Ambuscade Volume 1 - June 2017
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-13 01:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
My GEO had no problems landing dispel on Sigh. Max BRD I ran with couldn't land it too well though.
On GEO I could land frazzle, distract, paralyze, slow pretty nice (and para seemed to have an unexpected high proc rate? Maybe it was just a coincidence) and Dispel wasn't too much of an issue I guess.

On BRD I could never land Finale instead. No macc food of course, and no focus/languor either.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-06-13 03:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Shot also landed very reliably without MACC food but with 5/5 AF+3
 Lakshmi.Miang
Server: Lakshmi
user: Miang
By Lakshmi.Miang 2017-06-13 04:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
My GEO had no problems landing dispel on Sigh. Max BRD I ran with couldn't land it too well though.
On GEO I could land frazzle, distract, paralyze, slow pretty nice (and para seemed to have an unexpected high proc rate? Maybe it was just a coincidence) and Dispel wasn't too much of an issue I guess.

On BRD I could never land Finale instead. No macc food of course, and no focus/languor either.

I have the same experience, Finale doesn't land (didn't try focus/langour for obvious reasons), but Dispel landed 100% for me without macc buffs. I haven't really worked on or looked at my Enfeebling set for GEO either, just threw AF+3 at it:

ItemSet 351872
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-13 05:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Miang said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »

I have the same experience, Finale doesn't land (didn't try focus/langour for obvious reasons), but Dispel landed 100% for me without macc buffs. I haven't really worked on or looked at my Enfeebling set for GEO either, just threw AF+3 at it:

ItemSet 351872

Have you not upgraded GEO feet? With that +18% movement speed!?
 Lakshmi.Miang
user: Miang
By Lakshmi.Miang 2017-06-13 05:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's on my to do list. I multi box so having 18% doesn't help much when limited by the speed of my slowest char, which is my WHM at 12% currently. If I had the feet I'm sure they'd be in my set too
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2017-06-13 07:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Tonberries are light based as hell, I've only been able to land Finale with Troubadour up
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2017-06-13 19:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. Tonberries are strong against light.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2017-06-14 00:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Had a Blue use Geist Wall to dispel his evasion buff. Worked great.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xcash
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: TBK
By Quetzalcoatl.Xcash 2017-06-14 03:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer V2 over V1 as hate reset seems like an annoying and costly process, and since I recently returned to the game all what I'm doing is spamming v2 normal and pickup HQ gear as I unlock them.

It is easy for me to solo it as A MNK (tanking) with all range DPS trusts.

I also noticed that when I end up in a long fight (10 min+) the aura seems to disappear.
By geigei 2017-06-14 05:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xcash said: »
solo
long fight (10 min+)

Please quit this game.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-06-14 06:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
solo
long fight (10 min+)

Please quit this game.

He's on Quetz. We don't care. We don't have long waits even with people soloing.
[+]
By geigei 2017-06-14 06:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

On rag i sometime see a 20+ que with only 70 ppl in zone, is disturbing, mostly in jp prime time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-06-14 06:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen a line longer than three after the first day in a very long time.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-06-14 06:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the quickest way to get to cryptonberries in pso'xja?
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2017-06-14 07:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer V2 over V1 as hate reset seems like an annoying and costly process, and since I recently returned to the game all what I'm doing is spamming v2 normal and pickup HQ gear as I unlock them.

FYI to anyone concerned about Tonberry hate - you only have to pay the 3 gold coins the first time you complete the quest. Every subsequent hate reset will just cost 250-1000 gil at the NPC.

The waypoint warp to the temple also puts you quite close to the hate reset NPC. If you CFH in the BC and only reset once every 5-6 runs, it isn't terrible.
[+]
By tyalangan 2017-06-14 09:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »

FYI to anyone concerned about Tonberry hate - you only have to pay the 3 gold coins the first time you complete the quest. Every subsequent hate reset will just cost 250-1000 gil at the NPC.

6000 gil on character with 0 zilart fame. Not that it is much different just adding detail.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-24 05:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Reset your goddamned Tonberry hate people.
By Notacka 2017-06-24 07:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Really please it's not hard >.< It's 6000 gil if you have high tonberry hate.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-06-26 15:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone noticed a sort of hate reset move on the monarch? I have seen it use somthing that looks like the throat stab animation then it will turn to one the DDs till that DD dies and back on the tank, happend to me tanking a few times and seen on others, it's weird to because in some instances the DDs were evenly matched but it switched to 1 of them then right back to tank after they die as if it marked them for death lol.

edit: I also noticed when it did this move just the tank would lose about half HP.
 Odin.Foxmulder
By Odin.Foxmulder 2017-06-26 15:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
anyone noticed a sort of hate reset move on the monarch? I have seen it use somthing that looks like the throat stab animation then it will turn to one the DDs till that DD dies and back on the tank, happend to me tanking a few times and seen on others, it's weird to because in some instances the DDs were evenly matched but it switched to 1 of them then right back to tank after they die as if it marked them for death lol.

edit: I also noticed when it did this move just the tank would lose about half HP.

Cover is a life-saver.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-26 15:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »

There are some fights where I'm pretty much tanking as a DD, so I wouldn't be surprised if a move had a hate reset of some sort. Though if I'm focusing on stacking a SC-closer on the tank it's almost always sticking to the tank, so maybe it just has enhanced decay instead of a reset.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-06-26 17:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

well it doesn't always happen, I've had several runs in a row with it not happening, then it does it 2-3 times in a run...
 Odin.Foxmulder
By Odin.Foxmulder 2017-06-26 17:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I almost always do it on PLD. I see him reset hate or whatever's going on in most fights. Obviously, the better your DD's damage, the shorter the battle and the less times you'll see it happen.

I just re-position to Cover and work to regain hate... or pop Invincible if I'm bound or things are dicey.