users online
Forum » FFXI » General » trust combinations of pure buffing
trust combinations of pure buffing
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-31 23:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I'm sick of Quldata et al interrupting my solo skillchains, to the point where I'm now only toying with trust setups that purely buff, then throw a WHM in so I can be lazy and not self-cure. Looking for what others use as their trust setup when they purely want to self skillchain (and I mean 4,5 steps, so truly non-weaponskilling trusts).
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-31 23:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Well other than the 2 bards, and some geo's that are essentially useless, youre kinda sol.

You can run Koru (whm) joachim ulmia and.... everything else will interrupt your skillchains unless you go with another whm, or geo.

You'll have a slot for the "special" trust geo they make, when they finally make it.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-31 23:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

right now I typically run 2 brds, whm, brygid and star sybil (extra defense never hurts, and at least star helps on my bursting damage- I'm talking about RDM/NIN solo right now, and the occassional COR solo, for the record). I'm wondering lately how good Sylvie is, and whether I'd actually get the bubbles I want/like, or if she's just the GEO version of Joachim.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-09-01 04:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

cherukiki is one i like to throw in there due to her very nifty regen usage she keeps it up and doesn't do the yoran/apururu hey i need to waddle back and forth in front of this thing that has a conal 1shot move thing lol
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-01 07:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
So, I'm sick of Quldata et al interrupting my solo skillchains, to the point where I'm now only toying with trust setups that purely buff, then throw a WHM in so I can be lazy and not self-cure. Looking for what others use as their trust setup when they purely want to self skillchain (and I mean 4,5 steps, so truly non-weaponskilling trusts).

BRD x 2
Yoran or Apruru as WHM

Then various "passive" trusts or a RDM like KoH though he has his own issues involving Firaga IV.

If your using sword a lot then you might want to look at AAEV. She's an epic tank and will actually SC with you, she has CDC and I've done some cool stuff involving her.
[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-09-01 08:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

To specifically answer the question, you can run 2x brd, koru or arciela I (she does use tp moves but they dont interupt sc's, use her when im on sch, it's great), and then pretty much unm whm, cherukiki, and the geo trusts. Personally i run ulmia, cherukiki, yoran. Joachim, arciela if im in a similar situation. Sometimes i swap out joachim for koru, but since you're soloing on rdm you probably wouldn't have to make that swap.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-09-01 08:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

BRD x 2
Yoran or Apruru as WHM

Then various "passive" trusts or a RDM like KoH though he has his own issues involving Firaga IV.

If your using sword a lot then you might want to look at AAEV. She's an epic tank and will actually SC with you, she has CDC and I've done some cool stuff involving her.

One note on KoH. He does have a WS he will use that interrupts SC. It's called Deal Out. He doesn't have TP for it often, but it is always annoying when I am solo card farming in omen, I've made sure Qultada and Shantotto don't have TP, and I use Konzen-Ittai to do 30k WS damage and KoH thinks that I must have meant for him to throw out a WS for 300 total damage with SC...
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-09-01 08:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not watch his TP and chain with him? All of his WS are pretty decent SC starters for your mastered jobs:

1) Detonator > Savage/Reso/Trueflight > = Light,
2) Detonator > Requiescat/Swift/Wildfire = Gravitation,
3) Detonator > Vorpal Blade/Sickle Moon = Distortion,
4) Savage Blade > Last Stand = Light,
5) Savage Blade > CDC/Death Blossom/Ground Strike = Distortion,
6) Burning Blade > Flat Blade/Numbing Shot/Herculean Slash = Fusion,
7) Sniper Shot > Savage Blade/Reso/Trueflight = Distortion

Lot of those are easily extendable to LVL3 and LVL4 SC's.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-09-01 08:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Qultada will often hold TP until you WS the first time and then use his WS to SC off of you... The problem is, he often uses Detonator when he should Savage and vice versa. When you are on a job trying to put together a 3/4/5 step SC for maximum damage output, when he interupts, its often in a way that breaks the step chain that you are going for. Sometimes it can be salvaged, like when he chains distortion on my sam, I can immediately go to Tachi: Shoha for Light and then Tachi: Fudo for double Light, but I have to be on my toes and be ready for it, where if its just myself making the steps its easy.

Can't speak for the OP though, just my thoughts.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2017-09-01 08:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering lately how good Sylvie is, and whether I'd actually get the bubbles I want/like, or if she's just the GEO version of Joachim.

Sylvie is very narrow in focus, picking from one or two Indi bubbles and a single entrust based on main job (listed on the BG Wiki Trust page).

Since RDM is lumped with BLM and SCH, and will get Acumen or Focus, with entrusted Refresh... so her appeal is skewed a lot more towards nuking.

Generally, non-tank melee get Fury or Precision with entrusted Frailty. So, for a lot of jobs/strategies, she's pretty decent, but I suspect she's not a great fit for what you want.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-09-01 09:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Why not watch his TP and chain with him? All of his WS are pretty decent SC starters for your mastered jobs:

Lot of those are easily extendable to LVL3 and LVL4 SC's.

Honestly, they're too slow. I can 5 step solo easily on both COR and RDM, and its just so annoying when I finally get to that Light/Radiance or Dark/Umbra and get interrupted. I just want buffs and get outta my way! ^^
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-09-01 10:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Need more information.

What event is this? Solo CP? Ambu? T1-3s? HTBF or solo Omen? What job are you?

Reason I ask is because there's several combinations I personally use depending on what I'm doing.

Usually I use:

Sylvie (always): en-Indi frailty + indi-Fury is what she uses, unless you're a tank then she uses haste+regen

Joachim

Qultada for his first 2 rolls, then after the fight I immediately dismiss him. His rolls last 6 minutes, and I have a macro to re-summon him when they wear off. So for something like omen card farming, he's pretty useless outside of his rolls, so I only keep him for that and then remove him

Arciela 2 (haste 2) or Koru (will also Haste 2, and cure, as well as Dia). Generally use the latter because he does more. Arciela has an attack buff that can be useful

Ulmia rarely, but I use her when I need haste buffs. Sadly, she will 2x ballad you if you fall into a low MP area, so changing gear means she'll almost always resort to using it.

Sometimes you can get away with using different trust combinations depending on your event. Occasionally, I don't even bother summoning a whm trust, and just depend on Joachim/Sylvie/Koru to keep me alive.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-09-01 19:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ok info- this is mostly for junk content or solo CP(COR). examples being solo legion farming mats, VW (a RDM needs more than 2 step to kill Bismarck for example unlike a WAR), other farming needs. I really don't have any need for drops from "soloable" (quotes due to trusts being present....I'm just too old to consider that real soloing vs. back in the day) content so if I'm soloing its farming, and speed is what I'm after. Trusts breaking my skillchains slow me down.

I do love the idea of creating a call macro for Quldata so you can have him roll then get him the hell out of there, only bringing him back when you need rolls.

Also the comments on AAEV are interesting, and at least CDC is more workable than Detonator or other crap.

I often run with Sehl'teus due to his AoE heals and his WSs do chain decently with Savage Blade at least, they're just unpredictable.

My question about sylvie is will she give me melee bubbles while I'm on RDM- Isiolia seemed to imply that won't be the case. Really wish they'd create a non-Unity leader GEO...seems to be the only job class where that's the case. Or, give me a toggle to not allow trusts to weaponskill.

"I'd like 'things SE will never do' for $300, Alex"
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-09-01 19:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you look at wiki (think it's on both), it says what bubbles are given by Sylvie on each job.
[+]