Forum » FFXI » General » Kubool Ja Mhuufya
Kubool Ja Mhuufya
 Asura.Zart
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2017-09-07 21:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I was trying to farm Kubool Ja Mhuufya for Amymone pops, and I soon discovered how annoying it was to kill but this particular NM had me wondering. Basically when Mhuufya gets low on HP, Vigilant Kubool ja comes to its aid and uses reward (BST heal for pets), and heals it 100%.
So I was wondering if Vigilant Kubool can be kited far away from Mhuufya so it doesnt reward (bst heal). The problem is it takes at least a few minutes to kill though Viligant Kubool ja and after you do kill it, Mhuufya seems to spam pecking furry very often and often reset enmity for no reason...
can anyone give me advice on how to conquer this NM
By anik 2017-09-07 22:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

1 very potent SC MB, kill it in one shot. Or be meticulous, melee mhuufya til vigilant kubool ja pops. Kill master with SC MB, then beat up Mhuufya.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-09-07 22:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much what was said above. I play with multiple accounts now so I can't quite recall, but would trust still retain hate if you switched targets to kill the Mamool before going back to the bird? I usually kill him when he pops, then the bird.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-08 02:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have multiple accounts anymore but I soloed this fight plenty of times with just trusts.
I can't remember the job I was on gdi.
Which jobs have you been trying to bring it down on? Just BST?
Which trusts did you have out?

UNM campaign starting in a few days (2x Coffers on each kill) I suggest you wait until september the 11th to farm it.

*think* I was on RUN when I did this. Wiped a couple of times when a bad stream of TP moves happened at the wrong time, but usually I could kill it np.
Damage the Colibri > Let the Mamool appear then move to it and kill it > go back to the Colibri.
I bet Ninja with the right gear could do it as well.

If you can get some friends and set up a Mage pt of course that's gonna be even easier. With a SC + MB you might really kill it before the Mamool even pops.
Do you have any mage job to offer? Have you tried shouting?
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-09-08 07:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zart said: »
I was trying to farm Kubool Ja Mhuufya for Amymone pops, and I soon discovered how annoying it was to kill but this particular NM had me wondering. Basically when Mhuufya gets low on HP, Vigilant Kubool ja comes to its aid and uses reward (BST heal for pets), and heals it 100%.
So I was wondering if Vigilant Kubool can be kited far away from Mhuufya so it doesnt reward (bst heal). The problem is it takes at least a few minutes to kill though Viligant Kubool ja and after you do kill it, Mhuufya seems to spam pecking furry very often and often reset enmity for no reason...
can anyone give me advice on how to conquer this NM
When I duo box this I've never had a issue with hate. I do not believe it has a reset hate move
By Nyarlko 2017-09-08 10:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been in groups that smashed it flat before, but that Reward always goes off. Don't think it's possible to drop it below 1% until the Kubool Ja is down.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-09-08 12:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
I've been in groups that smashed it flat before, but that Reward always goes off. Don't think it's possible to drop it below 1% until the Kubool Ja is down.
Fact