New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » HP set
HP set
By geigei 2017-10-17 14:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Can i go higher than this:

ItemSet 353796

3267hp as taru and 48pdt. Capped in escha but for outside will probably need hq rings, maybe change body and waist? taru have 60hp belt.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-10-17 15:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Moonlight cape
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-10-17 15:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

AF+3 body, Regal Gauntlets have high HP if you can find a way to work them in.

Turms leggings has less hp than Carmine Path D, but they have much more meva and Inquartata +4.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-17 18:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

the real question is if you want to get hp higher than that, because stacking hp is pretty pointless if you lose it every time you swap into another set.. i aim for around 3000 and keep the same value in every set i use.. i've found that there's nothing that will kill me at this amount of hp and it leaves a little more flexibility for other useful gear in tanking sets

idle/tanking w/o parry:
ItemSet 352430

tanking w/ parry:
ItemSet 347719

fc:
ItemSet 352431

enmity:
ItemSet 352375
[+]
By geigei 2017-10-18 01:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason i coulnd't add af3 body, this set was great for this month ambush since i was doing all the kiting, i do have my parry set and others. This is strictly high hp, also good for Fu where you just eat it.
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-10-27 10:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm surprised you don't use Ogma's Cape, especially in the parry build. I've become much more interested in magic evasion than max HP, and so Ogma's (MEva+30 Enmity+10) is a staple in all my DT builds now.

I literally only use my Moonbeam Cape for 2 things on RUN: One For All and my interrupt build.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-27 10:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Will agree on the m.eva being nice, but RUN doesn't have souveran to be able to immediately shrug off one shots. The extra HP and capped DT mean more to me than reducing average damage taken by a little bit. Sustaining MP and cure speed are not really an issue in anything except O/U MT, where I'd say switching it up is a good idea.

Just comes down to sacrifices, if I had epeo I would probably be more likely to use ogma's. My RUN char is newer than my idrises and I kept putting off coalitions.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-10-27 13:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, yeah, Epeo changes priorities for sure. With Epeo and solid magic evasion, I find that stuff tends to fall into a few distinct damage ranges: 0-200 for most stuff, 1000-1500 for "big" moves like Glassy Gorger's Spirit Absorption or what have you, and then 5k+ for stuff you won't be surviving period.

Changing Epeo to Aettir, some of those 1500 hits would likely flatten me or come close, so I could see wanting a bit more max HP.
By Boshi 2017-10-27 14:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

gold moogle belt.

also kinda silly to list but me and someone else in my static both have for all our melee jobs a quick maxhp/minhp sets for the 500hp objective in omen

macro:
//gs equip sets.MaxHP
/wait 1
//gs equip sets.MinHP (mostly body/legs/ect = empty, DT gear that doesnt have hp+, guess can do hp- ***like pixie)

---
adhemar+1 body for path D fc10 is still pretty silly but is still bis lol

you could also do taeon body with fc+5 (9 total) and put a HP+50 aug -but- the hp aug is same slot as phalanx+
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-10-27 17:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Spell interrupt occupies the same slot as fast cast, so if you want an interrupt build you need two anyway. I threw HP+50 on my fast cast body, and phalanx on my interrupt body. It's been working well for me.

There's also an HP+80 MP+80 augment path on Carmine Greaves +1, and of course you can do HP+80 on cape too.

Also, if you're like me and don't have a Gold Moogle Belt, Oneiros Belt is next best with HP+55.