Forum » FFXI » General » Omen Cards campaign
Omen Cards campaign
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-11 09:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Easily the best campaign to date for job reforging. The rate of cards appears to be doubled. I just got 7 cards solo last night as DRG, only missed 4 objectives (the magic 15k/mb30k ones). I imagine 10 cards is probably possible, depending on how fast you hit primary objective within the time limit and missing none (and the invisible counter is favorable).

This would have been even better if the timer for Mystical canteens was reduced in half.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-11 10:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I haven't done omen just yet but a linkshell member was talking about doing even solo with trust. Stated it might seem like a waste of KI but you can get free cards from it. Hence my question so every floor you win you get a card or?!
By Justuas 2017-07-11 10:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Yeah I haven't done omen just yet but a linkshell member was talking about doing even solo with trust. Stated it might seem like a waste of KI but you can get free cards from it. Hence my question so every floor you win you get a card or?!
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Omen
By Taint 2017-07-11 10:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Great news!
[+]
By Taint 2017-07-11 10:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo Omen often, i get 3-4 cards for a full clear.

It's pretty fun and doesn't take long at all.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-11 10:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Omen
So my friend is silly because the way it reads you only get a card per every 5 objectives won which includes a mini boss or reg. So going in solo with just trusts won't guarantee you will get cards etc.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-11 10:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

But not every job can solo this I assume.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-11 10:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

LennartHK said: »

with 5 trusts it's pretty easy. even just entering and clearing floors gives you progress towards cards. even if you fail all other objectives.
I see well then time to go on my whm and pop trusts.
By Taint 2017-07-11 10:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This is true I'd assume. You need solid DPS to clear floors in 10min. Crowd control can also become
A big deal with links. But I'm sure every job can solo cards, how many per run would be the issue.

A card farm group is also very easy to set up.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-11 10:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Every job can capably solo cards and objectives in Omen.

Keep in mind, there are two different missions for Omen: a standard Boss run and a "card farming" floor run (which can also be a Boss run, depending on your progress).

For the sake of soloing cards, we're talking about card runs, where you clear objectives from 3 floors and not 5. I would imagine for this campaign, it doesn't take 5 objectives to obtain a card.

In an example of my run last night, Just simple math here:

Floor 1: Got 1 card, cleared 2 obj+main (within the timer, so bonus)
Floor 2: Got 2 cards, cleared 2 obj+main (not within timer)
Floor 3: Cleared all but 2. Forget how many are in the list, I think 10, so I cleared 8 + main (not in time limit). Got 4 cards this floor (1 was from killing normal monsters unrelated to the objectives).

Missed 4/16 total bonus objectives

So just off my example above, without counting any bonuses I got for completing the first floor quickly (since I don't know the value), it looks like I got a card for every 2 objectives cleared. This would put me at 6. I got an extra card from normal monsters, so thats probably why I got 7. Like I said above, I think a really good group can hit 10, if they finish main obj in the time limit, and kill everything, and hit every objectvie+carryover from a previous run a favorable invisible counter.

Also, every job is fully capable of farming cards, you just need a tp/nuking set. And you can bring 1-2 extra bodies and everyone can drop and use their own trusts, for a max of 18 bodies in the zone.

Edit: floor 3 might not be 10 total objectives, maybe its 8. Someone can confirm because I don't remember.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-11 10:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Every job can capably solo cards and objectives in Omen.

Keep in mind, there are two different missions for Omen: a standard Boss run and a "card farming" floor run (which can also be a Boss run, depending on your progress).

For the sake of soloing cards, we're talking about card runs, where you clear objectives from 3 floors and not 5. I would imagine for this campaign, it doesn't take 5 objectives to obtain a card.

In an example of my run last night, Just simple math here:

Floor 1: Got 1 card, cleared 2 obj+main (within the timer, so bonus)
Floor 2: Got 2 cards, cleared 2 obj+main (not within timer)
Floor 3: Cleared all but 2. Forget how many are in the list, I think 10, so I cleared 8 + main (not in time limit). Got 4 cards this floor (1 was from killing normal monsters unrelated to the objectives).

Missed 4/16 total bonus objectives

So just off my example above, without counting any bonuses I got for completing the first floor quickly (since I don't know the value), it looks like I got a card for every 2 objectives cleared. This would put me at 6. I got an extra card from normal monsters, so thats probably why I got 7. Like I said above, I think a really good group can hit 10, if they finish main obj in the time limit, and kill everything, and hit every objectvie+carryover from a previous run a favorable invisible counter.

