Expansion Announced!!!?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Expansion Announced!!!?
Expansion Announced!!!?
First Page 2 3
By anik 2017-09-05 19:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard SE was in talks with Sony about revamping FFXI and FF14 merging the universes having the Universes unlockedable or something to that effect aftermath etc..?
[+]
 Cerberus.Zonobia
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Zonobia
By Cerberus.Zonobia 2017-09-05 21:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

My gut tells me you heard wrong.

There have been talks of FFXI being redone in some way for mobile devices...but that doesn't have anything to do with FF14.
[+]
 Valefor.Artemys
Server: Valefor
user: Artemys
By Valefor.Artemys 2017-09-05 21:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Alternate realities have been established on both Games, but it's unlikely.
 Asura.Arico
Server: Asura
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2017-09-05 22:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

an·nounce
əˈnouns/Submit
verb
past tense: announced; past participle: announced
make a public and typically formal declaration about a fact, occurrence, or intention.
"the president's office announced that the state of siege would be lifted"
synonyms: make public, make known, report, declare, divulge, state, give out, notify, publicize, broadcast, publish, advertise, circulate, proclaim, blazon
"their financial results were announced"
give information about (transportation) in a station or airport via a public address system.
"they were announcing her train"
synonyms: signal, indicate, give notice of, herald, proclaim; literarybetoken
"strains of music announced her arrival"
make known the arrival or imminence of (a guest or a meal) at a formal social occasion.
"dinner was announced"
synonyms: introduce, present, name
"Victor announced the guests"
[+]
By Azurea 2017-09-06 01:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, I remember hearing about this actually, from my best friend's dad. His third cousin's ex-husband used to work with a woman who was friends with a guy that took orders at Taco Bell. He struck up a conversation with a nice old lady (Agatha) in the drive-thru. She said that her mother-in-law was told by Raptor Jesus of an upcoming game merger. Crazy! I just didn't want to say anything without any real proof.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-09-06 04:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

*** all this. Just release monstrosity as a standalone game so I can buy the *** out of it. Best thing they added to xi in the last 4-6 years
[+]
 Valefor.Chaska
user: chas1200
By Valefor.Chaska 2017-09-06 06:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be nice, if nothing more than to just infuse some life back into ffxi. Don't hold your breath though.
By fonewear 2017-09-06 06:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of an expansion how about just using the old content we already have. You could very easily make a lot of high level content with what is already in the game.

And no changing the mob in Ambu is not new content.
By Taint 2017-09-06 07:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoshi Hinted at a 11 collaboration in 14, but there was no substance there. Also 14 blows it would end up a desperation move by SE.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-09-06 08:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
*** all this. Just release monstrosity as a standalone game so I can buy the *** out of it. Best thing they added to xi in the last 4-6 years
'Member Pankration?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-09-06 09:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
'Member Pankration?
You mean Maird Wars XI?
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-09-06 10:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
'Member Pankration?
They need to finish that too. I want my trophies gdi
 Bahamut.Hankeypanky
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Hankeypanky 2017-09-06 10:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

anik said: »
I heard SE was in talks with Sony about revamping FFXI and FF14 merging the universes having the Universes unlockedable or something to that effect aftermath etc..?

Source?
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-09-06 11:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fever dreams.
[+]
 Bahamut.Hankeypanky
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Hankeypanky 2017-09-06 11:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Why u do dis to me.
 Shiva.Haldarn
Server: Shiva
user: Haldarn
By Shiva.Haldarn 2017-09-06 11:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Yoshi Hinted at a 11 collaboration in 14, but there was no substance there. Also 14 blows it would end up a desperation move by SE.

Shantotto in Burgeoning Dread in Jan '14 when she visited Eorzea during ASA (which she mentions when you get her Trust).

Iroha in Maiden's Rhapsody in Nov '15. You got to batter crabs as an homage.

They're totes using XIV subs money to upgrade all the XI models to HD in prep for the VR rerelease ;)
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-06 12:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Haldarn said: »

Shantotto in Burgeoning Dread in Jan '14 when she visited Eorzea during ASA (which she mentions when you get her Trust).

They're totes using XIV subs money to upgrade all the XI models to HD in prep for the VR rerelease ;)

"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair..."

[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-06 12:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
Shiva.Haldarn said: »

"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair..."

My name is SE king of kings !

'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-09-06 13:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally would have loved to see some new endgame content, but in order to participate, you had to do it as a Monstrosity.

I can just see it now....

