Anyone Good With Asus Motherboards?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Anyone good with Asus Motherboards?
Anyone good with Asus Motherboards?
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-07-22 16:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Been trying all day to power up an Asus H110M Plus motherboard but it's not working despite being brand new as part of a bundle. I've built PCs before, and my own is working fine. No matter what combination of wires I put into this thing it doesn't work. System panel connectors, tried them a bunch of different ways but the manual isn't clear. I'm pretty stumped so I'd be very thankful if anyone can help out. Cheers.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-07-22 17:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You have any other power supplies to test? I always find a PS being the problem with mobo startups
 Asura.Wormfeeder
Server: Asura
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2017-07-22 17:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

have you made sure the the little 4 prong plug is plugged in also, it is next to the video connector on the board.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-07-22 18:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly doubt the manual is unclear, you just might not be reading the correct part or have the headers it expects. Thoroughly review that and make sure your pins are correct first.

Failing that, if you know the power supply is good, keep in mind that some estimates place DOA motherboards above 5%. Certainly not astronomical odds against you getting a faulty board.
By Zephin 2017-07-22 19:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Diagnosed a power supply that was bad. Error codes (should all was working) would show up on motherboard and basic lights would activate. Check 12v main supplies and they were 0.
 Asura.Verbannt
Server: Asura
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2017-07-22 19:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Also keep in mind that on asus motherboards if there is a memory fault it will not power the system. or if Cpu is not seated correctly or if the chip is dead it will also not power to post. This is done to protect other parts of the pc.
By geigei 2017-07-23 01:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Is not really uncommon to get bad pc parts, one might think it won't happen to him but it does at some point.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-07-23 13:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah after trying for hours .. I put the 4-pin in sideways and it clicked .. and I was like .. dammit, so many hours wasted. I'd put the different 4 pins in every direction but the right one. I also did the same thing with my own computer .. and I just had to fix that by putting my 8 pin in (I'd put two separate 4 pins in by accident). This is a lesson I need to remember. Make sure the pin clicks in to place, otherwise it's probably not in. Nothing suggested this everywhere I went, they suggested a million other things which I tried. It's always something simple with me. Thanks for all the replies guys.