Also, every job is fully capable of farming cards, you just need a tp/nuking set. And you can bring 1-2 extra bodies and everyone can drop and use their own trusts, for a max of 18 bodies in the zone.

Edit: floor 3 might not be 10 total objectives, maybe its 8. Someone can confirm because I don't remember.

Thanks lol you actually answered my main question. Thank you I'll give it a go.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-11 10:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just make sure on floor 2 you pick "Smaller Light" if you are entering solo/lowman. Its the middle option.
 Asura.Pankakes
Server: Asura
user: pankakes
By Asura.Pankakes 2017-07-11 12:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

with 5 trusts it's pretty easy. even just entering and clearing floors gives you progress towards cards. even if you fail all other objectives.

I would think it's very easy to find a PUG on WHM and get more out of your runs.
 Asura.Blitzjr
Server: Asura
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2017-07-11 13:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So we looking at approx 10 cards a run??
By Gruknor 2017-07-11 14:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

10 cards a run? How many people are you doing this with to get that? Do you complete all the objectives within the time limit?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-07-11 14:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Blitzjr said: »
So we looking at approx 10 cards a run??

You are looking at around 8 in a card farm run and at 6 in a bossrun that has no bonus chests.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-11 14:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pankakes said: »

I would think it's very easy to find a PUG on WHM and get more out of your runs.
No pugs! I read any job! Whm melee fear me casting holy 2!
By whitemage 2017-07-11 14:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

12 cards was a mistake on someone else's part. Sorry.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-11 15:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

8 seems average rate, since double.
10 would be possible if perfect
12 with an alliance? Can someone who has actually received 12 cards verify this? Not talking about adding Ou to the end of it, either. I'm not denying it, but it sounds a little high for the rate.

If that is true, though, then it means that you get more cards the higher the content objectives scale up (theory is more people = more objectives = more points per objective). As solo, you only have to do 1SC, 3 MB, 3 maws, 3 physws, 5 totalws, and 3 spells/2abil. It's harder with more people, so maybe they are rewarding the effort with more bodies. In which case I'd argue that going with a bigger group for this campaign is preferred method over solo.

Pre campaign, I've gotten as little as 3 cards solo, and 5 cards on a very good run. That's hitting every objective with perfect timing and lucky rollover counter. 12 seems illogical for the current formula for cards.
By Taint 2017-07-11 15:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

6 was the absolute max before on an Ou run with a chest floor. (Correct me if I'm wrong l, most I've personally seen is 5)

So if it's double the chance of 12 would be next to zero.

But if it went from 5 objectives to 2 then it's possible.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-11 15:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I was guessing it went from 5-->2. it could have been 5-->3, I was just eyeballing. Opening the floor for people to comment on it and correct the record so I know how profitable I can be going forward.
By Blazed1979 2017-07-11 15:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

22 cards in 3 runs.
9-6-7
So 9 cards is possible.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-11 16:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine melee whm would have trouble probably completing the 30k ws, and maybe 2000 melee round objective. But other than that and the magical ones, I still think they would be fine in Omens omen with all of the gear they have access to +augments.

WHM gets invites just from shouting once or twice, so you probably don't need to. I have Ninja that will probably struggle with these objectives.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-07-11 20:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
6 was the absolute max before on an Ou run with a chest floor. (Correct me if I'm wrong

Ou runs don't have chest floors on them.

Quote:
22 cards in 3 runs.
9-6-7
So 9 cards is possible.

That seems about right.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-11 20:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lennart said: »
I imagine melee whm would have trouble probably completing the 30k ws, and maybe 2000 melee round objective. But other than that and the magical ones, I still think they would be fine in Omens omen with all of the gear they have access to +augments.

WHM gets invites just from shouting once or twice, so you probably don't need to. I have Ninja that will probably struggle with these objectives.
Whm soloing could probably switch to a massive dmg club and stacking high crit dmg+ gear, eat top tier attack food then get lucky on something with very low def like a panopt and hope your melee crits before they all die

I can't think of any mobs in there weak to blunt off hand.

Any idea how NIN can do 30k without aeonic? Would require a SC, attack food, and qultada rolls. Not sure what Shun can close to make something decent. No rema
By Ruaumoko 2017-07-11 20:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

10 Cards was the best I got out of an Ou run.

Any idea how NIN can do 30k without aeonic? Would require a SC, attack food, and qultada rolls. Not sure what Shun can close to make something decent. No rema

Do this on a Transcended.
Ei > Chi > Retsu > Ten
Sets up Distortion for Ten to close Darkness.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8