Hows FFXI?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Hows FFXI?
Hows FFXI?
 Asura.Planet
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Jovant
By Asura.Planet 2017-05-24 16:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, im a very old ffxi player ancient basically lol, started playing this particular mmo since day1 p2 release and kept playing faithfully up intill around 2010 then after that its been on and off, keeping in touch with old friends ectect. i thibk i officially stopped login in around 2012 because alot of people i known has stop playing. this his been my favorite mmo and the longest ive ever played. was wondering how is ffxi community today? is it worth the download still just to try and cacth a memory of how things use to be? i was thinking about downloading just to reminisce and complete storylines i havent finished, if i do infact come back is it easier to jump into the mix of things after not having up to date gear from 2010? i dont think i'll jump into much endgame content unless the game hooks me again, but i was just instrested in finishing up all the storylines i have yet to complete.

thank you in advance
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-24 16:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Planet said: »
Hi, im a very old ffxi player ancient basically lol, started playing this particular mmo since day1 p2 release and kept playing faithfully up intill around 2010 then after that its been on and off, keeping in touch with old friends ectect. i thibk i officially stopped login in around 2012 because alot of people i known has stop playing. this his been my favorite mmo and the longest ive ever played. was wondering how is ffxi community today? is it worth the download still just to try and cacth a memory of how things use to be? i was thinking about downloading just to reminisce and complete storylines i havent finished, if i do infact come back is it easier to jump into the mix of things after not having up to date gear from 2010? i dont think i'll jump into much endgame content unless the game hooks me again, but i was just instrested in finishing up all the storylines i have yet to complete.

thank you in advance
Do it
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-24 16:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

yes it is worth it
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-05-24 18:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Do it
Fenrir.Caiir said: »
yes it is worth it
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-24 18:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Speedyjim said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »
Do it
Fenrir.Caiir said: »
yes it is worth it
Lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-05-24 19:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Planet said: »
How is FFXI?
It's pretty gud.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-05-24 19:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

slow
 Asura.Starfishsky
user: starfish
By Asura.Starfishsky 2017-05-24 23:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

community is ok, there is good and bad, if u ignore the bad its fine. like others said, game is different, mostly because pre 99 content is too easy, so most solo it now. unless u join a nostalaga 75 link shell , there is one in asura actually.

alot of changes like ability to use trusts ( alter ego ) to solo ur leveling and missions/quests make things easier when you need a party but can't find people interested, specially with the lower populations these days on servers. I like trusts cause u get to play with your favorite NPCs from all the missions, some with interesting abilities, like shantotto ii who can skill chain as well as magic burst on your enemies. some interesting trusts are the good old ark angels fighting on your side, they supposed to be your enemies but they are helping you, i find that cool.

Also teleportation around the zones much easier now with home points and survival guides. so moving around is less tedious and you also get mounts.

the current end game is mostly the recent additions in 2015 in eshna zones, omen(raid). the last expansion audolin also offers some interesting content.

there is also some regular monthly instanced content been added recently, called ambuscade, provides a mid-level challenge with some useful gear, not the best but something to start with. you can also make decent gill with this.
 Asura.Queenforever
By Asura.Queenforever 2017-05-25 01:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If you loved the game back in the old days and want come finish the old contenet as said above it is alot easier do it solo. There is a massive amount of things changed since you played so you wouldnt find yourself without something to do for a long time, it just depends if you mind starting from where you were and working your way up , as you wont able to jump into end content for awhile till you play catch up on all the new stuff. If you want come back for old content fine, but be warned you will have to solo mostly everything as parties only are formed nowadays for end game stuff, everyone does evreything solo with a group of trust/npc characters to make there own party.

I still love the game and am abit obsessed with crafting ta mo. So if you loved it back in day you prob still would as long as you get in a nice ls. Even just for a good natter rather then events till you catch up.
 Asura.Maranwe
user: Maranwe
By Asura.Maranwe 2017-05-25 04:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're in it just for the nostalgia and finishing missions, you'll find you can do that easily on your on with Trusts. For more information on Trusts and many other changes in recent years, I suggest: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel

Also, you are on Asura. If you're not interested in doing any endgame stuff anytime soon, I recommend turning off the yells and shouts in your chatfilter. It will help keep your sanity and a misplaced belief that there's no idiots on the server :)

If you do feel like being more social: Linkshell Concierges give out linkpearls for various linkshells. Just try a few and see if there's any that you like :)

Having said so: welcome back!