Forum » FFXI » General » EU LS
EU LS
 Cerberus.Katero
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Katero
By Cerberus.Katero 2017-11-05 05:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello! I am wondering, if there is still an active EU-timezone friendly LS out there - on any server. Looking forward to log back in during the return campaign and willing to jump servers if provided a new home. thx :)
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-05 11:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I got two shells, my dads which is a social LS for anyone at any time, and my event LS which is more for players looking to do endgame stuff. /tell me in-game for a pearl.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Justuas 2017-11-05 13:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
There's a few on Asura. I think some of the oldest servers like Ragnarok and Shiva are JP heavy now and most EU left.
Most are in Asura indeed.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-05 13:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura is a bit crowded though. It doesn't need to be the default location, other servers have something to offer despite the lower numbers. Quantity is not always better than quality.
[+]
By Elazar1 2017-11-05 13:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There’s plenty of room on Asura really is, people seem to forget every server had well over 2k peeps, Asura only has at most 1600 on. And a good amount are just afk
[+]
By Elazar1 2017-11-05 13:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

People talk so much crap, about the server that have never been to it
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-05 13:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Elazar1 said: »
There’s plenty of room on Asura really is, people seem to forget every server had well over 2k peeps, Asura only has at most 1600 on. And a good amount are just afk

Other servers could really do with more players. Asura doesn't "need" anymore. We have players on Cerberus (and I've talked to players on other servers in a similar place) who would really love to see more returning players join them. I don't understand why everyone must congregate on one server just because they have more players.

It doesn't necessarily make it better for the OP, unless that's what they're looking for. We've had players jump to Cerb from Asura to get away from certain individuals and groups. That's not me blasting the entire server .. it's just very clear that some players don't make it as much of a welcoming experience as some claim. I have friends (former Cerbians) on Asura who are great people, who have nothing to do with all that.

Edit: Only 1600? Jeez .. that's like, 3-4 other servers populations all in one place.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-05 15:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Asura is a bit crowded though.
You've never been here. It is perfect for EU players. I don't even know about NA times but that is CLEARLY irrelevant to this discussion.
It doesn't need to be the default location, other servers have something to offer despite the lower numbers.
I didn't say it did. I merely answered the OP's question. Your server inferiority complex is showing again.
Quantity is not always better than quality.
Noone said it does. Don't get too defensive as you usually do. I'd put Cerb and Levi as secondary options to Asura, but nowhere near Asura and definitely ahead of old servers for EU players.

The game needs merging into like 5 servers at this stage. No more.

Sigh. I've been asking for a server merge for the longest time. Apologies for being confrontational, I have to go above and beyond to find/retain players, it's nothing personal.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-11-05 16:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Noone said it does. Don't get too defensive as you usually do. I'd put Cerb and Levi as secondary options to Asura, but nowhere near Asura and definitely ahead of old servers for EU players.

The game needs merging into like 5 servers at this stage. No more.[/quote]
You can find a home anywhere, always depends on what you want to do, what you can provide and who you want to be around. If you do not find a home on Cerb, Try Leviathan and talk to some one like Katriina or any of the EU ppl we have here, most are good ppl.
[+]
 Asura.Ryujinjakka
Server: Asura
user: Antonaki
By Asura.Ryujinjakka 2017-11-05 17:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »
There's a few on Asura. I think some of the oldest servers like Ragnarok and Shiva are JP heavy now and most EU left.
Most are in Asura indeed.

Really? Who?
By Elazar1 2017-11-05 18:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So here is why people leave small servers to get ***done, I wanted a aeonic I was not going to get one on baha, only 2 ls on there able to do ***and full, one month one Asura in joined a great ls, I don’t stand in town now seeing 5 yells a day if lucky. Their is so much to do, small servers you can keep it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Antonaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2017-11-05 18:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So here is why people leave small servers to get ***done, I wanted a aeonic I was not going to get one on baha, only 2 ls on there able to do ***and full, one month one Asura in joined a great ls, I don’t stand in town now seeing 5 yells a day if lucky. Their is so much to do, small servers you can keep it.

