Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Starting Fresh Job question
Starting Fresh Job question
By Evilwyzeguy 2017-09-13 00:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm playing on Asura but figured this is a any server question. I started playing a few weeks ago and so far have a 119 Thf and Rng but noticed they are not really wanted until you have something REMA. What class would you say would be a good starter class to get into runs to get gear and whatnot. Any answers are appreciated.
P.S. Not new to the game just back after a very long break and have RoV finished for the exp boosts.
By Staleyx 2017-09-13 00:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Being on Asura and not having any REMA glowy. I would say either whm or sch to get into escha content if they are full on dd's. If heart set on a DD do blu.
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-09-13 01:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Scholar is a very versatile job that can be used for a lot of content. It doesn't require you to have any of the REMs to play at a high level either. You can be a solid healer, a strong nuker, and even a skillchain opener for magic burst setups, which gives you a lot of roles you can fill.

If you are looking to play a dd, most people will want one that glows unfortunately.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-09-13 01:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH and WHM will have a fair bit of gear overlap. SCH will be MUCH more able to contribute initially as well, because WHM at really low gear levels can be really tough in some content. SCH can be entirely naked and still perform it's role in a MB setup, and just needs JSE and JP to cap out on that role.
[+]
By Evilwyzeguy 2017-09-13 01:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I had SCH back in the day and enjoyed it glad to see it's still worth doing. Might pick that up again and give it a try. Thanks for the answers. Always open to new / more info.