Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Rhapsodies Solo Jobs
Rhapsodies Solo Jobs
By abknight 2017-09-06 00:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Which jobs are capable of soloing (with trusts) all of the Rhapsodies content, assuming you only have access to mediocre gear? By mediocre, I mean AF/Relic/Emp +1 gear, and older 119 weapons like those dropped by AA. I have access to all but the Omen trusts and really just want to finish the storyline.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-09-06 01:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a video of a guy soloing the last boss on thf in full eminence gear so it should be doable by most jobs. Might take you a few tries though.
 Valefor.Chaska
Server: Valefor
user: chas1200
By Valefor.Chaska 2017-09-06 02:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

can solo easy enough with black mage. Keep gravity on CoD, stone skin/ aquavail on, kite and nuke.. fire or thunder work best.
geo trusts work best for me.
By Chimerawizard 2017-09-06 05:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

someone told me they adjusted the final fight to make it easier. that true?
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2017-09-06 06:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i did it on MNK with trusts, was long but doable
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2017-09-06 06:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I did it all with SCH using 2 year outdated gear, I did die in the final fight but it had helix on and I was able to continue weakened. Very easy as mage
 Valefor.Chaska
Server: Valefor
user: chas1200
By Valefor.Chaska 2017-09-06 06:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it was made easier, but gear has got so much more overpowered since the release, that it may seem easier.
 Asura.Esoj
Server: Asura
By Asura.Esoj 2017-09-06 07:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Was able to do this for ppl on pup with outdated gear.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2017-09-06 08:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo'ed it on blu 1/1 the day after it came out in af+alluvion gear. Just make sure to always die within range for the npc to raise you. After you raise, call your trusts and engage while you're still weak, then stand back until you unweak. Repeat until you win. Took me about 19 minutes.

Honestly, I did this fight after reading the guide that said "you cannot fail this fight" so I played it imagining it was unfailable. Maybe it was just a matter of "if really believe something it will happen," but I guess the short answer is: blu.
By Chefnick 2017-09-06 08:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Did it all solo as Pup. Mostly Af+1
By abknight 2017-09-06 09:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all of the replies. Sounds like most jobs could probably do it now. Pure caster is the only role I've never mained in XI so I may gear BLM or SCH up a bit and crank through the remaining missions. I remember leaving off in Reisenjima having to kill 3 corse, and my BST was way too undergeared to solo it at the time, so hopefully this goes smoother.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2017-09-06 09:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

abknight said: »
Thanks for all of the replies. Sounds like most jobs could probably do it now. Pure caster is the only role I've never mained in XI so I may gear BLM or SCH up a bit and crank through the remaining missions. I remember leaving off in Reisenjima having to kill 3 corse, and my BST was way too undergeared to solo it at the time, so hopefully this goes smoother.

The kill X mobs in Reisenjima missions were nerfed - if you have a player on those in your group, the level of the relevant mobs gets reduced when you aggro them. So you'd likely have an easier time with that part now.
By abknight 2017-09-06 12:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
abknight said: »

The kill X mobs in Reisenjima missions were nerfed - if you have a player on those in your group, the level of the relevant mobs gets reduced when you aggro them. So you'd likely have an easier time with that part now.

Excellent. Reisenjima is scary enough solo with true sight mobs and not knowing where I'm going.
Server: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
user: Patrik
By Kearmo Keyelix 2017-09-06 13:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I soloed final mission on a just barely 119 blu geared via Roe quests.it was pretty challenging until I got shanttoto II. Could be done without her but she and a good tank trust, like Amchuchu, is a huge help. Takes a lot of trial and error and learning to get trusts out of boss''s face, but was very doable.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-06 13:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sch