FFXI Players - Where Are They Now?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Players - Where are they now?
FFXI Players - Where are they now?
First Page 2 3
By Blazed1979 2017-07-02 10:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

How long have you guys played this game? How many people have you played alongside with, against or for?
Ever wondered what happened to some of them? 15 years on I would love to know what happened to some of them. Feel free to post and lets see if the community or even the friends, rivals themselves post.

Diabolos:
-What ever happened to Papajohns linkshelll members?
Aviator? Are you alive?

-Poisoned: Sonix alive? Verb?

-Mercury: I know you guys moved to Phoenix before the salvage bans, but some of you survived. Yuch, are you alive?

-Jandor - are you alive?

-Paeon - where are you brother?

Hades/Cerberus:
Anyone still play or recently returned from Kom's LS (besides Taint)?

-Lordgodspeed

-Bearfoot

-Diedren

-Sxyhexi aka Blackwidow

-Punky
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2017-07-02 11:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

People I know went to FFXIV lul and never looked back.
Played since june or july 04
By Justuas 2017-07-02 11:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Traitors
[+]
By Taint 2017-07-02 12:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of Cerberus players on Asura now from whirlingwind LS.

Kommission (kacez) played 14 a while but doesn't play either now.
Sacredshot plays only 14 but we use his character still.
Elflegolas plays on Asura.
Arcmarc quit, he's my RL neighbor now.
Pretty much all of Armada went to 14 together but most have quit both now.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-07-02 15:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
oh wow give him a big whatsup from me.
 Asura.Tuvae
Server: Asura
user: Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2017-07-02 15:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Played since june or july 04

Disgusting, the game is atrocious. I played it for quite a while and then got sick of the constant updates every 2 or 3 weeks, making any gear you grinded for, utterly useless and it was a joke to get. Also, the fact theres only one piece of gear thats good for each slot, theres no mix and matching for stuff, no variety. Cant imagine how someone who played FFXI for so long could actually enjoy XIV.
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2017-07-02 17:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

How? The game is beautiful and fun but has no addictive quality that 11 had/has. I tried to be addicted to 14 and got bored. When I wasn't bored I was stressed out at needing 7 people you could trust lotting, with perfect internet connections, schedules, fight scripting memorization, and all having mithra-like reflexes.
[+]
By Taint 2017-07-02 18:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
How? The game is beautiful and fun but has no addictive quality that 11 had/has. I tried to be addicted to 14 and got bored. When I wasn't bored I was stressed out at needing 7 people you could trust lotting, with perfect internet connections, schedules, fight scripting memorization, and all having mithra-like reflexes.

That's how I saw it as well. It's a gorgeous game with great tributes to everything final fantasy. The stories are good. Beyond that without a static it's really shallow. It was a one player game to me outside of static events. Once my static broke I knew I was done.
[+]
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2017-07-02 18:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably sometime in '05 (I could've sworn there was a way to see your original registration day on the Pol site). Though it's been harder to get on these days.

I've tried 14 a couple times, the original (which I liked, but my PC at the time couldn't handle it), then again when it got overhauled to be yet another WoW clone. It is a beautiful game, I just don't care for the button mashing and the fact that it seemed like the only strategy to most of the fights were just avoid such and such AoE, and if even 1 person lagged the fight was done.

Has anyone found a game like 11? It seems like every MMO since WoW, is WoW just with a different skin. Neverwinter was fun, but its too easy to fall into the Micro Transaction trap.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-07-02 18:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Noxzema said: »
Probably sometime in '05 (I could've sworn there was a way to see your original registration day on the Pol site). Though it's been harder to get on these days.

I've tried 14 a couple times, the original (which I liked, but my PC at the time couldn't handle it), then again when it got overhauled to be yet another WoW clone. It is a beautiful game, I just don't care for the button mashing and the fact that it seemed like the only strategy to most of the fights were just avoid such and such AoE, and if even 1 person lagged the fight was done.

