Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » MNK AUG 3RD 2017 UPDATE
MNK AUG 3RD 2017 UPDATE
 Ragnarok.Primex
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Primex 2017-08-03 00:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Damage and delay values for item level 119 hand-to-hand weapons have been adjusted.

Certain monk abilities have undergone changes and adjustments.
*Some limitations apply when monk is used as a sub job.

Boost has undergone the following adjustments.
- Autoattack delay will increase while active.

- The next autoattack will deal increased damage.

- Then next autoattack will generate increased TP if it connects.

- While active, the next weapon skill used before an autoattack occurs will deal increased damage.

- The next autoattack/weapon skill will have its damage modified my STR.

-The effect duration has been changed from 180 to your attack delay.

-The recast time has been changed from 15 seconds to 60 seconds.

Focus has undergone the following adjustments.

-Accuracy and critical hit rate are increased while active.
* The actual values are based on your level.

- The effect duration has been changed from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.

- The recast time has been changed from 300 seconds to 120 seconds.

- In line with the above change, the Focus Recast merit point category has changed from a 10 second reduction to a 4 second reduction.

Dodge has undergone the following adjustments.

- Evasion and guarding rate are increased.
* The actual values are based on your level.

- The effect duration has been changed from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.

- The recast time has been changed from 300 seconds to 120 seconds.

- In line with the above change, the Dodge Recast merit point category has changed from a 10 second reduction to a 4 second reduction.

Chakra has undergone the following adjustments.

- The amount of HP restored has been increased.
* The actual value is based on your level.

- The recast time has been changed from 300 seconds to 180 seconds.
- In line with the above change, the Chakra Recast merit point category has changed from a 10 second reduction to a 6 second reduction.

- Footwork now adds weapon damage to the damage of kick attacks.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2017-08-03 00:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget:
Quote:
Damage and delay values for item level 119 hand-to-hand weapons have been adjusted.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2017-08-03 00:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Primex said: »
Quote:
- Footwork now adds weapon damage to the damage of kick attacks.
so now before you kick you grab them brass knuckles with your toes?
By Blazed1979 2017-08-03 01:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hesitant to speculate, but the changes to boost better be absolutely *** spectacular for them to have changed it from 15 second recast to 60 second... better quadruple my Victory Smites DMG!
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-03 01:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

And nope
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-08-03 01:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

weapon damage buffed by roughly 33%
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-03 01:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
weapon damage buffed by roughly 33%
DPSincrease changes from weapon to weapon, the delay increase doesn't seem to follow a pattern but it's different from weapon to weapon.
Because of this Vere got over 6 DPS increase, Glanz/Spharai bit less than 5 dps increase and Godhands got 1,15 DPS increase.

DPS alone doesn't cover the whole picture of course, you'd have to factor the TPgain, the weapons' inherent stats and last but not least how delay is gonna benefit MNK, if at all, given the JA changes.

At first glance it looks to me that Spharai got even better and that Godhands got worse, in terms of tier-listing compared to pre-patch, but I might be wrong hey.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-08-03 02:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, so (long time PUP "main" part of me speaking here) I'm totally crossing my fingers for Kenkonken changes - either buffing the really low DMG, giving it more delay or changing the MA, or something. this could be super for PUP. Here I was thinking they might have been smart enough to give MNK mega JA buffs to avoid making PUP too strong, but if they adjust all H2H RMEA... Edit: just saw the new values and ohhh that IS a nice DMG buff, and more delay is not necessarily a bad thing

As for MNK... dammit, I kinda didn't want to feel compelled to make a Spharai but I might have to make a Spharai now! Seems Aeonic might settle in a little lower than Vere/Spharai with these weapon adjustments. I'm totally not up for Chloris buds or the higher cost of Empy, but I could do some relic currency.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-03 02:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

They already changed KKK values.
New values are:

DMG:+144
Delay:+79
Hand-to-Hand skill +269
Guarding skill +269
Magic Accuracy skill +228
Enhances "Martial Arts" effect V
Suppresses "Overload"
"Stringing Pummel"
Aftermath (including Automaton): Increases Accuracy and Attack Occasionally attacks twice or thrice Afterglow"

Have to see which role the new Delay thing will play out with TP return and synergy with Boost JA, but at first glance like I said before it looks like Spharai got even better than it was before and Godhands got worse, in term of tier-listing among H2H RMEA
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-08-03 02:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I see the values now.

Also Comeuppances+1 got a pretty nice buff, and that STR+20 looks really nice for the newly STR-modded Boost. Looks like what was arguably the best of the non-RMEA (and encroaching on RMEA territory before) could be even better now.

Comeuppances +1
DMG:+163 Delay:+79 STR+20 Accuracy+41 Hand-to-Hand skill +242 Guarding skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 "Subtle Blow"+12 Unity Ranking: "Double Attack"+1~5%"

Pchan, mind throwing those in your sim or giving your thoughts?

DMG/STR augmented Condemners with other good aug stats seem like relative winners here too.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-03 02:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't the best non-rma weapon "Jolt Counters +1" before the patch?
Granted those are likely gonna sell for ~200mils or something like that. At that point might as well buy a Spharai eh

Also you should ask Pchan/Austar in the other thread, not sure they even gonna keep reading this.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-08-03 02:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Wasn't the best non-rma weapon "Jolt Counters +1" before the patch?
Granted those are likely gonna sell for ~200mils or something like that. At that point might as well buy a Spharai eh

I never got Jolt+1s beating Comeuppances+1 in previous spreadsheets (and in some situations based on buffs/targets, Chastisers did well), though those two were somewhat close. NQ Jolt Counters were also pretty solid especially as an easily obtained AH option, and of course Condemners depending on augs.

Vast majority of situations the UNM H2H (Comeuppances) were best non-RMEA though, and often beat Glanz and sometimes I got them over Spharai (and I didn't even fully trust Vere results as accurate). My spreadsheets may have had some flaws, but pretty sure it was accurate that UNM H2H was tops aside from RMEA - those expectations also seemed to play out in real life situations for me.

Makes some logical sense too, given that they come from one of the hardest foes in the game, and they're the neo Shenlongs Baghnakhs. Of course, you could also cheese your way into a pair by spamming Unity Dial keys like I and several of my friends did ;)
By pchan 2017-08-04 02:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

just for the record since this is the monk update thread

boost JA duration equals the delay to the next autoattack
gives a little more than 500 tp on melee hit
TP is affected by store TP
WS doesnt get TP return boosted
The delay is affected by weapon delay equippement haste and magic haste. with spharai and capped gear haste it's roughly 17s, with capped magic haste and eq haste it's 8s. With a 216 delay club it is about 6s. naked with no buff and spharai it is 21sec.

While hundred fists is active, the delay is under 5s ( in game timer blinks)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-04 11:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just as a reference since nobody has mentioned it, as far as I've noticed, the ATTACK% BONUS from Boost is gone. The new things we received are IN PLACE of the old stuff, not in addition.

At this point nobody knows what the Anchorite Gloves do now then, useless to find out until they've fixed the WS issue anyway.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [377 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-16 01:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

#MakeMonkGreatAgain

[+]