Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Xbox 360 controller won't work once game boots up
Xbox 360 controller won't work once game boots up
By aisukage 2017-11-13 18:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So it's been well over a year since i last played. I remember the last time there were issues using Xinput but this time round in pad config it would not detect my controller unless i put Xinput on.

so i did that and did config E since i read up on that. I was able to change the buttons as i saw fit after that point by pressing the buttons on my controller so i thought it got it working. I tested the controller and all the buttons seemed responsive.

That is until i get into game and then it just doesn't want to work at all. I have absolutely no idea why this would be happening. Any help would be highly appreciated. Many Thanks
By Jetackuu 2017-11-13 18:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like you're using the wrong config for your region. Verify that you're using the right config in the proper Tools folder. Example: ToolsUS would be for the US client, or you could always configure them all.

That being said, some have had issues getting directx to work without installing the 360 controller driver manually (running the .exe instead of just allowing M$ to auto install the driver), in which case you can grab the driver for your appropriate bit version and install.
By aisukage 2017-11-13 18:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You sir are great. I used the config in the ToolsEU folder since i am from the UK and was pretty sure i had always set it up using that folder and never had this kind of issue but many thanks i got it working after setting it up in the ToolsUS folder.
[+]