Expansion Announced!!!?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Expansion Announced!!!?
Expansion Announced!!!?
By clearlyamule 2017-09-08 19:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

My dream expansion is a world where we actually get to obtain the trophy items from Pankration... and an entire area that can only be accessed by monstrosity monsters to explore!
By anik 2017-09-08 22:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
My dream expansion is a world where we actually get to obtain the trophy items from Pankration... and an entire area that can only be accessed by monstrosity monsters to explore!
My dream is for an expansion, I heard there were talks at SE and Sony about an expansion.
 Ragnarok.Camlann
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2017-09-08 22:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

"heard"
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2017-09-08 22:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Mine would be an unexpansion that removes all the lv80+ content/abyssea, unnerfs RNG back to its 2004 glory days, mobs wont unspawn, agro is party shared regardless, 15 miles up hill both directions in Uleguerand Range, that's the way it was and we liked it.
Server: Asura
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2017-09-09 00:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i actually dont mind them to renew a new ffxi as 75 era same exact things but better ui and a new graphic engine.
[+]
 Asura.Heeroyuy
By Asura.Heeroyuy 2017-09-09 03:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would they talk to Sony about an expansion, Sony wouldn't play any part in that. Only reason they would talk to them is if they were planning to repackage FFXI for PS4 release, highly doubtful.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-09-09 05:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

And this is why crack is wack
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-09-09 07:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Heeroyuy said: »
Why would they talk to Sony about an expansion, Sony wouldn't play any part in that. Only reason they would talk to them is if they were planning to repackage FFXI for PS4 release, highly doubtful.
If I had to guess they stumbled on some undated article from before SoA, when they had to negotiate a larger partition on the PS2 HDD since it was still getting PS2 release in Japan.

Otherwise
Asura.Ina said: »
Fever dreams.

An expansion *could* happen if SE wanted to, but with the dedication of what remains of XIs playerbase everyone would have heard about it the moment Matsui (Is he still in charge) farted while considering it. There would be an OP full of links followed by a thread of people who had all heard the same thing.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-09-09 08:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
An expansion *could* happen if SE wanted to, but with the dedication of what remains of XIs playerbase everyone would have heard about it the moment Matsui (Is he still in charge) farted while considering it. There would be an OP full of links followed by a thread of people who had all heard the same thing.

How dare you imply that Matsui farts <.<
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-09-09 09:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't see SE doing another MMO from scratch given how the market has stagnated with just WoW at the top and not much growth.

If they intend to 'refresh' their MMOs after XIV, it makes a lot of sense to go back and redo XI. There will be a built in audience and a nostalgia factor. And by that point it may make sense to finally shut down the old XI and or leave it to private servers.

I'm just not sure if it will be the game we want.

I also have a feeling the mobile game is either being massively reworked as a cross-platform game (mobile/console/pc) with beefier gameplay or it's just not going anywhere and it in development hell.
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2017-09-09 09:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
I can't see SE doing another MMO from scratch given how the market has stagnated with just WoW at the top and not much growth.

If they intend to 'refresh' their MMOs after XIV, it makes a lot of sense to go back and redo XI. There will be a built in audience and a nostalgia factor. And by that point it may make sense to finally shut down the old XI and or leave it to private servers.

I'm just not sure if it will be the game we want.

I also have a feeling the mobile game is either being massively reworked as a cross-platform game (mobile/console/pc) with beefier gameplay or it's just not going anywhere and it in development hell.

lol your wrong have u read the forums from sony and Daybreak games since 2013 ? and pantheon rise of the fallen (EQ original developers) seems to have the system of ffxi + everquest but ***the *** Gameplay and animation is trash 1990 with no main quest so yes there are still players for this kind of mmo that is not generic and no SC + magic burst and the deph of xi.
By anik 2017-09-09 18:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I completely argue with you 100%
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-09-09 20:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

anik said: »
I heard there were talks at SE and Sony about an expansion.
Name your source.

$10 says it's some iteration of "my father works at Sony/Square Enix" or something stupid like that
By anik 2017-09-09 22:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ok
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-09-09 22:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So, you heard all this but can't say who said it.

Like I said before, this whole thread is a troll.

So, back to donuts it is.

And tacos.

And taco donuts.

[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-09-10 00:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What about taco pizza's?