By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-08 05:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Srsly.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-08 06:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I swear, I feel like there is some SE employee lottery going on... Guess how long the players will continue to pay their monthly fees if we do nothing but promise something good is coming.

The ones that guessed up to a quarter of a year have already lost. We're moving closer to half a year now.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-08 06:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I (and some others) have said that for quiiiiiite a while.

Just takes longer for some people to admit it I guess.

For the last couple years they've made it pretty clear no *** are given, but lately, they've gone below no *** given to something I'm not even sure what it could be called.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-08 07:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

"last couple of years" is way too long.
The future sure didn't seem as dark as it seems now, 2 years ago.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-08 07:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
"last couple of years" is way too long.
The future sure didn't seem as dark as it seems now, 2 years ago.

"to you"
By fillerbunny9 2017-08-08 08:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank goodness, we can make all the Salvage gloves we want for /lockstyle, pretending we all forget that Ambuscade is a thing! ***man, at least throw people a bone and make things like Kupon I-seals a constant thing, it'd be worth more than recycling the last three month's "special" item and salvage pieces I don't think anyone is clamoring for.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-08 08:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
Thank goodness, we can make all the Salvage gloves we want for /lockstyle, pretending we all forget that Ambuscade is a thing! ***man, at least throw people a bone and make things like Kupon I-seals a constant thing, it'd be worth more than recycling the last three month's "special" item and salvage pieces I don't think anyone is clamoring for.
It's gearmon! No matter level must collect all gears! (But I agree wtf SE)
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2017-08-08 08:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

Speaking of, they didn't rotate Ambuscade armor yet again.

For me, this is the kind of stuff that's more annoying than a lack of new battle content or whatnot. That, I kind of expect, and understand that it does take resources they don't likely have.

Rotating monthly/bonus content though? That seems like it'd take next to no effort, and more just requires a teensy bit of thought put into it to keep it fun, if not relevant.

They should at least be offering a better variety of stuff alongside Salvage pieces for...whoever it was that requested them.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-08 08:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

*brainfart*

Post deleted by User.
By Lordsoth 2017-08-08 09:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

SE handed the keys over to the interns. Has to be the reason for them shitting on us these last few months. Wouldnt be a problem at at all but were paying customers. If it were free to play, like it should be, I wouldnt have a problem with how they been handling the game these last few months.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-08-08 09:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Them not rotating the armor screams lazy, but also has me thinking that the Ayanmo etc sets won't be upgraded with Abjdhdjdbdjdlis Metals like the other sets. It'll be like "We gave you ample months to farm for the old +2 pieces, the new ones will be upgraded with Ajbhjdbdjdhalis Cardboard."
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-08-08 09:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-08 09:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I could mentally spam amb enough to care about the monthly gears but I understand the frustration. I do like the random currency idea but it might affect the currency economy a little bit. But let's all brain storm some reasonable ideas that might be good enough to post on SE forums!? Maybe we can think of the solution.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-08 09:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Lol
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-08-08 11:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

There are so many signs of laziness and lack of effort to keep the game enjoyable that I feel that if they didn't keep campaigns running every other month they would lose most of their players base. The list is long but:
  • Login campaign being useless except a cool looking mount every now and then

• Recycling old ambuscade fights and, mostly, not rotating armors and increasing the +2 to other sets after few months

• Non-sense MNK "buff" when a simple weaponskill re-haul would have worked

• Never address the SMN AC+AF burn allowing people to get aeonics ("ultimate weapon") every other day. I'll get ***for this but at least the old melee or RNG zerg or SCH SC required some coordination and joint effort making the fight entertaining. Now it's a 30 secs yawn.

• Mentioning a big next month with hints to relic +2/3 and never deliver (first they had the ff14 expansion but now what?)

I swear they really put in charge of FFXI "future" some random intern with no clue whatsoever but the directive to just milk the content game as much as possible to keep some profits
[+]
 Asura.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2017-08-08 11:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

i kind of lost all hopes to resub when they posted this:
"Though the development period may look short on the surface, August contains a lot of content that we have been working on in the background and are finally ready to present to you."
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-08-08 11:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2017-08-08 11:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sympathize for a minute and realize they've been pooling resources for XIV's latest expansion. It's no excuse for a few particular short comings but at least they know problems such as MNK are real.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-08 11:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's be honest there are dozens of people who would work on fixes for square for -free- . Resources should not be an issue.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-08-08 11:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Many of the staff (the two that exists) usually go on holidays this time of year.

We are lucky to have anything at all. Those of you who can't handle this concept should unsubscribe. Or subscribe to FFXI forums and channel the bitching there. FFXIAH.com is really a waste of focus of energy for change to occur..

If you know Japanese you can create a JP client and help channel the complaints even better. They listen to JP more than English/NA.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-08 11:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If we posted our thoughts on the official forums, we'd be banned. I mean, even this stuff, where the posts aren't rude but still point out flaws and disappointment would be met with a swift "You Don't Matter!" Hammer.

Posting here, we know someone will at least read what we write. It isn't SE, it is just fellow posters like you, but at least we aren't just ranting into a void!

Also, posting gives FFXIAH some sweet, sweet traffic. Hopefully they get some nice revenue for giving us this awesome space to converse.
Honestly, I've had more fun here than in-game since the August Downdate.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-08-08 12:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

When SE staff do things like this, you can't help but laugh (at what I'm not quite sure). At least they think enough of XI to keep it going.

[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-08-08 12:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
If we posted our thoughts on the official forums, we'd be banned. I mean, even this stuff, where the posts aren't rude but still point out flaws and disappointment would be met with a swift "You Don't Matter!" Hammer.
It's actually against forum rules to criticize. That's actually what they stated for one of my bans
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-08-08 12:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Posting here, we know someone will at least read what we write. It isn't SE, it is just fellow posters like you, but at least we aren't just ranting into a void!

True. I agree.

Quote:
Also, posting gives FFXIAH some sweet, sweet traffic. Hopefully they get some nice revenue for giving us this awesome space to converse.

Although I like Rooks and Scragg and their initiatives (Only Reason why I am here posting and supporting it), I think their forums went to trash with corruption again.

They just don't have the time to look into these issues as well as they used to. So favoritism is at its worst on these forums among the mods.

There are better places to post that have better moderation out there.

(I wouldn't be suprised if this post gets deleted soon)..lol
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-08 12:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lennart said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
*brainfart*
Does my idea bother you bud?
I was just thinking out loud; There are probably way more viable options, just curious what we can do to make this login crap less annoying for people.
Wait, wut?

I simply made a very stupid post (more stupid than usual!) completely unrelated to your post, and simply decided to edit it.
Nothing more, nothing less °-°
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-08 12:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I've recently been losing a lot of interest in this game as well. The Omen Card campaign was just about the only reason I logged on, check in with ls, and be disappointed with Vanadiel Day. They just haven't done anything worthwhile the past several months. Seriously, what was the last biggest update? +2 ambu gear? First Vanadiel day? Ou being released? I really don't remember anything recent that was 'good'/

There really isn't much of an excuse either besides the fact that SE is really lazy. It's almost like they start off really high, on a very noble and promising path, and then get extremely lazy and just refuse to complete it, or just ignore it until players are sitting around with nothing to do. Then they decide to update it. Seriously, I did like 5 ambuscades all of last month. I forgot to even spend my login points from last month because there wasn't much to buy anyways.

Remember when people said "if more people bought wardrobes that would be more money for resources which they will turn back into the game"? What a crock of ***that logic turned out to be.
First Page 2 3