Has anyone found a game like 11? It seems like every MMO since WoW, is WoW just with a different skin. Neverwinter was fun, but its too easy to fall into the Micro Transaction trap.

currently playing a game called 'secret world legends'. it's pretty much a relaunched verison of 'the secret world'. story is the same, but a new combat system. pretty fun, free to play, but i'm playing with a group. i dunno how it would be solo. imo, it's worth playing through for the story.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2017-07-02 19:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo is pretty easy to do as well. You can probably solo the first story mode dungeons as well before you have to worry about grouping up.

The game still needs a bit of hammering out under the F2P model, but it should finally allow for some content development because the previous model kind of flopped and just limped on from there.
By Blazed1979 2017-07-02 22:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Me and a group from FFXI Cerberus/Hades started playing XIV during 1.0 days and stuck with it until servers went down at 1.23
We came back to FFXI during the downtime, mid-Voidwatch Era I think, or maybe just before provenance was released. When 2.0 went up, we were back on it. At first we liked the new combat system even though the graphics/animations seemed a bit toned down. By the time we cleared first Coil of Bahamut we knew the game wasn't for us. Every job/member of the 8man PT is critical. DPS checks, healing checks, tank busters. You have to go through the motions with your static consistently to lock down the fight. If 1 or 2 members can't make it, replacing them is tough. When you do replace them, there's a learning curve that needs patience while the reps learn the strat/mechanics. Add the weekly lockouts, lack of anything else to do other than maybe grind whatever flavor of tomes is currently relevant, gear reset and it all just became one big hamster wheel. No sense of accomplishment ever, nothing earned remains relevant for more than 2-3 months?
Lack of ability to have a truly integrated social community due XIV basically being a lobby/dungeon game. Open world for storyline and lolfates?

I did enjoy PVP for a long time and did really well in it. I think that lasted about 3 months before I capped all my gear and got all the trophies and then just said goodbye to the game right after we cleared first Alexander dungeons.

Never going back. There's nothing that game could do that would even tempt me to consider a free trial.

I did enjoy Titan extreme when it was released. Maybe Ravana as well. But pretty much everything else sucked, especially leviathan, Ramuh, 2nd and 3rd bahamut coils, hate the dps positioning, hate the being limited to one specific rotation to produce maximum DPS.

Enjoyed DPS tanking as WAR for a while, but fellcleaves always compared poorly to the feeling I would get from a good solid Uko's fury or Victory Smite.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2017-07-02 23:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

1.23 best FFXIV.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-07-03 02:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

-Mercury: I know you guys moved to Phoenix before the salvage bans, but some of you survived. Yuch, are you alive?

MercuryX Members moved over to FFXIV minus Nikir (After the Bank Drama in which they blamed Nikir for all the missing gil and currency from several accounts that weren't banned due to the legendary Salvage 1.0 Bans which Annihalated the LS)

They tried FFXIV from prelaunch and going for a long time actually. They really wanted to make it their home and became very successful at all of the hardest content for a long time with great updates/videos and news feed on their website.

I think they are still playing and have a lot of the original core family still with them. I am just not sure if it is still XIV..

I tried to keep in touch with Kin, Lego, Dilias for a long time but I lost contact a couple years ago. It seems they are still close. I am not 100% sure they are still playing or if this roster is just an old one..

Here is the Link to their group on FFXIV:

http://www.ffxivpro.com/freecompany/Masamune/Mercury-X/

I was a member with them back in HNM Era about 7 years ago when they arrived on Phoenix.. Its been a long time.. I miss that crew..

As for Yuch I think he went over to XIV too with them. Maybe under a different name though..
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2017-07-03 02:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Now days I'm on FFXIV myself, Goblin server. Very unique name, Demonjustin O'phoenix.

I know, I'm a traitor. I do come back to XI occasionally though. :x
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-07-03 11:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck has a Facebook Page where we all keep in contact - Maybe you can try to start one up
By Draylo 2017-07-03 11:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI is the best
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-07-03 12:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of Cerberus players on Asura now from whirlingwind LS.