Crab and Beetle tanks
Byakko and Rabbit WHMs
Hecteyes BLMs
Raptor DDs
[+]
 Asura.Omgwhy
By Asura.Omgwhy 2017-09-06 13:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont forget the chigoe THF for TH!
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-09-06 13:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
I personally would have loved to see some new endgame content, but in order to participate, you had to do it as a Monstrosity.

I can just see it now....

Crab and Beetle tanks
Byakko and Rabbit WHMs
Hecteyes BLMs
Raptor DDs

See this thread.

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Title: The Master's Monstrous Mistake

Amount of chapters/missions: Many. Access to the final set of areas are gated behind Monstrosity. Once finished with the Monstrosity content already in existence, a few additional quests lay the story work that bridges the gap from Vana'diel to Mordion Gaol.

The Setting: Mordion Gaol, the place where Pandemonium Warden, Tumult Curator and the Master referenced in Leafalia originate.

Content: You start as your avatar from Monstrosity, fighting with other monstrous PCs in Walk of Echoes-like battlefields called Valhalla. Your opponents are all former PC models: Tarutaru, Galka, Mithra, Elvaan and Hume.
The final tier of these WoE-like battlefields houses the terrestrial avatar of Chaos, Hades, a Kuluu tonberry who long ago made a pact with Odin in an attempt to circumvent the curse upon his people. Instead it compounded the curse, making him a focal point of chaotic energies, opening a path to Mordion Gaol but trapping him on the far side. The first encounter with him is a mission battle.
Upon completion of these tiers, a battlefield to obtain Hades as a summon is opened to PCs. Other rewards include tank, mage and DPS-orientated accessories. After winning once, a HTBF version is made available for other rewards.
After clearing the Hades mission battle, Hades remembers who he had been in Vana'diel and he calls Odin to appear. Odin grants you the power to return to your original form for content in Mordion Gaol.
Since Odin arrives, Alexander also appears because that's just how it works. He starts the quests for "job upgrading" and the new REMAs, finally directing you to consult Bahamut, with his blessing.
The next zones of Mordion Gaol are delve-like in progression, look like Outer Ra'Kaznar, but have hidden NMs like Salvage. These NMs follow the tradition of Unity, but lean heavily on the missing families fought in ZNM. These zones provide mid-challenge and gear. There will be a lot of reason to replay these zones, but they are not meant to be endgame.
Endgame will be fought in a twisted version of Limbus. Here players will learn the origin of Caturae, evil automatons controlled by demonic PUPs.
Caturae battles will play well with DRKs, proper Demons will play well with SAMs, and other monsters of every family will also play a significant part in these zones. BSTs and any jobs with Circle effects will have a reason to use these abilities. If not already clear, PCs can be their original race or a Monstrosity avatar, so those options are also present.
The second to last battle will be with the Master, a PUP that can and will utilize Overdrive and the SPs available to its Caturae automatons. There will be 6. His goal is to better understand the multitude of life created by the shattering of the Mother Crystal so that he can reassemble them within himself and become a proper god.
Defeating the Master opens a new zone, that looks like Sea, to fight through that ends with a final battle against Chaos, the culmination of the Master's research and efforts, that is some kind of twisted Absolute Virtue-thing.
After killing Chaos, the Master's underling spermies come to you, revealing that they are also Sanruku and Ryo, looking for purpose. You shrug like you always do in every final cutscene, revealing some greater truth that had always been right in their faces but they had never noticed before. They leave for their own journey and mention some cryptic nonsense about Ebon Panels, but, before they go, give you some crystalline potion the Master had made. Pouring this over the remaining artifacts of Phoenix bring the missing avatar back to strength, balancing Hades so that the pair can happily conflict between chaos and hope.

2-3 new jobs,their main focus,job abilities and 1 hours,REMAs: We don't need new jobs. I really like Siviard's idea of "upgrading" our existing jobs. The items needed to do so could be littered about the content available within this expansion.
New REMAs would be cool. Tartarus platemail-like appearance, but in weapon form and more celestial in color. Instead of glowing with the red of hell, more blues, whites and golds. Soul Calibur-esque, I imagine.
Plot-wise, we could have Bahamut be the NPC that takes the place of Goblins for the new REMAs as well as the job upgrade quests. Bring him items that prove you have fought against the taint of Mordion Gaol, and he will reforge them with dragon fire into pure soul gems or something.

Price: All of your money.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-09-06 19:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I remember that thread but I had already posted an idea on it.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-09-06 19:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, your idea for job upgrades is awesome. I just figured, if this conversation was going to head in that direction, folks may as well know about the other thread.
By anik 2017-09-07 15:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Was it not announced?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-09-07 15:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

anik said: »
Was it not announced?
You were the one claiming it is.