Random Politics & Religion #25

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #25
Random Politics & Religion #25
First Page 2 ... 59 60 61
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-06-15 09:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Node 285

FFXIV is down so time to nuke #24 and watch you guys destroy #25.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-15 09:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The *** Kojo!

We were having a conversation in #24!

I thought you mods weren't supposed to lock RP&R unless the conversation died down enough to lock/open another one so a new topic can take place.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-15 09:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread isn't locked yet ?
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-15 09:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I have about 14 hours to argue enough for a week since I will be MIA for a bit starting tomorrow
By fonewear 2017-06-15 09:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I was talking with my psychologist yesterday turns out arguing on the internet is good therapy.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-15 09:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Taken from RP&R#24 while the topic was being discussed (and Kojo being a tard).

eliroo said:
Quote:
The President can dismiss anyone in the executive branch, that's what being the elected head of the executive branch means.

Only Congress can bypass this and that's by appointing an special investigator themselves as part of an official congressional investigation. Doing that takes a majority vote, so like I said a literal act of congress.
The president cannot fire the special counsel, he can only order him to be fired. If the AG doesn't comply he can fire the AG until he finds one that will. Something like this happened with Nixon.

Actually, the President can order his people to fire the special prosecutor, that's what Nixon did when he ordered his Attorney General (who resigned in protest) and his Deputy Attorney General (who also resigned in protest) to do. Which neither did.

It wasn't until he Bork'd it that it happened.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-15 09:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
I have about 14 hours to argue enough for a week since I will be MIA for a bit starting tomorrow
You better hope that Trump doesn't do something stupid during your vacay.

.....see you at the impeachment proceedings.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-15 09:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Taken from RP&R#24 that was locked because Kojo wants to watch the world burn (protip: Your garage is on fire, and you can't prove that I started it).

eliroo said:
Quote:
I'm just making an observation about the differences between Watergate and Russiagate. See, there was an actual crime that was committed at Watergate, while no real crime has been committed with Russiagate, at least in regards to the President.
Didn't the wheels for watergate start from an obstruction of justice case as well? Like Nixon started doing similar things like ordering the special counsel in the case to be fired. Iirc he either fired or made people resign a lot.
Actually, no.

The wheels for Watergate started because the FBI saw a link between Nixon's re-election campaign and the burglers who broke into Watergate Hotel who happened to have the DNC's office in it. That was the catalyst that started Nixon and his admin in hiding the truth, which lead to obstruction of justice for that case.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-15 09:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think FFXIAH can make it without you. We will have to call in reinforcements.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-15 09:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Actually, the President can order his people to fire the special prosecutor, that's what Nixon did when he ordered his Attorney General (who resigned in protest) and his Deputy Attorney General (who also resigned in protest) to do. Which neither did.

Wow, you said the exact same thing I did but managed to do it in a "matter of fact" way. I'm impressed.

Quote:
Actually, no.

The wheels for Watergate started because the FBI saw a link between Nixon's re-election campaign and the burglers who broke into Watergate Hotel who happened to have the DNC's office in it. That was the catalyst that started Nixon and his admin in hiding the truth, which lead to obstruction of justice for that case.

Ahh ok, I just know that Obstruction of Justice is what they nailed him on that led down the rocky road to his resigning
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-15 09:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Taken from RP&R#24 because Kojo is an Oklahoman and therefor, by default, a jackass.

eliroo said:
Asura.Kingnobody said:
So, hate crimes never existed until Trump became president.

Got it!
You should read the last line I wrote and read what Nausi actually said to understand the context of the argument.

Again, I don't think Trump is the "cause" but if Nausi can stretch his original argument then we stretch this one that same distance.
Why bring up a single case that didn't even infer a policy made by Trump and blame Trump on it?

It's like stating that, since Trump had vodka last night, he was colluding with the Russians to keep Queen Hillary from winning her crown last November.
By eliroo 2017-06-15 09:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Why bring up a single case that didn't even infer a policy made by Trump and blame Trump on it?

Because you asked a question, in response to a post that simply stretched the truth the same way Nausi did and I applied an appropriate response.

That event is the whatever events "Nausi" is mentioning have the same correlation.

In other words, I used it as a means to point out his faulty logic and you took the bait.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-15 09:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, you said the exact same thing I did but managed to do it in a "matter of fact" way. I'm impressed.
Well, no president has actually fired his Attorney General to obstruct justice. Nixon's AG/DAG resigned before they were fired.