Kommission (kacez) played 14 a while but doesn't play either now.
Sacredshot plays only 14 but we use his character still.
Elflegolas plays on Asura.
Pretty much all of Armada went to 14 together but most have quit both now.

Hmm let's see here..

There are so many names that it would take a full page, but I'll throw out a few linkshells that you might remember.

Nothnx
Nothx
PaiMei
YourFantasy
KnightsofNi
KingBehemothHNMLS
WhirlingWind (Co-Founded by Littlebear, Weedeater, etc)
VVingVVwind
BestienMeister
TeleTubbies
Progeny
Insurrection
HeartofEpicure
Highpower
SilverKnights
MysticKnights
Dynasty
Excellence
SportsCenter
Crusaders
Nerfed
Nyanchi
GaiaLegends
[+]
Server: Siren
By Siren.Thisnameistaken 2017-07-03 17:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to know where some Seraph players are but i'm sure they're not reading a ffxi fan site.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-07-03 17:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm here.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-03 17:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I'm here.
Woot!

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Kornrod
Server: Bahamut
user: kornrod
By Bahamut.Kornrod 2017-07-03 17:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still here since august 2004.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2017-07-03 18:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

That's how I saw it as well. It's a gorgeous game with great tributes to everything final fantasy. The stories are good. Beyond that without a static it's really shallow. It was a one player game to me outside of static events. Once my static broke I knew I was done.
Same everything, especially the bolded.

Blazed1979 said: »
You have to go through the motions with your static consistently to lock down the fight. If 1 or 2 members can't make it, replacing them is tough. When you do replace them, there's a learning curve that needs patience while the reps learn the strat/mechanics. Add the weekly lockouts, lack of anything else to do other than maybe grind whatever flavor of tomes is currently relevant, gear reset and it all just became one big hamster wheel. No sense of accomplishment ever, nothing earned remains relevant for more than 2-3 months?
Totally. Unless you have a competent close-knit group, then raiding is usually a huge waste of time, and without raiding, there isn't much to do.

Without a group, here's how it usually goes with PUGs:
-New Primal Extreme/Savage fight is out.
-Join training party and wipe for ~1 hours to learn phase 1 (provided people stay and don't leave after the first wipe, forcing you to look for another party = this step will take over 2 hours)
-Join next training party for phase 2 training. Watch people fail at phase 1 mechanics and rage quits happen. Waste another 1-2 hours.
-Join next "final phase training party, might go for the kill" party. Same story as phase 2 party.
-Join the "KILL PARTY". Worse than p1 & p2 parties combined.
-After much frustration, summon friends (good players who have their own statics) to help with clear once and for all.
-Join a "FARMING PARTY. NO BONUS" to finally have a shot at getting the drops you want, only to be reminded of why you had to summon your friends in the first place.
-Unsub

Wish the game had more fun content that's kinda in-between casual & hardcore, difficulty-wise.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-07-04 14:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
-Join a "FARMING PARTY. NO BONUS" to finally have a shot at getting the drops you want, only to be reminded of why you had to summon your friends in the first place.
-Unsub
You missed a step - "Put up "Farm" in DF, get 6 other players who know what they're doing only to then have a random guy/girl say they have it on farm status only to see them die in phase 1 repeatedly". 1 person not knowing fight = 90% fail. FFXI is so much more forgiving. You could recover from missing a Fulminiation or Gates of Hades stun, in XIV if a tank fell off something, you were screwed. If a DPS fell off, you were screwed. I would say healer too but I've seen several occasions where a good SCH covered for a shitty WHM and solo healed through tank busters and huge PT aoe dmg.

Asura.Avallon said: »
Excellence
Orly O.o?
Who's leading that band of misfits these days, Spynx?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-04 15:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I'm here.
Only because my plan for conquest backfired!
By Notyourfather 2017-07-04 18:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Needs the movie guy to narrator. In a world gone to FFXIV one man refuses to live in modern times !

YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3