I have been on Assura for over 2 years, the only "EU LS" i found was full of people that were 1) constantly afk or 2) didn't do ***.
By maxiel 2017-11-05 21:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure that's the same in Asura. All the Aeonic shells have very specific or no recruitment. The geared players have no interests joining shout groups or mingling with lesser geared players unless its to provide mercs. The "casuals" are fine with using their gil as a means of achievement and that keeps people at the top happy.

The in between "returning vets" w/ high hopes who are struggling to get back to relevancy run into a wall. That's why it makes sense that there are people who actually transfer away from Asura. A handful of them are in one of my shells. It's just a quiet process people don't notice because there's no interaction with them.

The calls of "welcome to Asura" across various boards can attract people who want a simple way to play. It didn't favor those who wanted to work their way up to join the most demanding content.

Also people didn't like dealing with competition, congested queue times and having party spots taken by the plentiful REMA options Asura has.
[+]
By Afania 2017-11-06 03:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

maxiel said: »

Pretty sure that's the same in Asura. All the Aeonic shells have very specific or no recruitment. The geared players have no interests joining shout groups or mingling with lesser geared players unless its to provide mercs. The "casuals" are fine with using their gil as a means of achievement and that keeps people at the top happy.

The in between "returning vets" w/ high hopes who are struggling to get back to relevancy run into a wall. That's why it makes sense that there are people who actually transfer away from Asura. A handful of them are in one of my shells. It's just a quiet process people don't notice because there's no interaction with them.

The calls of "welcome to Asura" across various boards can attract people who want a simple way to play. It didn't favor those who wanted to work their way up to join the most demanding content.

Also people didn't like dealing with competition, congested queue times and having party spots taken by the plentiful REMA options Asura has.

He also has 15 REMA(college degree) and 4 job master jobs....in other words his positive experience can't apply to majority of casual/returning/new player because most people don't bring as much to the table in endgame settings, thus they can't replicate the same experience.

Since Kylos already offered a pearl and his LS is strong enough to beat kirin/woc(therefore 99% of melee-able escha NM would be 0 issue), fat chances are OP will progress faster in his LS than trying to get into aeonic LS on a 1600 people server full of REMA vet and get rejected, then resort to PUG for low/mid tier NM clears and waste a lot of time.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-06 04:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Greetings Katero,

I have to agree with most of the opinions in regards to EU groups operating in smaller servers.
Most (not all) got various opportunities to head to Asura during the -Aeonic Surge Mode- simply because people there worked day and night to crack things up and shared their knowledge over Forums.

I personally admire Asura’s enthusiasm in providing an immersive experience first hand, yet it does draw “some” lines on who can actually join the pioneers of endgame.

If you’re returning from a long break, probably it’s best to try out few EU linkshells in your server and check how fast you can pick things up, I’m more than sure that Kylos will offer so much and demand nothing in return.

Leviathan is another option for you and you’re more than welcome to join, EU players here usually coordinate with some US players on some events during peak hours of EU (8 PM Uk Time) and the overlap usually happens around 10 PM, we are lucky to have this overlap since many of these US players are from the “older” generation who grow up playing this game, so they do have more time to operate with other time-zones.

Leviathan is a healthy server in terms of JP:EU:US ratios and they do treat one another with respect and exchange knowledge and strats, it might not show in shouts simply because it feels more like a family than anything else.
We also don’t do mercs and returning players can join in daily events [Vagary,Delve,Omen,UNM,Incrusion] and Aeonics.

Wishing you the best of luck.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katero
user: Katero
By Cerberus.Katero 2017-11-06 05:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx for taking your time to share your thoughts/experience/suggestions with me :)
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-11-06 07:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

we got alot german / austrian /swizz ppl here on rag . and overall good EU population.