While what you said is possible, it has never happened.

/two cents

Ahh ok, I just know that Obstruction of Justice is what they nailed him on that led down the rocky road to his resigning
It wasn't (mainly) obstruction of justice. It was misuse of federal agencies to undermine/attack a private citizen.

Now, before you get your panties tangled in a huff (like Kojo does), I'm not disagreeing with you. Obstruction of Justice was one of the charges, but it's not the main charge that started the impeachment proceedings.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-15 09:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you asked a question, in response to a post that simply stretched the truth the same way Nausi did and I applied an appropriate response.

That event is the whatever events "Nausi" is mentioning have the same correlation.

In other words, I used it as a means to point out his faulty logic and you took the bait.
Look, Nausi's arguments are his and his alone. I don't attack them because of the whimsical fantasies that they are.

But at the same time, you shouldn't make the same argument he does, because then who's to stop the arguments there? We can go forth and say that Obama's policies have killed people on many occasions.

Sad part is, they did (Benghazi, Fast and Furious).
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-15 09:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I dedicate this thread to Kojo smelling like elderberries.

The title of this thread should be renamed as such!
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-06-15 09:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

What a farce we all know your infatuation with locking threads at 9 pages and multiples there of.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-15 09:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Now, before you get your panties tangled in a huff (like Kojo does), I'm not disagreeing with you. Obstruction of Justice was one of the charges, but it's not the main charge that started the impeachment proceedings.

Kind of hard to get mad / argue over an event that happened in that past that I am not incredibly versed on.

Quote:
Well, no president has actually fired his Attorney General to obstruct justice. Nixon's AG/DAG resigned before they were fired.

/two cents

Harry Truman fired(asking for resignation) his AG for firing the Special counsel to obstruct justice! Not the same but quite an interesting fact I learned.

I guess he was a Truman.
By fonewear 2017-06-15 09:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

What a farce we all know your infatuation with locking threads at 9 pages and multiples there of.

FFXIV is down which means back to reality...briefly !
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-06-15 09:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

FFXIV is down which means back to reality...briefly !

I should probably reactive when I get back in the country.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-15 09:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of hard to get mad / argue over an event that happened in that past that I am not incredibly versed on.

Quote:

/two cents

Harry Truman fired(asking for resignation) his AG for firing the Special counsel to obstruct justice! Not the same but quite an interesting fact I learned.

I guess he was a Truman.

Truman Capote ?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-15 09:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
But at the same time, you shouldn't make the same argument he does

I've clearly stated it was an unfair argument and I didn't agree with is, was simply pointing out his logic could be used on the right.
And left. And has been.

Why don't we just all admit that humans are stupid?
By eliroo 2017-06-15 09:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, Nausi's arguments are his and his alone. I don't attack them because of the whimsical fantasies that they are.

But at the same time, you shouldn't make the same argument he does, because then who's to stop the arguments there? We can go forth and say that Obama's policies have killed people on many occasions.

Sad part is, they did (Benghazi, Fast and Furious).

I was under the impression that Fast and Furious was not something that Obama or his administration were responsible for. I thought that was pretty much Arizona doing their thing.

No argument against Benghazi.

I still don't think you understand the point of me answer your question that way, but I think we can just let this argument slide since I don't think you will understand.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-15 09:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under the impression that Fast and Furious was not something that Obama or his administration were responsible for. I thought that was pretty much Arizona doing their thing.
Initially. It was a Bush Administration program, was nixed before he left office, then Obama and his cronies took the program and dialed it up to 11.

At least with the Bush Admin, nobody died.

I still don't think you understand the point of me answer your question that way, but I think we can just let this argument slide since I don't think you will understand.
I guess not. Can you try again?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-15 09:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at that the Russians hacked into my account and are deleting posts.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-06-15 09:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Heres the pickle for liberals today.

If muellers team is leaking to make trump look bad, then no one can argue they remain "independent"

If muellers team isnt leaking then Trump still isnt under investigation.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-15 09:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That isn't the russians, it is Correct the record!
By eliroo 2017-06-15 09:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
If muellers team isnt leaking then Trump still isnt under investigation.

Or someone else is leaking that isn't part of mueller's team?
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-06-15 09:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The *** Kojo!

We were having a conversation in #24!

I thought you mods weren't supposed to lock RP&R unless the conversation died down enough to lock/open another one so a new topic can take place.
We never said that. Inc #26...
First Page 2 ... 59 60 61