a 400 and miraculously, the other 11 with me couldn't beat it. Lol.
 Bismarck.Jdeep
user: jdeep
By Bismarck.Jdeep 2017-12-14 01:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Soboro sukehiro when Riverne was capped. Only one dropped after many fights and many wipes.
 Asura.Vienner
Server: Asura
By Asura.Vienner 2017-12-14 01:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing, when I dont see immediate use for it I'll just pass for others (we always run with the linkshell) and when something does drop that I really want I always roll epic low.
Luckily we have some kind of lot track system in place or I'd still be running around in sparks gear.

Oh but there was that one time in old dynamis that finally after like 50 runs hastewhoring on rdm that my sweet rdm hat dropped....
only to get ninjalotted from beneath my nose by the ls troll who got removed from the shell afterwards.
 Asura.Seriweri
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2017-12-14 02:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

For myself, that would be Novio Earring, from our first JoL back then, server first too (unicorn), and one of the rare occasions that I rolled 100+ on anything of significance. It was also the only novio drop on the server for at least 3 months, so it was quite special too.

The funniest thing ever tho was when I won a ridill lot on a friends' account who couldn´t attend DA that day. I hid it in his storage between stacks of crap. Took him 2 days to find it :D
[+]
By Pankas 2017-12-14 03:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine his misty, watery 4x4 room with only small door. I spend straight 4 months (4-6 hours a day), made around 60 mil. just selling drops from the area, have friends come and go, just to keep my sanity. I killed it whole 75 times just to get slap in the face with a note "Please, come again!!!". Another slap in a face was, when good friend of mine went 1/1. I was still going...

On 76th kill here it was - THIEF's KNIFE. Same day we did Dynamis- Xarcabard and i got TH hands.

From TH2 to TH4 in one day,no other drops came close to this excitement.
[+]
By Wasteland 2017-12-14 07:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM Relic head!
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-12-14 08:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a two-fer...
Koga Tekko, in the first Dyna-Xarc run I did, then a week later, Tekko -1, in the first Dyna-Bubu run I did, on the same day I got Dreamlands access.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-14 08:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish I had something to write in here, can't think of anything though...
[+]
By Taint 2017-12-14 08:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Duplus grip back when it was epic and rare.

We did a team up run with another shell. (we took turns on drops) It dropped and I lotted a 996.

Edit: Duplus is lvl99 but still was epic as ***at the time.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-14 09:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Soboro Sukehiro. This was a popped NM though, so you could farm it to your heart's content.

First memorable drop had to have been Osode. Following around that Manticore for hours in a chi blast rotation was pretty cool for the time. LSs back then were all points based, and after the leader stole all the good drops and linkshell bank, we bottomfeeders finally got ours.

The MOST memorable drop I ever got? Think it was the Haidate that dropped from the Khimaira in Caedarva Mire on Hediva Island. I won it over an "elite" player. After winning, he proceeded to roast me about how only the gimpest players who deal the least damage get the best drops. It was a shout group.
 Valefor.Gorns
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2017-12-14 16:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Joyeuse !
Then wyyrmal legs and Osode
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2017-12-14 16:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Gorns said: »
Joyeuse !
I remember when you were there for Joyeuse and I was camping that fish person NM whatever its called lol <.<;
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-12-14 18:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

shenlongs, 08, kill like #3 of any server. Pup main.
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-12-14 18:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

started a 6 man pt for soboro back then and ended up with 16 ppl . after 11 hours there i got the gk myself as the last person and everyone went afk/zzz on the spot.
 Valefor.Gorns
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2017-12-15 03:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
Valefor.Gorns said: »
Joyeuse !
I remember when you were there for Joyeuse and I was camping that fish person NM whatever its called lol <.<;

Charybdis was it ?
Yeah there was a damn competition on these NM’s and ToD. Servers were still alive and AH was working well ..
[+]
By axetofall 2017-12-16 07:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Steam Clock from Bubbly Bernie. Haha 500 Gil for me ***. Bling bling!
[+]
By Seralonde 2017-12-16 07:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Behemoth Tongue from KB back in '07 (i think, lol).
By Beau 2017-12-16 12:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I once snaked an Optical Hat from someone else's pop (and I didn't have one) in a pick-up group by faking AFK for a doorbell. I timed the 5 minutes perfectly to where I came back seconds before it was supposed to drop to someone else, lotted, won, and said I accidentally lotted and meant to pass.
First Page 2